Chapter 28

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was mid afternoon when the Seo mansion got rattled by the frustrations of Seohyun.

"That's it. I give up." Seohyun frustratingly declared lying back down on the bed.

Yonghwa followed behind trying not to laugh or chuckle to avoid being the target of her frustration.

"Love, just relax. If its time, its time." He said casually.

That earned him a pillow to the face and a death glare from his wife. Things he never expected coming from his wife.

"Why don't you try carrying this two for thirty eight weeks and we'll see if you won't get frustrated like me." She said and sighed.

Yonghwa just kept quiet and waited for what's going to happen next.

She slumped her shoulders and leaned on the headrest.

"I mean, I love these two already but I just can't help myself worrying with the fact that there must be something wrong or something is about to go wrong because of their delay. I know I shouldn't worry for all our sakes but I just can't help it." Seohyun confessed her troubles.

Yonghwa sat at the edge of the bed and slipped his hand to hold her by the waist while the other held hers.

"Love, be a little more patient. I'm sure, maybe sometime today or later, the twins will decide to come out already." He said. "And you're right. You shouldn't worry because I know that nothing bad is going to happen to our babies. I promise you that."

He then kept saying more soothing words until he managed to make her laugh.

"See, that's more like it. That's my Joohyun." Yonghwa proudly said. "Now, how about I go and get you something to eat?"

"'kay." She answered and watched him walk out the door.

 

While preparing some snacks for him and Seohyun, Yonghwa literally squeaked when his wife sneaked up on him and almost dropped the glass of orange juice.

"What are you doing here? I did say I'll bring the snack up to the room right?" He asked her.

Seohyun used the door framed to steady herself.

"I-it's time." She said wincing while holding on to her belly.

Yonghwa thought his wife was tripping on him again. "Joohyun-ah, it's not funny if you joke around like that. I mean I get the concept of you being pregnant and joking like that bu-"

"Oppa!" Seohyun yelled at the top of her lungs scaring him. "IT. IS. TIME."

That's when Yonghwa put the glass of juice down and ran to her side.

"It's time. It's time. It's time." He blurted out panicking like an idiot.

"JOON-HYUNG!" He screamed and the butler instantly appeared to his side.

"Is it time?" Joon asked looking a little panic striken as well, seeing how Seohyun's expression was.

"Yeah. Get the car ready and we'll meet you there in a minute." Yonghwa told him.

 

They got to the hospital as fast as they could. Yonghwa texted Soojung to tell everyone and had her pick-up Haneul from her ballet class.

Seohyun is having her ultrasound for the doctor to check if it's safe to have the kids naturally or through c-section. The doctor came out later and told Yonghwa that it was safe to have the babies naturally since both of them were in good positions and that Seohyun had it plan to have them naturally anyway.

"Are you sure?" Yonghwa asked her a minute later. "I mean, how about taking some epidural or something."

Seohyun nodded. "Please."

A few minutes after the administering of her anesthesia, the doors to their room started bursting open as their family came in.

"Hi, sweetie." Mr. Jung said to Seohyun giving her a hug.

Mrs. Jung did the same and asked, "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, omoni." She answered.

They talked a bit more and by the time the anesthesia was starting to take over, the ten girls came simultaneously -nine and a half considering one of them is a child.

"Umma." Haneul called her and climbed on the bed.

"How are you, kitten." Seohyun asked kissing her forehead and tiny lips.

"Sangsaenim thought us how to do more bawwet dancwes." She said excitedly.

Seohyun smiled amused at how the girl can talk to her in two languages. "Really? Will you show mommy later?"

"Eung! I will show twinsies as well." She said and hugged her belly.

"I still feel so offended that you had her taking ballet with some random instructor when she has me to teach her something better." Hyoyeon said hugging Seohyun.

"Tch. What? She's a little lady and she needs to learn more lady like dances." Tiffany contradicted.

The rest of them argued while Seohyun ignored them letting the anesthesia take effect.

 

"Keep it down, will you." Yonghwa said stopping them. "They're asleep."

"What?" Jessica peeked and indeed saw Seohyun sleeping same goes for the little Haneul who had her head on Seohyun's chest.

Tiffany carefully lifted up Haneul from Seohyun's chest and carried the little girl.

Yonghwa originally intended his parents to take the little for the night but since the old couple were bound on a flight to Japan for business, he had the others to ask.

"Will it be okay if you take her for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter