Chapter 1

Pink Roses

Once my alarm rang out I immediately prepare myself to get up as my mom called me for our lovely breakfast together. My dad waited me sipping his coffee on the classy table where we put on our meals mom had made. He would always give me lively smiles before he’ll go and start to work for his office hours and give me those sweet kisses on my cheeks. He was always in a rush so he would go out first after saying his sweet words like ‘I love you’ and ‘Take care!’. Since his work is kind of too early, he can’t even get a chance to take me to my campus and I kind of understand it a bit. He was still the best father I could ever have.

 

 

My mom served me some omelet I would love to have every morning and never forgotten the fresh milk beside me. She was a type of woman who would always utter physical or healthy stuff, more like a health conscious one. I find it annoying sometimes but there’s nothing I could do to avoid it, so I did. But I’m always thankful about her being like that for I’m the type of a high school girl who doesn’t care about skin care products or shall we say care for health. Not at all, really. And I had learned a lot of things from her, I kind of thankful to that.

 

 

“I gotta go mom. Bye!” I waved my hands before giving her some kisses.

 

“Don’t forget to eat your lunch on time darling.”

 

“You know I won’t skip meals mom.”

 

“And oh! Be careful taking a bus and good luck to your lessons today, okay?”

 

 

I nodded.

 

Having such a lovable family made me think my life is normal. Loving, caring, sweet goodbyes, and the family day every weekends. I always thought my life is as normal as others, but I realized it wasn’t. I found this other side of me who adores not to opposite gender; not only to adore but to praise and loved this schoolmate I had for 2 years. My love for her could count as a puppy love as everyone says since I’m still a teen age. But still half of myself saying I was not, that the love I felt for her was for real.

 

 

Every morning I’ll take one light pink rose at our backyard for presents since my mom loves flowers so much so do I, or normally I would go to a flower shop nearby to grab some. This was a part of my weekly day routine, to deliver it to someone’s locker at school secretly. Sometimes I would add some sweet notes onto her while saying good luck every exam and every challenge she would want to join in. She was a part of a music club in school and was my idol, she has this angelic yet melodic voice that I feel like being on cloud nine while listening onto her.

 

 

Her name was Park Soyeon. The one who made my heart trembled, and the one who made me happy while smiling at me with her sweet greetings.

 

 

♫ You don’t have to try so hard

You don’t have to, give it all away

You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up

You don’t have to change a single thing ♫

 

 

Her voice echoed in the closed practice room. I was sneaking out trying to get a nice spot to clearly see her facial. Her emotion while singing that song, made my heart fluttered and melted as I listen long.

 

 

“Ugh I can’t hit that note.” She mumbled.

 

“That’s why you need to practice.” A same height with Soyeon came closer towards her, revealing that elf ear she has.

 

“I should have a break. And class will start soon. ”

 

“I never mentioned you shouldn’t. Oh wait, did you get to answer our assignment?” the elf eared asked.

 

“Yup. Do you want to go and copy those?”

 

“You don’t need to ask that.” then grins.

 

 

I checked the time, and it’s time for putting the pink rose on her locker. I went out from where I hide and went straight to locker room as I look for her name. I did open it and slowly checks if someone might witness me doing this act. I slowly closed the locker and a relief sigh came out after. It’s another day again for school works, and I’m pretty sure lessons were packed up by terror teachers giving us surprise quizzes or oral recitation and I find it really intense and unpleased.

 

 

Stretching out my arms as a smile form on my facial, I turned my face on the left side and saw this new student who transferred few days ago. I get startled that I think I shouldn’t be. Since when did she come here?

 

 

The young woman was still busy scrolling down onto her phone, selecting some songs maybe since she’s having her headphones on. My mind couldn’t think properly like how is it possible for her not to see me putting that pink rose on someone else’s locker. And my mind were getting more messy when I had thought of her being a new transferee here and she might as well don’t know it wasn’t mine. Perhaps she would think that was my own if she ever seen me for a second.

 

The transferee came closer next to me and opened her own locker, putting one book that was with her as I was having this terrified gesture. Why do I feel like I caught red handed for some reason?

 

 

“You’re new here, right?” I asked escaping the awkward I felt.

 

 

The girl looked on me. Not giving any responses.

 

 

“Excuse me?” she spoke out a couple of second, pulling off those headphones.

 

“You’re transferee right?” I asked back.

 

“U-huh.”

 

 

I checked on her name attached on the uniform. And I found out she has the same family name as me. What a coincidence.

 

 

“Park Hyomin..” I uttered meekly making sure she won’t hear it.

 

 

There’s nothing else I would ask so I take those slow steps away from her. I don’t talk to people who I don’t know that much and maybe that’s one of the reason I don’t have any friends right now. The cold look on my eyes with my rude gazes, how do I expect people to have nice comments onto me?

 

 

I do have friends in school but unlike those other girls who have best friends every school year. I could have a conversation with them but I kinda not feeling expressing myself out. I was a lame friend to be very honest, and I know it was the second reason why I don’t have one(best friend).

 

 

“That light pink rose is so beautiful,” the transferee uttered, made my thoughts fade away as I realize a thing.

 

 

My nerves starts to ground on my body making me feel a bit thrilled as I listened onto her. Feels like she had seen me putting that rose secretly and I felt terrified as I pause finding the urge to reply her back or just to smile as a respond. This is not just a good timing.

 

 

“You like flowers too?” she then added for the second, waiting for my response.

 

 

This is making me nervous.

 

~~~

Authors note: So this is the first chapter and how do you think? lol