Chapter 20

Pink Roses

Author’s note: I know I haven’t been able to update this fic for a long long time. I am very sorry again for this, I wanted to update this as soon as possible but author’s block was with me for all these past months xD Again I’m very sorry. I will still continue this minyeon fic whatever happens. Thank you for supporting this and thank you for your understanding. Hoping you’ll enjoy reading~ ^^

 

[JIYEON’S POV]

 

“Will you leave me?”

 

“Will you?”

 

“That’s not what I meant. I’m sorry for being so skeptical about it.”

 

It was never my intention to hear such conversation..

 

“Come on, spill it out. I won’t know it if you won’t tell me what you feel towards me – “

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

I saw the other girl walk pass by me, never noticed me here, standing as I try to understand things from what I had heard. I guess my instincts were right – they fought all the time because of that one thing I had always do to her. I feel so bad about it. I should’ve stopped sending her some when I realize I stopped liking Soyeon. Or  I should’ve stop doing so after realizing she won’t like me back, though I knew it since from the beginning. But who would have thought Soyeon would end up with her so called best friend?

 

I feel like it was my entire fault.

 

“You’re here…”

 

I quickly set my attention to the girl, who’s in front of me, don’t know when she had noticed me. I looked down hiding myself mentally; I know I got startled and that I know I shouldn’t.

“Sorry, I never meant to hear such thing..” I apologize; well I will do it anyway.

 

“It’s not your fault.”

 

Silence happened after I had thought on it for awhile..

 

Soyeon then told me what I already knew. About her relationship with her best friend and why they’d rather keep it as a secret. Of course being part of this society I do know why they’re doing it so, and I understand them since I’m like them too, and I can’t really deny that. She squat down without saying anything, bending her knees right onto her chest, and starts to bow down, hiding her facial. I’ve seen her cried, and what I felt that time was all sympathy – and that this time, I felt it in the second time. I sat next to her and maybe be one of her shoulder to lean on.

 

Yup, the cuter beside me was sobbing, I know she will cry at this kind of state.

 

“Just…” I don’t know what came up into my mind, but this is all I could do, “just cry it all out. I’ll be here.”

 

“For what?” Soyeon rise her head, wiping her tears off slowly,

 

 “You’ll help me? You don’t even understand.” she said abruptly.

 

If only she knows what I have been through. If only she knows what was I to her for over two years and what was my feelings towards her and getting filthy about it. If only she knows how much I had struggled to keep this love for her, then maybe she’ll understand why I’m being like this.

 

Well I couldn’t tell her that, I want it to keep secret and leave it all in the past.

 

“It’s love afterall..” I said meekly, setting my attention away from her.

 

I can sense she was staring at me – maybe because of that word I had said?

 

“Then I guess that’s it. There are people who would understand. I thought they don’t exist…”

 

“Well, ”

 

“I actually felt embarrassed about what happened earlier. We’re just too loud so you overheard it.” the cuter smiled, “but now I’m kinda thankful. Since you aren’t like others.”  and no more worries could be seen on her.

 

“Don’t be. I didn’t even do anything” I waved my hands saying no, I don’t really deserve her being thankful towards me.

 

“Jiyeon…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Can you help me?”

 

I’d be really happy if I can help her with that, so I said yes.

 

 

Its weekend and I am bothering myself of what are the things I should do for Soyeon. I knew myself that I am not the typical girl who knows what if they did these things or whatnots, will their relationship work out? I can now feel my brain cells working its own for me to help find a solution – but I guess this won’t work as I thought it would be. If only I know a little thing about Qri then maybe I can come up with a small idea of how to persuade her. Unfortunately, we’re not close and I think that will never happen.

 

I started to pull my draws and look for a pen. Maybe writing things out first before going out would help. I wrote the cuter’s name and her girlfriend’s beside – and my mind just went blank just like that. I tried to think again, thought of any situation related and things they needed to do for a better relationship. I am such dumb, I couldn’t come up with what help I can do to Soyeon.

 

Is doing this thing a right thing? I think there’s nothing wrong. Why would I be afraid of doing so? To think I don’t have more feelings towards her and helping her out is being her friend, not her admirer.

 

Her long secret admirer.

 

“Hyomin…”

 

I mentioned her name out of a sudden, and shook my head very quickly for she has nothing to do with this.

 

“I’m the reason why they’re what they are today, so I should help.”

 

I stretched my arms before resting the pen on my desk. Out of my concern, I just realize the pen I was currently using was from Soyeon. That cute bunny pen..

 

“Jeez!” I puffed my cheeks and lean my back against the chair, “those days..”

 

~~~

 

“Mom I need to go somewhere.”

 

“To where?” my mom didn’t turn her head on me, she was busy placing those pink roses in the flower vase.

 

“To see a friend. It’ll be real quick.” I responded.

 

“Dress more warmly.” my mom reminded,

 

I took on my shoes and lastly my warm scarf, which was given to someone special. I was sitting on our couch and thought of what I am going to do for the last minute. I hope I’m helpful towards her, if I can’t do anything about it then at least I should join Soyeon today about what she’s up to.

 

And I should return her bunny pen for now, it’s been awhile.

 

“I’ll get going now,” I kissed my mom’s cheeks.

 

“Take care!” and did the same thing, “Oh! One more thing.”

 

I pause and raised my brows, indicating I am waiting for her to speak.

 

“Your dad requested to send him again some tea Hyomin recommended. Could you grab some on your way?”

 

“Okay” then I smiled widely waving my hands as to say goodbye.

 

 

I’m on my way to a place where Soyeon is waiting at. She said she wanted to surprise Qri and that maybe I can help her buy stuff to include in her plan. Without doubt I nodded and even said everything will be alright. Well, they say if someone really loves you, they will never let you go – and I said that to her and that what makes her smile.

 

It’s almost 20 minutes before I came to the specific place we planned to meet. She was there, hiding her small hands inside her jacket’s pocket to likely warm it. Her big ears were visible, and I can see it turned to red. The cuter took a very deep breath; I can see some fear onto it. I should be there quickly to calm her down or to distract her to never feel it again. I am way too positive to other people that I can’t even do to myself.

 

Yeah, that’s just me.

 

“Over here!”

 

The cuter shouted as soon as she sees me. I smiled back and came closer towards her.

 

“I’m sorry I took a little while.” I giggled, feeling guilty.

 

“Not a big deal. Anyway I already told her about my alibis, and I guess she would come.” Soyeon sigh in relief, she had prepared a lot about this.

 

“That’s good then.” I retorted, “so where do we start?”

 

 

Soyeon told me about what Qri’s likes and dislikes. She loves leopard prints thingy and loves glittery things a lot. She had mentioned too that her lover loves small things, and a little surprise was included. We planned further about what more to do and better things to say. I told her to just let out things that matters a lot – that she could just say what her heart really wants to say. That way it’ll be more genuine and maybe that way I can conclude that Qri will love it, though I’m not really a hundred percent sure.

 

We bought things Soyeon wanted, and for the better. We completely had those for over a half hour, I thought it would be less than that. Now, we’re sitting together waiting for a bus for another 10 minutes. And keep on silent since I don’t know how to start a conversation with her. It is still awkward.

 

“I hope it’ll work.” she said meekly, in a weaker way.

 

“Be positive.”

 

Soyeon again smiled, I couldn’t be even more thankful seeing her smiling as I say those things. Who would have thought we’ll end up being together for a mission right now?

 

“Oh yeah before I forgot,” now I have a reason to talk to her, “I borrowed this pen a very long time ago, I’m sorry for taking it too long to return it back.”

 

“My bunny pen?” her expression was so cute, raising her eyebrows as if she was indicating something, “you don’t even need to bother return it. I have a lot of those.”

 

“Still” I grab her hand slowly and hand it back to her, “it needs to be back to the owner.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

We head back to our homes with a positive thinking. I too, do hope it’ll work out. I’ll be happy if all the doubts about their relationship will fade away, just like how strong Soyeon’s feelings towards her lover. And if that happens, I will now have a peace of mind.

 

“Again thank you,” Soyeon said cheerfully, “thank you too for the understanding. You’re such a good friend.”

 

“You’re always welcome.” I smiled warmly though it was really cold, since it started snowing again.

 

Soyeon hugged me tightly and I was a bit startled, but I did smiled in the end anyway and hug her back.

 

“Please do keep it as a secret, I trust in you.”

 

I nodded, giving her a very warm ‘fighting’ and we both end up laugh after.

 

And she took a cab after joining me to home.

 

“Please do your best,” I whispered to myself after I sigh in relief,

 

But before I start to take my steps towards our gate, I had forgotten something my mom asked me. So I slap myself mentally for forgetting such little thing.

 

“Taxi!”

 

I went home back again with somehow a relief feeling. I did even say I’ll be real quick. What reasons should I speak out now?

 

“I’m home!”

 

My mom as expected will come see me with a little question mark on her expression.

 

“I thought you meant Hyomin when you say, ‘to see a friend’?”

 

I gulped for using that word. My mom only knows Hyomin whenever I say the word friend.

 

“I had..another friend beside her?”

 

“Oh really?” and there she goes again, giving me that excite look, “what kind of friend?” and smirked.

 

“Mom!”

 

“Alright I won’t ask further,” she laughed sarcastically, “well Hyomin visited just an hour ago. I told her to just wait for you since you said you’ll be real quick.”

 

Hyomin visited here?

 

“and important matter came up so she can’t wait you any longer.” mom added.

 

“She never told me…” I was a bit disappointed to myself.

 

“Maybe she wanted to surprise you. Hyomin even brought kimchi, it was delicious.”

 

My mom was giving me two thumbs up and went back to kitchen together with the tea I had bought. Going to serve my father maybe and so to prepare some dinner.

 

I dialed Hyomin’s number but unfortunately she won’t answer it.

 

“Mom did she say something?” I asked her,

 

“Nothing much, she just told me she has something to say.”

 

Without any unnecessary thoughts, I just decided to send her some message to ask her.

 

To: Hyomin

My mom said you came here?

 

But since I felt the guilt slowly hitting me, I dialed her number again as I can’t wait for her reply. What makes me afraid is that I lied to her – I lied to her saying I will just be staying home without doing anything and never thought she would come to see me here.

 

Out of luck, I think Hyomin is really busy. She won’t pick up her phone.

 

To: Hyomin

Where are you now?

 

 I was pacing right in front of the main door. I don’t know what to do, like what should I do now? Should I just tell Hyomin I went out to see her? Or make lies again…

 

“Maybe she has something important to say?” I concluded. How dumb of me saying I’ll be staying at home for today.

 

Because of my curiosity I started to dial her number again and called, that way I can say sorry for lying. And for making her wait.

 

“Hello? Hyomin?” glad she answered my call.

 

But I couldn’t hear her voice. She won’t speak up?

 

“Hyomin I’m sorry. Something just came up; I heard you were waiting for me. What’s the matter?”

 

Silence happened for a couple of seconds. I guess she doesn’t want to talk to me?

 

“Hyomin?” I called her name again, hoping she would answer me this time.

 

But a different, scared and weak voice could be heard. And I don’t have an idea of who it was.

 

“Please….please help my daughter…”

 

~~~