Chapter 6

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Like Ancil said, the cafe was ten minutes away. At first, the two confused the place as a vintage looking bookstore like the ones in Harry Potter, but when Ancil pulled them inside, they were greeted by the wonderful smell of Parisian brewed coffee.

"Hah. Do you like it?" Ancil asked with a bright smile directed to Seohyun.

Seohyun was busy turning her head looking around the room filled with books. It felt like she was in knowledge paradise and Yonghwa had to poke her in the cheek to bring her back to reality.

"Ancil asked if you like it." He repeated the old man's question.

"Oui monsieur Ancil. I like it very much." Seohyun answered sincerely smiling at the old man for the first time.

Seohyun was still in awe and that she remained standing by the doorway while the two were already on their way to the table. 

"Ah~. Such beauty. You monsieur are a lucky man." Ancil commented as they sat down on.

"I am. I really am. Thank you." Yonghwa answered as he stared at his awe struck bride.

"Well? Are you to live her standing there?" The old man chided.

"Oh. Give me a minute." He said and jogged towards Seohyun.

Books. What to read? . . She was already scanning which area to hit first.

"Seohyun~ah. Why don't we get something to eat first?" Yonghwa said waking her from her thought.

"Uhm. . . I~" She didn't really answer instead she pointed towards the bookshelves and looked at him with the puppy eyes.

And I'm guessing this is what Hyoyeon was talking about. Yonghwa said thinking about the warning his sister-in-law told him after the engagement party and reminded him before the wedding.

"O-okay. I'll order for you but you have to be there when the food arrives." Yonghwa said a little fazed by the sudden display of conscious cuteness.

She nodded and gave an excited smile before moving towards the shelves to look for a book she wants to read.

He shook his head. Oh boy. He thought and went back to their table.

"Your wife looks like she is having fun. And you look very happy. But. . ."  Ancil gave him an that look.

"But?" Yonghwa looked at the man strangely.

"How do American people say it. . . Uh, that's right. You are whipped." The oldman said and the both of them laughed.

 

 

Seohyun was in between the Philosophy and Travel Guide section and was busy arguing with herself which of the two books she should read first to even bother to notice someone standing a few feet away from her.

"Bonjour." The man said startling her.

She looked up and saw a strange looking man who was wearing this strange combination of clothings. Looking at his face, she was greeted with an amused expression.

"I apologize." The man said with thick French accent. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Anselme Pierre."

Seohyun politely nodded and smiled before turning to return one of the books in the shelve before leaving.

"Now, I am no stranger. We shall go now." He said and grabbed Seohyun by the wrist pulling her away.

Seohyun frozed in shock and just let herself get dragged but managed to turn her head to where Yonghwa was seated and call for him.

"Oppa."

 

Both men were seated with their backs to the door and Yonghwa was telling Ancil the story of how he first meet Seohyun when he heard the faint sound of someone who sounded like his wife.

"What is the matter?" Ancil asked after Yonghwa stopped midway telling his story.

He turned to his head and saw his wife being dragged by someone. 

"Hey! Let go of her!" He ran and punched the guy down before taking a hold of Seohyun.

Ancil was quick to follow to his side and hold down the guy before he could even stand up.

The cafe staffs were quick to attend to them and one of the lady waiters recognized the man. She then told one of her co-workers to call the police and then told Ancil who the man was.

"Are you okay?" He said her hair.

Seohyun sighed in relief and let her head rest on his chest.

The police got to the cafe in ten minutes and arrested the creeper. The staff apologized for the incident and said that their order was on the house. Yonghwa told them not to apologize since the incident wasn't their fault. He almost said to make their order a take out but Seohyun pulled him towards their table.

Once seated, Ancil a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter