Chapter 20

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh!" She screamed in the empty living room grabbing her hair like a mental patient.

Mrs. Wang came running in after hearing her all the way from the kitchen.

"What's the matter, dear?" She asked worried holding her hands of her head.

Seohyun looked at her in surprise. "Oh. I'm sorry, mama. I didn't mean to disturb you."

"Never mind. Now tell me what it is that's been bothering you." She said and sat next to her holding her hand caressing her cheeks like she always do when something troubled Seohyun.

She groaned and laid her head on the the old woman's lap. "It's just this surprise I was planning for oppa. I don't know how to deal with it."

"Hmm. Surprise? What kind?" Mrs. Wang asked.

"It's just -surprise." She answered not wanting to have to tell the woman about it first before her husband.

The old woman leaned near to her ear and whispered. "Are you finally telling him about the baby?"

Seohyun's eyes buldged and she bolted upright looking at the woman. Her face was like HOW. DID. YOU. KNOW?

Mrs. Wang laughed. "You're absolutely glowing my dear plus, you have the worst ways of getting rid of those five -"

Seohyun covered so not to finish the sentence. "Mama, people might hear."

"Anyway, don't be nervous and just tell him" She answered and got up. "I still have a pie in the oven."

The old woman laughed. "Get it? Pie/bun in the oven?"

"Mama!" She whined.

 

Seohyun followed Mrs. Wang's advice and she planned to tell him later in the evening but he texted her that he'll be home later and told her to go to bed early.

She rolled and rolled around the bed trying to find the best position to sleep but she just couldn't. When her stomach grumbled, she knew the baby inside her was feeling hungry once more. She didn't bother putting a robe on since everybody was fast asleep then silently sneaked into the kitchen to have some of Mama's pie.

She got down and saw the light in the kitchen.

Hm. I guess oppa's home already. She thought and popped her head in the kitchen to check if it was him.

Yonghwa jumped and threw the piece of banana he was eating when she saw him. "You scared me, love."

Seohyun jogged and jumped him giving him a kiss. "I missed you." She said.

"I missed you, too. But why are you up?" He asked watching her open the fridge looking for something.

"Oh. The baby was hungry." She answered without a thought pulling out the container filled with strawberry pie.

"The baby?" Yonghwa snickered making her pause.

Oh. My. God. She bit her lip and waited for his reaction.

"When did you start calling yourself ba-" The word frozed in Yonghwa's head as pictures of flashback rolled out of his head.

For almost a week now, he's observed that Seohyun's been acting weird, getting sick and ate more than she usually did. She even started eating foods she didn't like and not that he complained about it but he noticed that she gained some significant amount of weight.

"by." Yonghwa turned to look at her frozen state looking at him with wide eyes and a spoon in . "Baby?" He asked and his finger pointed towards her abdomen.

She pulled the spoon of and nodded. "Baby." She answered putting the container down on the counter and putting a hand on her lower abdomen.

Yonghwa ran to her and smacked his lips to hers. "Baby." He said pulling away and knelt putting his hand on top of hers.

"Yours. Mine. Ours." He said kissing between the words. "Our baby." He said letting the words roll out of his mouth.

He stood up again and cupped her face. "Ours. Our baby." He whispered.

She nodded and happy tears started falling out of her eyes.

"Why are you crying? Are you- Do you-" Her finger sealed his lips.

"I'm just happy that your happy about the baby." She answered.

Yonghwa kissed the tears away. "How can I not? It's yours and mine. I'm not just happy. I'm really really happy. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. It's like my heart is about to jump out of my chest just so it could scream how happy I am." He rambled.

"Good. But seriously, baby's really hungry right now. And she's yelling she wants some pie." She said turning her attention to the pie filled container.

 

"I thought you said we're going to have some fun tonight?" Hyoyeon complained when they reached a private dining room.

Seohyun pouted at her favorite unnie. "I said out for dinner and it is fun when it comes to you all."

"Ow, don't be pouty, baby." Sunny said pinching her cheeks. "She's just pissed cause she had a jerk for a date last night."

"Tch." Hyoyeon said to Sunny and looked at Seohyun. "I'm sorry, Hyun. I'm just feeling a little pissy."

"How about I hook you up with this dancer guy I know, unnie?" Soojung said.

"Ohh. Tell me more later." She told Soojung.

They all had fun eating dinner and all the while, Taeyeon noticed that Seohyun strayed away from having some wine or any alcoholic drinks. "What's the deal?" She asked her.

"Huh?" Tiffany asked thinking it was her.

"What's with you all of a sudden?" Yuri, a little buzzed having drank two bottles of beer, said poking Taeyeon's face.

She annoyingly pushed her hand away then turned her attention back to Seohyun. "Seohyun?"

"E-eh?" She reacted trying to act normal.

"Don't eh me sweetie. I knew something came up when you decided to pick the location for the night. Tell me, what is it?" Taeyeon leaned on the table giving her that invistigat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter