Chapter 8

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I like this." Yonghwa said as he intertwined their fingers and walked around the yard.

Seohyun looked at him and saw the genuine smile plastered on his face. 

"What?" She asked softly.

Yonghwa looked at her and smiled. "You and me taking morning walks like this."

She felt her heart flutter. Looking away to hide her pinkish face, she mumbled, "I like it too."

A soft cool breeze blew towards them and Seohyun's free arm, had itself wrapped on her free body. Yonghwa saw this and maneuvered their intertwined arms so that he was hugging her from the back.

"You're so cute when you blush." He chuckled seeing how she frozed and her face flushed.

Her pink face turned bright red and she whined trying to hide it but Yonghwa wouldn't have it.

 

They returned to their room a little later and got ready. Yonghwa left Seohyun in their room and went out to help cook the breakfast.

During breakfast, Yonghwa and Seohyun found out how Ancil, who owns a magnificent chateau, is working on the side as a chauffeur. It turns out that the man owned a vineyard located just over the boarder. He had it managed by one of their children and since he loved driving as much as he loved his wife, he found a way to make business out of it. The twist is, most of the money he gets from driving goes to charity. They even figured out that Ancil actually understood their conversation in the car, especially about Seohyun's doubts. The young bride blushed and said her apologies but Ancil told her it was okay since they were strangers then.

They said their goodbyes to the lady of the house a while later and promised to return and visit her before they fly back home.

 

"You've got a great family monsieur." Seohyun complimented randomly while they were on their way back to the hotel.

Yonghwa and Ancil, who are quietly enjoying the music got caught off guard and was surprised at the quiet girl's compliment. Ancil recovered quickly and smiled at her through the rear view mirror.

"Thank you aga-ssi." He replied. "I hope you and monsieur Yonghwa also get blessed with many many children."

Seohyun blushed and Yonghwa chuckled. 

"Did I say wrong?" Ancil asked.

"No. Uhm, thank you for your blessing. But," Yonghwa said and side glanced at Seohyun, "I want to have her alone to myself for a little longer." 

"Ahh~. Very greedy monsieur." Ancil said and the two of them laughed together.

Why did I have to say that? She covered her eyes and shook her head as the two continued to laugh.

The next few days passed by quickly without them noticing and before they knew, the week was over.

Their honeymoon is actually set for three weeks but their hotel arrangements and other destinations were planned by their family. Yonghwa asked Ancil to continue to drive them but the old man refused and told them to treasure the time they have left during their honeymoon together.

 

With an arranged private car, they headed of to their next destination. From their previous hotel to the next one, their drive would last for about five hours. 

During their first week in France, Yonghwa managed to ease Seohyun up, unfolding a more relaxed and care-free side. And now, sitting along side her, she had somehow adjusted to his skinship affections, allowing him to hug her whenever he feels like it, hold her hand freely -she even holds on tighter, and like now, she voluntarily uses his shoulder as her pillow.

"Hyun-ah~." He poked her cheek trying to wake her up.

"Hmm?" She responded but he didn't know if she is awake or not.

"We're close." He said and kept poking at her cheek. "Look. The scene is so nice."

"Eoh?" She answered again but this time she slowly straightened herself up and stretched her arms out.

"Are we there yet?" She asked groggily.

"Not yet. Look out the mirror." He told her poiting to their left side.

With one eye barely open, she turned and saw what he was pointing at. 

 

 

 

"Eoh! It looks so much like a castle." She said with eyes fully open. "It feels like we're going back to the medieval era."

Yonghwa, amused with his wife's imagination, leaned over her and slowly opened the window. 

"Oppa!" Seohyun panicked, practically smacking him b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter