Chapter 4

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Seohyun went to check her messages, Yonghwa went to grab the bottle of red wine from the bucket to refill his glass. Pouring some and putting the bottle back in the bucket, he noticed how light it felt so he took it back out and looked at it. 

How? He asked himself looking at the bottle. The bottle was almost half empty and he'd just filled his second, that's when he noticed the sudden change in his new wife.

Guess you must be more nervous than I am.  He thought and just kept watching her.

 

After tucking her in, he went to grab the pillow on the other side and the bed runner to use as a blanket.

"What are you doing?" Seohyun asked him while he grabbed the runner.

He didn't answer but he looked up and gave her a smile before walking towards the daybed. He did stop again and turned towards the night table to turn the light off. 

"What are you do~hic~ing?" She asked again this time tugging on his sleeve.

She didn't hide the annoyance in ver voice and expression. Of all the things she disliked, she really didn't like having to ask questions twice  or repeating herself. 

"I'm just going to turn the light off." He answered sounding like an idiot.

"Aniyo~." She shook her head when he answered differently.

"Pillow. Blan~hic~ket." She indicated and pointed his sides where the two things were held.

"Oh. I'm sleeping on the daybed." He answered pointed behind him.

"Wae~yo?" She was being all cutesy and doing it without knowledge.

Yonghwa had to bite his lower lip to keep his mouth closed. Something about her action and unconscious cuteness had him wanting to come close and obey her every whim. He felt so endangared that he to take a step back away from her. 

"Waeyo~." She asked this time sounding offended when he backed out, trying to pull him closer with his sleeve.

"N-nothing.  Are you sure you're okay with me sleeping next to you?" He let het pull him close.

"Neh."

"Are you sure?"

"Neh." She answered again with a solemn expression.

"O-okay." He said hesitating.

He then looked at her and started going to the other side and placed the pillow back. He slipped himself in the covers but made sure to stay in the very ends of his side of the bed. Then, looking at his side, he saw her shift herself into fetal position.

"Goodnight." She mumbled with closed eyes.

"Goodnight." He said and smiled.

 

Still half asleep, Seohyun opened her eyes midway. With a rush of pain hitting her head at once, she groaned and snugged closer to her pillow trying to rub off the pain. Her pillow was so warm and snuggly that she just wanted to lay on it and sleep all day long. She kept sighing out words like 'so warm' and kept rubbing her face on her pillow.

Yonghwa had been awake for the past ten minutes already and as much as he wanted to get out of the bed to order breakfast for the both of them, he couldn't because his wife was still fast asleep and very much enjoying her pillow. Being considerate aside, he can't help but enjoy the sight of her sleeping. The sight of her peacefully sleeping is just so precious that he couldn't find it in himself to wake up the angel in his arms. He was practically a smiling fool just by looking at her.

The alarm on his phone started to ring but he was quicker to turn it off before Seohyun woke up from it. Looking back at her to make sure, she was still fast asleep and still mumbling incoherent words. That's when his inner choding came out and thought of a great idea. Still holding to his phone, he opened the video app and aimed the lens on her face before pressing record.

His timing was great because she actually started mumbling words that made sense.

"haraboji...eunggg~" Seohyun even whined in her sleep. 

Yonghwa had to cover his mouth to stop his snickers from coming out. Wah... I never imagined that you can actually be like this. I guess I need to get to know you more.

"Yong... hwa... opp~..."  

She was cut off when a knock from the door made her squirm causing Yonghwa to panic and stop the video.

They were still in the same position when Seohyun groaned and rubbed her temple with her index and middle finger. She slowly opened her eyes when she heard another set of knocks on the door.

Yonghwa was panicking more and more thinking how Seohyun would react when she see's him too close to her so he made the first move of quickly getting of the bed and going directly to the door before she opened her eyes fully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter