Chapter 22

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

<< Back up to Chapter 19 first, boo.

 

Mama Wang handed Yonghwa a big bag filled with at least eight or ten boxes of dosirak piled up on top of a bento box before he left the house. Yonghwa had forgotten to tell Mrs. Wang about what had happened before he ran to the shower and started packing some clothes for him and Seohyun but he knew that the old lady must have heard of the news through butler Joon.

"Call me when she wakes up." Mama pleaded holding his hand with her own shaky hands.

Yonghwa gave her a comforting and grateful smile. "I will. Thank you, ma."

And with that, he left the house carrying a big traveling bag filled with clothes and another bigger bag filled with container of food.

Yonghwa arrived at the hospital a little over thirty minutes later and with the help of the hospital security, he and butler Joon were able to sneak in through the back door of the hospital without trouble from the media.

Yonghwa checked his watch and in total, he has left his wife in the care of her sisters for a total of two hours and twenty eight minutes. He doesn't know how he knew the exact amount of time, he just did. And since none of the girls called, it meant that his Seohyun hasn't woken up yet. Though it wasn't a good situation, he still felt grateful with the idea that he will be there when she wakes up.

They were close to the room when Joon stopped him.

"What are you doing?" He asked a little annoyed.

The man had a finger on his lips motioning him to keep quiet and pulling him to stick to the wall. "Some of the media people had somehow entered the vicinity."

"Damn!" Yonghwa hissed. "Did any of them get in?"

"No, sir. It seems Taeyeon's big burly MMA boyfriend is taking charge of guarding the door along with one of the hospital's security." He answered.

"Can you distract them while I make a run for it?" Yonghwa asked him.

Joon shrugged. "So long as you allow me to do as please to distract them."

"Just give me the bag and go." He grumbled and hooked the bag of clothes as Joon stepped out off hiding.

Joon acted angry stomping towards the media people and pointing at the empty hallway behind them. "JUNG YONGHWA!" He yelled and started chasing nothing. Lucky he was that these clump of idiots ran after him.

Inho quickly knocked three times and the door opened allowing Yonghwa and the burly man to enter.

 

"God. Joon can be such a genius and be funny at the same time!" Taeyeon said laughing her head off seeing how the foolish butler managed to delude the group of reporters and paparazzis.

Yonghwa laughed a little and looked to see who was left behind with her. There was Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Sooyoung on one side, while on the corner of the room, there sat his beloved annoying little sister with her boyfriend and his new sandbag.

"What is he doing here?" He asked looking at Soojung.

Soojung glared at him with the same intensity as he had on her. "He has as much right as the unnies do to stay for my unnie." She answered firmly.

"I don't care. I want him out." He snarled.

Minhyuk turned to look at him with solemn eyes. "No. I am not leaving here until I get to talk to Seohyun. It doesn't matter to me if you don't accept my apology. It only matters if she does because she is my friend and one I cherish most."

Yonghwa gave him a measuring stare before scowling. From his eyes, he knew this Minhyuk guy wasn't lying. He scowled and turned towards Seohyun. He saw a sudden spike in the heart monitor and sure enough, Seohyun stirred away starting to panic again.

The others ran towards the room as well but Hyoyeon blocked them shaking her head. "Let him do this."

She closed the door as the others stood by watching what was happening inside.

 

"No, no, no." Seohyun mumbled.

She woke up a minute ago and saw that she was in the hospital letting her remember what had just happened earlier the day. Her heart started racing and she panicked remembering the pain in her abdomen.

Tears swelled up and fell on her cheeks thinking that she might have lost her baby. "H-help." She croaked and then saw Yonghwa running towards her.

"O-oppa. T-the... the baby. My baby..." She mumbled as he hugged him.

"It's okay. It's okay. Don't cry. The babies are fine. They are fine." He answered her soothingly with half the truth and half the lie.

Seohyun looked at to his face. "Babies?"

He chuckled and kissed her fully on the lips. "Yes, love. Babies. We're having twins."

She laughed putting her hands on her bump and rubbing it. "Twins." She said and more tears fell on her face.

"Don't cry, love. It's okay. Don't worry. We will manage to take care of them." Yonghwa begged not wanting her to feel stressed or discomfort knowing that it could harm the baby. He wanted to wait a little while later before telling her about it.

She shook her head. "I'm not worried, oppa." Seohyun answered taking on of his hand and putting it on the bump. "I'm really happy. Twice the blessing." She said.

"Twice the blessing." Yonghwa repeated looking at her with all his heart.

Seohyun caress his cheek and he dipped down so that their lips could meet.

*Click. Click. Click.

The sound of the camera ruined a perfect moment.

"I forgot your annoying sisters were here." He muttered to her lips.

Seohyun chuckled and said, "Ah. But we're not talking about those sisters. We're talking about our sister Soojungie." She laughed titling his head to see his sister holding a camera capturing their moments.

"Hi!" Soojung said and quickly replaced the memory card before Yonghwa could take the camera from her.

The two squabbled and the crowd watching them laughed at their craziness.

"As funny as this is, I think we need to get some food into maknae-umma over here." Sooyoung said then added, "Plus, I'm also really hungry."

They laughed again. Seohyun stopped when a familiar tone rang on her ear, she tilted her head a little and there she saw the familiar face of that someone she had cherished as a friend and brother years ago. "M-Minhyukie?"

Yonghwa made fists and wanted to smash the guys face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter