Chapter 24

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They have only cover a quarter of the distance to the mansion and little girl kept whining and crying for a couple more minutes when a frustrated Yoona finally decided to stop the car. She turned and looked at a semi-scared Seohyun watching the girl and trying to reach out her hand to her.

"Hug her for a minute and she'll stop." Yoona said sympathetically.

Seohyun turned to look at her. "I-I don't know how."

"Sweetie, it's just hugging a little girl. What difference is it with hugging your unnies?" Yoona said a little amused.

Seohyun gritted her teeth and said, "I-I could break her?"

"What?" Yoona blurted in disbelief then they both covered their ears when the girl screamed bloody murder.

"Argghh! Maknae-ah, please just hug her for a minute. I can't drive like this." She groaned shaking the sound out of her head.

"A-arasso." She said and hesitatingly removed her belt and the little girls before meeting the girl half way for a hug.

The girl still sniffled and sobbed even when Seohyun hugged and rubbed her back.

"Maman angry with Cat-cat?" Catherine asked.

Seohyun didn't know what to answer and glanced at Yoona for help.

The older girl shrugged. "You're the expert with French. You handle it."

"Bu-" She stopped when she felt like the little girl was about to wail.

"Hush. Hush. Hush. It's okay. It's okay. Don't cry." She panicked and rubbed the child's back soothingly preventing her from wailing again. "M-maman is not angry. Hush. It's okay."

A couple more minutes of hushing and she felt her body went limp. Yoona got out of the car and opened Catherine's side of the door and took her telling Seohyun to strap herself in before she laid the girl down on the seat and strapped the little girl in as well. She gently closed the door making sure that the girl won't wake up the moment it made a sound.

 

When they arrived at the mansion, Yoona told had Joon and Yoo take the little girl's luggages from her trunk to the new room. Yoona handed the room key to Joon and let them go ahead while she took carried the little girl all the way to Seohyun and Yonghwa's old room.

Seohyun felt a little out of place when Yoona told her to go to her studies to wait for her. It was her home and yet she felt a like she just barged into someone else's house. She stopped for a minute when she realized what she was thinking.

Hormones. She mentally groaned walking to the end of the hallway.

Yoona followed a few minutes later closing the door behind her.

"And here is the forth letter. It's actually a video letter so let's have the laptop opened for a moment." Yoona said handing her an envelope.

Seohyun looked even more confused. "How did you get it?"

"Oh. Uhm, the forth letter strapped into the box was a decoy. This is the real one." She answered.

She was about to ask if her unnie knew about the contents when Yoona told her to be quiet and watch it before she answer any of her questions.

She inserted the disc and it started playing a few seconds later.

 

"Please my little one, let maman finish this first before we play?" A voice greeted from the video.

When the video cleared, it showed a woman who shockingly looked a lot like Seohyun who seemed to be at least a few years older than her.

"Do it fast maman. Palli-palli!" The girl said giggling squirming off from her mother's arms and going somewhere out of the camera's view.

The woman sighed happily watching the bubbly little child run around. A couple more seconds passed but the woman just kept looking away from camera with a smile but sad looking eyes.

"Why does she look like that?" Yoona asked the same thing Seohyun was thinking.

Seohyun shrugged and kept her focus on the video.

It was a minute later when the woman returned her attention back to the camera.

"Hello." She started of with a wave and a smile. "This might seem quiet an awkward way to send a message but I find it more convenient not just for me but also for you my dearest dongsaeng."

 

Yoona paused the video and face Seohyun. "You did swear you don't have a sister right?"

"E-eoh. For all I know, I grew up alone in the care of my nannies." She answered also confused.

Yoona nodded her head. "Uhuh. Yeah, I think we should just watch to the finish first before asking questions."

"No, wait." Seohyun stopped her before she could press play. "You mean you didn't know about it?"

"Yeah. Haraboji just told me to watch it with you and not before you did." She answered.

Seohyun nodded and Yoona pressed play.

 

Catherine's mother sighed. "First of all, I should introduce myself. I would do it personally but there are sure to be too many questions and we really don't have that much time. So again, hello my dearest Joohyun, my name is Seo Yeojin your older sister by four years."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter