Epilogue II

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Smart." The bald man sat comfortable across her. "Putting yourself in a crowd. Good idea. Seems like my-"

She cut him off before he could finish. "I'm tired. So why don't we finish this and just tell me what it is that you want from me?"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Why don't we take some time to get to know each others first? Hmm? Some father-daughter bonding?" He said with a smile.

Seating across this man and looking at him face to face, it made her stomach rumble and sick. Seeing him and with that smile, she knew she had bait him more to get his intentions out and for the plan to proceed. In terms of biology, he may have fathered her but he will never be her father. She knows that now and she made a mistake thinking he was just misunderstood. 

 

Two days ago, on her way to pick up HanKyung from his school, she felt somewhat relaxed. Forgetting the fact that she had a stalker and going about merrily thinking of spending half a day with her youngest brother made her happy. The kid was her favorite among the three young Jungs and she was keen on hiding it. 

Reaching his school, she spotted him waiting outside.

"Hankyungie~! Noona's here!" She waved and yelled and soon the kid spotted her and waved back. 

Taking his backpack and holding his hand, "Do you want to go to Sunny-imo's dessert place first?"

"Eung." The kid's meak reply made her sigh.

"You need to speak more you know. Kids your age are usually talkative. Trust me, I-" She stopped and Hankyung almost fell forward.

In front of her and her brother, just a few meters away from them, appeared what she had momentarily forgotten. So far, her supposedly great day crumbled at the sight of him.

"W-what do you want?" She asked and scolded herself mentally for slurring.

The man simply smiled and said. "You seem to adore that little boy."

Pushing Hankyung behind her, she kept his eyes on him as she brought her phone out and pressed one for speed dial. 

Looking at her phone, he smirked. "Maybe some other time."

It was all he said before leaving them both.

 

She smirked. "From what I understood, a father-daughter bonding only works if such relationship does exist between two people. You and I? We share no such relationship. None at all."

"So young for such a spiteful tongue." She scoffed and he continued. "Is this what your mother teach you in that household? I should've known better than to be deceived from lying tongues who have told me that she is dead."

"Oh, but she is." She said coldly. "The woman you saw is not who she seems. And as for the matter of my upbringing, you have no say for the matter at all. Enough of this. I'm came here with the intent of figuring out what is it you want. Nothing more, nothing less."

Leaning back, he studied her as she took a sip of her coffee. "Hmm. Alright. You want to know what I want? Money. I want money. Heard your mother's new husband has lots and seems fair for her to give me some for giving her a child. One of beauty such as yours."

"I wonder. Is your head as thick as a pig's fat or are you far too old and senile to understand what I just had said?" She didn't know where her behaviour is coming from but she doesn't want to end it too soon.

The man felt outraged. "How dare you?!" He sprang up catching the attention of other customers. He glared at her and she challenged his.

Ignoring everyone else, he sat back down. 

"Seeing as you are so insistent, we'll go with your words." He said calmly and smile.

She smiled. "Glad you so willingly admit."

Her comment with that smile was a slap and he almost broke the coffee cup for it. 

"As for what you want, I can not give. My family is my fortune and wealth. I am, as they say, as rich as the next poor man." She watched from the lining of her cup as he snarled. "But then again. Why would a man like you need money? With all your recent wealth, I mean."

"Interesting. And what do you know of this so called wealth of mine?" He asked.

Finishing her coffee, she placed the cup aside and crossed her arms. "It's not rocket science. You surf the internet enough and you see a lot of things."

A pregnant silence took over for a while as the two observe each others feature. 

Sighing, she got up and started to leave. 

"We're not done here." 

"You have your answers, I have mine. As far as - ah. There is one thing I'm curious about." Her face kept cool and unfeeling. "How does a man like you manage to escape from one nation to another when your face is all over the media and with the use of the banknotes you've stolen I mean?"

He shrugged and motioned for her to sit back down. "If you wish for an answer then you must sit. A few more minutes won't hurt anyone."

She sighed and sat back down. "I guess old men take more time to replenish their energy."

The man cocked a brow.

"Nevermind. I've sat down. Answer my question." 

"Your a pricky little girl, aren't you?" He retorted.

Keeping a poker face, she made another attempt getting up and he once again stopped her.

"Kept the money in a locker in Mont Saint. Used cold cash from the heist in Tours." He openly confessed to her. 

Got'cha. 

With that, four undercover agents surrounded their table. One of them extracted Haneul while the three grabbed the man arresting him and read his miranda rights. Customers were confused and buffled taking pictures while they left the vicinity.

 

Adrien Berger, the infamous bank robber who in current investigation, had committed two known bank heist in Tours and Nantes France was nabbed and arrested here in the city of Seoul earlier today. In an interview with the head of the operations, he said that for his arrest, the Interpol with the help of the National Investigation Services and Seoul PD had conducted an undercover operations where they had to placed an agent as bait for his successful arrest but otherwise is said from interviews conducted from the customers and staff of the cafe where the arrest took event. 

According to Mr. Kim, the head barrista of the cafe, the so called agent wasn't an agent at all but a mere teenager about to enroll in her last year of senior highschool. Although unknown to how he had this information, he further added that the girl was indeed used as bait but not for the reasons where the Intel Organizations have posted it to be. In fact, she was said to have volunteered for the part as bait for the main reason that this girl is said to be in blood relations with the man...

 

The report went on and before she could hear it finish, the tv turned off and Tiffany, with a raging feel to her cold front, stood right in front of her. 

Afraid that she'd get totally scolded and grounded by her parents, she decided to hide in her Godmother's home pretending that she wanted to play with her God siblings and that she really missed them all.

Y-yikes? "H-hi." She said greeting her aunt with a silly twitchy smile.

"A-" Tiffany opened to start but her phone started to ring and she answered without bothering to see who called. "Uhmm... Uhuh... Ohhoohh... Trust me, I will. What else? Uhumm... Bye bye."

From answering the call to finish, Tiffany kept her daggery sight on her beloved God daughter.

Mentally kicking herself, Haneul kept asking herself why in the world would she think that hiding in her mommy's house would be a better choice rather than going home. Of all her aunts and her parents, her mommy Tiff is the worst disciplinarian when it came to her. If she promised a punishment, that punishment will happen.

When the woman started walking towards she instantly knelt, raised her hands up and bowed her head.

"Five minutes." Tiffany said setting a timer and sitting next to the girl. 

Sighing, the original pink monster stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter