Chapter 11

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fast forward to a week and a couple of days later and some hours of air travel, the honeymooners have landed on Incheon Airport taking their luggage and waiting for their ride to arrive.

Yonghwa sat in the waiting area while Seohyun insisted to get them coffee in a nearby cafe shop. Nearly to the brink of boredom, he received a call from one familiar number that he really didn't want to answer but if he didn't he knew that this person and her other friends will pester him. Without any choice and a deep sigh, he stood up and went to a nearby corner.

"YONG-SEOBANG!!!" The familiar loud chorus of eight weird and crazy girls followed by the laughter of their ajhumma leader greeted his now broken ear drum.

He held the phone away from his ear and waited for them to settle down before talking.

"Ah~! Migraine!" Migraine! Migraine! He said to his pitiful self.

"Yah! Aren't you going to answer anything?" He heard Sooyoung scream. Even with the volume on one, her voice is still so loud.

Taking the phone close to his ear, "One at a time. You girls seriously know how to torture me, don't you?"

"Torture?" Taeyeon repeated. "Oh, we're not torturing you. We're just showing you deep love. Kekeke"

Yeah, right. He was sure the kid leader, along with her minions, are laughing at him.

"So?" He tried not to sound annoyed.

"Oh, right! So how was the flight?" Taeyeon asked.

How was the flight?! Are you kidding me?! He wanted to yell at them but he did his best to control himself.

"Okay, I guess. We slept most of the time." He answered.

He heard them arguing before someone finally took over.

"Okay, that was the lamest question ever." Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly. "So, how's my baby?"

Hyoyeon, out of the girls was the one he really liked when it comes to talking. She might intimidate him most of the time but when they start talking about Seohyun, she turns into this weird overly dotting mother-figure.

"Thank God!" He sighed out loud.

"Thank God? Yah, I'm asking you about my-"

"Our!" Someone - Jessica - screamed in the background.

"Our Seohyunnie." Hyoyeon asked.

"Before I answer you, will you atleast tell me that you're taking over the phone throughout the whole call?" It wasn't a question but more of a plea.

"Fine. Fine. This girls are to lame in asking questions anyway." She said and surely another round of disagreement and arguement was heard. "So how's my- our maknae?"

"She's great." He said and was glad to finally see his wife walking towards him with two take-out cups of coffee.

 

He covered the speaker as she came and handed him his coffee.

"Was it far?" He asked sounding a little sorry.

Seohyun shook her head. "Is it an important call?"

He shrugged. "Not really." He said and took a sip.

"Be careful! It's hot." She warned him.

Yonghwa's face flinched when his lips met the hot liquid. He looked at her and was about to ask why when she beat him to it.

"I'm not getting you ice coffee." She said with a stern voice.

"But. . . Why?" He felt like a kid grounded by his mom.

"You've been having too much of it and that's bad for you." She answered and smiled before leaving him to his phone call.

He looked at the coffee and sighed.

I'll just wait for it too cool down a little then.

 

"I'm back. So what's the next question?" He asked as soon as he got the phone back to his ear.

"Yah! Do you want me to handle the phone or do you want me to pass it to Fany?!" Hyoyeon screamed.

Crap! Please no! He panicked. The last time he had a call from Tiffany, the girl almost broke his eardrum and that was just her.

"I'm sorry. I was just talking to Joohyun." He grimaced.

"Hyunnie?! Give the phone to her then!" She exclaimed.

Not happening. He smirked.

"Can't she just went to the comfort room." He grinned. "So what was the next?"

"Did you guys actually went shopping for our souvenirs? And please don't tell me you guys didn't just spend your honeymoon on buying two big freaking boxes of books."

If he was talking to the girl face to face, he would surely laugh at her expression by now.

"Yes, we bought all of you souveinkirs. And I'm guessing you girls already opened those two packages?" He said with a sigh.

"Three questions down. What's next?" He added.

He heard some snickers and giggles before Hyoyeon finally asked her a the forth question. "How is she?"

His brows creased. "You asked me that already and I said she's great. She's doing fine, no injuries, no whatever."

Groans and moans chorused in his ears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter