Chapter 23

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Hyoyeon said her cooing goodbyes to Seohyun and her tummy, she made gestures towards Yonghwa that got Seohyun confused. She tried asking Hyoyeon to just say it out loud but the girl just gave her an awkward smile and left.

Seohyun asked the suddenly timid looking Yonghwa and with deep breaths, he managed to tell her the exact detail after he warned her not to panic.

"Dr. Shin had us scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow." He added.

Seohyun looked at him and he saw the worries drawn in her eyes. Sensing that she could panic any time soon, he climbed to the bed to cuddle her in the most possible position, told her everything is going to be alright and sang a bunch of love songs until his pregnant wife finally fell asleep.

 

"Are you sure, doc?" Seohyun and Yonghwa asked in chorus.

Dr. Shin turned to face them with a smile of comfort. "Yes. Very much. It seems that baby A was just in a distress due to what happened yesterday and," she stopped and her smile turned into a disapproving look." -the day before."

Yonghwa's brows creased. "The day before?"

"But how did you know?" Seohyun asked.

"One of your friends, the foreigner looking blonde, found me in the office and told me about it." She answered. "Look. I-"

"You mean Hyoyeon?" Yongnhwa blurted off.

"Eoh? Right. Hyoyeon-unnie is usually mistaken as a multicultural person until they hear her say that she's from Incheon." Seohyun added and she and Yonghwa laughed.

The doctor cleared and they had they attention back to her. "Anyways. I know that there are situations where both of you can't help but argue regarding certain matters but with the missus' current state, you cannot and should not, by any means cause her distress. If you think that a single pregnancy is difficult, how much more can a multi-pregnancy get?"

They both felt and looked like two ten year olds who were scolded by their parents.

Dr. Shin sighed. "I did not tell you this so you could both look like two kids being scolded by a teacher. I told you this because I am the doctor in charge of Seohyun-ssi and her baby's care. And having worked for over ten years without any bad thing happening with both of my clients, I do not have any plan of breaking that streak. Not for the sake of you two and the two more who are bound to join us in this world."

"I'm sorry, Dr. Shin. It was all-" Seohyun started but she cut her off wih a wave of her hand.

"No, no, no. Not to me. Right now, I want you two to talk about this in private but do not go to any topic that could make the babies uncomfortable." She said.

Yonghwa nodded. "Thank you, doctor."

"Yes. Thank you doctor." Seohyun followed squeezing his hand.

Shin smiled. "Now. Do you two want to know the babies gender?"

"Yes." They answered in chorus again.

 

"I told the head of the construction company that haraboji hired to leave the three walls and ceiling untouched along with the bed." Yonghwa informed her as she laid on his chest while he rubbed her belly.

"Really?" Seohyun asked in reconfirmation felling a little sleepy.

"Mhmm." He answered kissing the top of her head. "He told me once that you would always sneak in to read in his room during the spring time because you love the smell of the flowers flowing in his room through the backyard window."

"Neh. His room always smelled like flowers whatever the season is. But what's going to happen with our old room?" She asked.

Yonghwa shrugged. "I don't know. He told us that the old man will have us informed in the right time."

"How-" She stopped for a yawn. "How long will the rennovation take? And what about the babies room?"

He shrugged again. "They said it won't take that long. Maybe just a couple of days since they'd be working 24 hours. And for our babies, how about they take the room next to our new room?"

"Hmm. They should." Seohyun answered sleepily and snuggled closer to the crook of his neck.

Yonghwa chuckled. "Sleepy time for mommy and babies."

Yonghwa started to sing the first line of the song they first sand on one of their dates. Seohyun smiled remembering it and harmonized with him until she fell asleep. He continued to sing until he felt her breath go steady.

"You had me fall for you so fast even before I knew it. And watching you falling slowly for me makes me feel like everything was worth it." He kissed her forehead and slowly slid off placing her on the pillow. "I love you my Jung Joohyun."

 

Before Seohyun and Yonghwa were able to get out of the hospital, the girls had Yoona dressed up as a decoy for Seohyun and Joon for Yonghwa.

The couple was kept out of loop as Minhyuk and Soojung escorted them out of the hospital in an emergency exit door where butler Yoon had a car stand by for them.

 

     "I am standing behind the entrance of KGH where earlier on the week, the wife of Jung Yonghwa, Seo Joohyun was rushed due to a bad case of arguement that occured with her and Ms. Park.

      With the help of our secret source, we were able to find out that the multibillionare couple are set to be discharged in a couple of minutes. If you could see around me are a bunch of other media stations waitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter