Chapter 19

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Letter 1: To be read a day after burial.

My precious Joohyun,

               My beautiful precious child. It's been so long that I've endured this pain and I wished for nothing but to end it. I know as selfish as this may sound that I had should have at least told you about the sudden changes on my diagnosis but I just could not take the thought of you having to spend my last days with you having to hover around me worrying that I might die the next day.

               Haraboji is just too selfish. I wanted to be greedy one last time and spend my last days seeing your beautiful smile and seeing you laugh.

               Thankfully, my greed and wish was fulfilled by your loving sisters and husband. And about Yonghwa, I know I had to force you into this arranged marriage and I truly felt that I betrayed your love for me by doing so. But, seeing the two of you after coming back from your honeymoon. It felt like Ihave made the right choice and when I saw you holding his hand and even kissing him. I am so glad that fate had led you to him.

               Now, for the next letters, I want you to be patient and open them one by one following the dates.

               I love you my precious Joohyun. Be sad, be angry, but never forget to smile brightly and laugh like the world is laughing with you.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Haraboji.

 

Yonghwa wiped the tears from her face.

Like it said, it's been a day since the burial of Mr. Seo. The couple sat together in the backyard reading the first letter. At first, Yonghwa wanted to leave her to it but Seohyun asked him to stay and read it with her.

"Come on." Yonghwa stood up pulling her with him. "Mama's been waving at us. I guess it's time for dinner."

Seohyun whined but Yonghwa was not having it.

"Hyun, you've lost weight in a matter of a week and I really don't like it. You also ate so little this breakfast." Yonghwa said. "Now, come on. I know mama's cooked you your favorite food."

"But I'm not hungry." Seohyun muttered.

"Please, love. I don't want the girl beating me up over this matter. Mama will surely have my head if you don't eat." Yonghwa pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead. "Don't tell me you to see your husband headless?"

Seohyun giggled and pinched his cheek. "Choding."

"There she is." He smiled. "Let's go and feed you."

 

A month passed since her grandfather passed away and Seohyun's been doing better. After reading the letter, Seohyun realized that her grandfather would be disappointed if he saw how she's been acting like a child and she would have surely been scolded by him if he was right next to her. And the girls would have done the same and could have guilt tripped her if they got desperate.

She even started going to the office regularly to oversee the business and help Yonghwa run it.

Now, just like one of their gatherings, Seohyun sat next to the girls waiting for Jessica to finish her call so that they could all have their dinner.

"So, who was that?" Sooyoung asked in a knowing tone.

"Was it one of your guy flings - I mean 'friends'?" Hyoyeon added.

Jessica just rolled her eyes. "First of all, ew. I do not do flings, only dates. And that was Soojungie. She-"

"Soojung called you?" Seohyun asked cutting in.

"Ooohh. Baby's jealous." Sunny said smiling.

"Aw." Jessica cooed and cupped Seohyun's face. "Don't be jealous, honey. You're still our baby and Soojung has her own group of friends anyway." She added, baby talking Seohyun.

"I'm not a baby, unnie." She whined only to be glared at by Sunny.

She started to drink a glass of water when Yuri asked. "Speaking of baby. When will we see yours?"

She choked a little and started coughing earning the black pearl a bunch of scolding.

"What? I didn't know she was drinking, I was looking at the menu." She reasoned and looked at Seohyun. "Mianhae Joohyun-ah. I didn't intend that."

Seohyun waved her hand to the girl. "It's okay, unnie. I know you didn't."

"But seriously, do you two even think about it?" Yoona asked.

She looked around and saw eight pair of excited and curious eyes. She blushed a little thinking a proper way to answer the question where it wouldn't lead them next to asking questions about her life.

"W-well, I." Seohyun stuttered then inhaled deeply before looking at them. "We didn't really talk about it but both of us do want to have kids. Just, not at the moment."

"Aw~. But I really want to see another little Seohyun running around." Hyoyeon said a little disappointed.

Tiffany smacked her playfully. "Yah. You sound like one of those mothers disappointed to hear those words from her child."

The girls all laughed. Seohyun said thanked God mentally.

One of them had the order taken and they all talked about random stuffs for a couple of minutes until the food came.

"Anyway, what about Soojung, unnie?" Seohyun asked almost forgetting about the girl.

"Oh, yeah. Uhm, she said she can't come. It her first day and dysmenorrhea's being a big B on her." Jessica answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter