Chapter 9

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*N: <<< Chapter 6 first!!

    I'll be out for a couple of weeks. :D 

   Job Hunting!!

 

 

"Oh God!" Yonghwa groaned rubbing his temple in frustration.

After an hour or two in trying to load google map in their phones, where they failed miserably, the two finally admitted that they needed help. 

Yonghwa then decided to approach the barman, who seemed to be a nice man, to ask if they could call the hotel and have them fetched in the restaurant. The man has been on the phone for a couple of minutes now and it seems that he had succeeded in making his favor accepted.

"It is on its way." The barman seemed amused at his relief face as he told him the news.

Yonghwa sighed. "Thank you. Merci monsieur."

The bar man couldn't help but laugh and he himself joined in. When the bar man suddenly stopped, he raised his head to look at him and notice the sudden change of expression.

"Monsieur, you best keep an eye on your lovely lady friend." His tone sounding dangerous and nodded his head to a direction.

Following it, he saw what he meant.

"Thank you again." He said with a serious tone and made his way back to their table.

 

While Yonghwa went and ask help from the barman, Seohyun decided to trust that he'll be able to get help while she sat there and read her book waiting for him.

Being the quiet and kind-hearted type, Seohyun sometimes does not notice how easily she becomes an unsuspecting prey to danger.

So, quietly sitting there and totally focused on her book, she fails to notice the nearing danger in the form of two dirty old-looking farts who look somewhat  seem decent in appearance sat on the empty chairs beside and then. . . well, you know the drill.

"Bonne soiree, jolie dame." (Good evening, pretty lady.) The man sporting an orange and black stripe scarf with a handle bar and a soul patch of facial hair greeted.

"Je suis Jean et cela est Pierre. Et ce peut etre votre nom?" (I am Jean and this is Pierre. And what may your name be?) The second man with the hedious combination of dali and mutton chops introduced the two of them to her.

Seohyun quickly had her defense mode on the minute she smell the nasty stench of fish floating in her presence -literally.

Ofcourse, as a part of her defense mode, she kept quiet and did not say anything. And it's not that she didn't understand what they said, it's more of, following the number one rule that you're parents have told you so many times when you were a child.

"Eh bien? Tu ne vas pas vous presenter?" (Well? Aren't you going to introduce youself?) The man named Jean, who seemed awfully comfortable in his seat asked her arrogantly.

"Je ne pas pense qu'elle comprend." (I don't think she understands.) Pierre told his friend and turned his attention back to her. "Why don't you join us for a party?"

Just as Jean was about to touch Seohyun's face, someone grabbed his hand tightly.

"I don't think you'd want to do that and I very much don't think she wants to go with you." 

Seohyun looked up and not only saw but felt the coldness instilled in Yonghwa at the moment.

"Croyez-vous que ce gars-la?" (Do you believe this guy?) Handle bar soul patch Pierre pointed at Yonghwa. "Hey, buddy. Why don't you go and find your own girl."

Yonghwa scoffed, disgusted with what the man just said. "I suggest you leave before I make my new friend Damien, call the cops and tell them that two men are harrassing my wife."

"W-wife?" Jean blurted in disbelief looking at her.

"Got a problem with that?" Yonghwa corked a brow giving the man a deadly glare.

"No. No, ofcourse." Jean swallowed hard and looked at Pierre. "Vous avez le pire choix."

Pierre looked at his friend in disbelief. "Comment suis-je suppose savoir?!"

"Yeah. I suggest you take your arguement elsewhere before I break your friend's hand."

"Oui. Yes, yes. Ofcourse, we will leave now." Pierre said and stood up before grabbing his friends hand.

"My hand, monsieur." Jean looked at Yonghwa and gave a nervous laugh.

Yonghwa gave him one last tight grip before letting go.

Even after they left the couple's table, Yonghwa didn't sit down and waited for the two get out of the restaurant first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter