Chapter 26

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything in this world is interconnected

It is not because we make it so,

its because it just is.

 

 

"Oh." Seohyun said blankly.

Yonghwa didn't know whether he should laugh at his wife's blank answer. "Oh? That's it?"

"Euhm." She nodded. "There's really nothing to say. I haven't met her personally and besides knowing that she is my sister and the mother of Haneul, there's nothing more."

"I guess you're right."

They then let the video play as they sat quietly next to each other listening to every word.

 

"What do you think?" Seohyun quietly asked leaning on Yonghwa's shoulder and holding his hand on her lap.

It's been a couple of minutes since the video message ended and Yonghwa has been silent all those while.

"Hmm?" He answered startled and confused of what was what.

Seohyun couldn't help but giggle. "You looked so confused just now. I was asking you what you thought about the video."

He gave a relaxed sigh and wrapped his arm around Seohyun. "I was thinking..."

"Go on."

"How about we have the paperworks done first thing in the morning?" He asked.

Her face scrunched up. "Paperworks? What do you mean?"

"Let's adopt her." He said surprising Seohyun off from his arms.

She got up and looked at him. "A-are you okay with that?"

"I am. Your sister left her in our care and listening to her story, it just makes me want to protect that precious little girl." Yonghwa said truthfully holding on to his wife's hands.

Seohyun didn't know she was tearing up from his words and he got up to cup her face and wipe the tears away. "I want her to grow up knowing that she had parents who loves her and cares for her and would do everything for her."

"You only met her today and you're saying all this things already?" She asked sniffing.

He chuckled. "Anybody who'd meet her will fall in love with her in less than a second."

 

"So you really mean it when you said you are going to adopt Kitty?" Soojung asked her older brother.

It was already bath time and Seohyun insisted on giving the little girl a bath before bed time while the Jung siblings sat in the living room talking about the said little girl.

"Eoh. Why? Don't tell me you don't like the idea?" He said.

"No, I do. I like it. But does that mean your going to change her family name as well?" She asked again.

"Oh." He shifted awkwardly. That part of the plan was not thought of.

"Tch. And they call you a genius businessman."

"Yah. I mean, we are adopting her and all plus Hyun and I are married... So..."

Soojung let her frustration out and smacked the guy in the head.

"I'm sure unnie is happy with the idea that you are adopting this precious little girl but while you had your plan laid out that quick, you forgot to consider the fact that aside from Seohyun-unnie, Kitty is the only family member she had who is directly related to her and is the only one holding on to the SEO family name." Soojung rapidly explained and smacked him one more time in the head. "You idiot."

He let his head drop as his younger sister's words flowed into his brain.

Genius. Freaking genius Jung Yonghwa. And to think your dongsaeng thought about it.

"Damn." He said and face palmed himself.

 

Just like what Yonghwa told Seohyun, the lawyer arrived in the morning with the necessary paper works needed for the adoption.

The lawyer discussed this and that and every chatters he needed to inform to the two of them and then presented the papers to be signed.

When it came to the putting down the name, Yonghwa took the paper from Seohyun and quickly wrote down Seo Catherine Haneul on both papers.

"What are you doing?" Seohyun asked.

"Nothing." He answered and handed the papers back to the lawyer.

"But I haven't-"

"It's okay, I wrote it down already." He said cutting her off.

"Okay then. We will have to wait for the court's decision and I still need to check with the French consulate. Everything will take around a month or two to process and even earlier than that if the French cooperate quickly." The man said.

The lawyer discussed more legal matters with the couple for over an hour before he finally left carrying the papers with him.

 

An hour later, the Seo mansion had an unexpected set of visitors. Except, noone can really say unexpected unless you have the code and are always welcome to come in and out of the mansion with or without notice to the owner.

A set of seven loud mouths came barging into the mansion an hour and a half after Seohyun laid the little girl down for her nap.

"I mean, maknae wouldn't keep secrets from us right?" Tiffany said in denial of the fact that their own maknae kept a big secret from them.

Hyoyeon scoffed. "Yah. Will you stop kidding yourself. We all keep secrets from you."

"What?!" The American girl exclaimed and looked at the other girls who avoided her glare.

"Way to go, you pabbo." Sooyoung hissed at the blonde.

Jessica pok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter