Chapter 18

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iczdtVWaSHE

 

After Yonghwa said his piece, the crowd went wild with angry questions. Even his father, mother and sister scolded him.

"Look!" He half yelled as not to be too loud but loud enough to catch their attention. "The point of asking you this is because we'll be needing most of the help we can get once it actually happens. For you girls and mama Wang, I especially need your help when it comes to Seohyun. I might be her husband but she doesn't always listen to me as well as she might with you. You all know how stubborn she can get."

The crowd went silent knowing that he was right.

Taeyeon sighed out loud garnering the attention. "Let's take shifts. Along with Yonghwa, at least two or three should stay with Seohyun. How about that?"

"We can do with that but who's taking first?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I'm staying." Taeyeon stated. "I've had more rest than any of you girls. Jessica, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Tiffany can't because I know you have your schedules are jammed for tomorrow and you need the rest."

Some of the girls opened their mouth to try to complain but shut it when they saw Taeyeon's daring eyes.

"Sunny? You okay to stay with me?" Taeyeon asked turning to the shorter girl.

"Yeah, I'm good. Who else is staying then?" Sunny said.

Mrs. Jung stood up, "I'm staying. Yeobo you have your meeting tomorrow and Soojung also has a schedule to go to."

"But-" The father and daughter said in chorus but they knew better than to go against Mrs. Jung.

"That settles it then." Yonghwa said and turned to the rest. "Please be careful going home and will call as soon as anything happens."

 

10 Hours // 24 Hours 1:38 AM

Taeyeon, Yonghwa and Mrs. Jung talked out in the living room while Sunny is in the other room sitting next to Seohyun doing her best to somewhat distract her and make her smile at least.

"Remember when haraboji shooed you and Soojung out for some bonding time?" Sunny asked her.

Seohyun, a little surprised that she knew about that, turned her head to her and said, "How did you know that?"

"Haraboji had Yonghwa call the eight of us saying that the old man had something important to tell us." Sunny answered.

"Oh." Seohyun muttered.

Sunny sighed seeing her reaction and hugged the taller girl by the waist pulling her so that they are both leaning on each other.

"Taeyeon and Hyoyeon argued wanting to be the one to give you this and I had to smack the two shorties to stop." Sunny stopped and saw Seohyun trying to hide the giggles. "What?"

"Unnie." Seohyun said sighing. "You know you're the shortest among the shorties, right?"

"Yah!" The shorter girls said and gave her a light smack on the shoulder. "Only the shorties have the right to call other shorties shorty."

"Arasso-yo." Seohyun teased.

"Anyways, old man Seo wanted to relay this." Sunny said and pulled out a  jewelry box with five envelops tied on top of it. "I'll give you this now but you can't open the letters and boxes just yet. There are specific dates written on each letter and you have to follow them exactly. I had them arranged like he said so the order would be from down to up."  Sunny said showing her.

"Do you know the contents?" She asked.

"The girls and I know pieces but we promised never to tell you until you open up those specific letters and then one or two of us will approach you about it." She answered.

"So this is the same as 'P.S. I Love You'." Seohyun mumbled.

"Yeah, we told him about doing it like that but he stubbornly said no. That just shows how much you two are alike." Sunny teased.

Seohyun chuckled and side hugged her unnie.

"Can't we really convince you to go to sleep? At least for a nap?" Sunny asked her hair.

Seohyun shook her head.

"Okay." Sunny said and they both sat quietly watching the old man.

 

14 Hours 27 Minutes // 24 Hours  6:05 AM

"Wake up." Jessica slapped Yonghwa awake.

Startled, he bolted up flailing his arms. "What-wha-what is it?" He said looking around.

"Get up. You idiot!" Jessica said raising her voice.

"What happened?" Yonghwa panicked getting of the bed and would've ran out of the room if Jessica hadn't grabbed his shirt.

"Seohyun's vomitted like hell and is now with the doctors getting her checked up on. She's next door." Jessica answered and shoved him out.

Right when he put his hand on the knob, it twisted and the door was pulled open as the doctor came out. He stepped back and craned his neck to see Seohyun sleeping and Hyoyeon covering her.

"What happened, doc?" Yonghwa asked the man.

The doctor fixed his glasses and gave him a disapproving look. "Seohyun-ssi's almost collapsed due to exhaustion and an empty stomach."

"Will-"

The doctor waved a hand over his face cutting him off. "She will be fine. Her sister had her eat some bread and take a nap."

Yonghwa sighed, a little relieved.

"Don't feel so relieved just yet." The doctor said. "Yonghwa-ssi, I hope -no. I need you to tell me that this will not happen again. This cannot happen again. What happened today could be ten times

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter