Chapter 10

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun woke up with the pitter patters of the rain hitting the windows.

Stretching around with half lidded eyes, she got confused as to why she felt so comfortable and then she saw herself on the bed.

"How?" She stopped and looked for any sign of Yonghwa around.

Her eyes caught a glimpse of something and she turned to see him watching tv. She also turned her head one more time to notice a paper bag slightly opened showing part of what was in it.

She slid off the bed quietly and walked across the room to get a better look at the thing. 

She smelled a familiar scent as she walked closer.

Taking in what it was, her eyes lit up in delight when she saw it was the croissant similar to the one they shared at the restaurant.

So that's where he went. She sighed feeling even more guilty for how she's been acting around him since yesterday.

Grabbing her pastry and her book, she silently walked towards him.

 

 

Running like a maniac chasing someone that looked a lot like his wife, only to find her sleeping in their hotel room, Yonghwa was able to breath normally but he was still shaking a little.

After laying her comfortably on the bed, he changed his clothes and slumped down on the sofa to try and calm his nerves down. He turned the tv on and clicked on the remote looking for anything that he liked.

He clicked and clicked on the remote but nothing really interesting came out so he settled on a sports channel with French commentators.

Even with the sound of excitement coming from the commentators, his mind slipped away trying to analyze what or who he saw earlier.

Will you stop that? He scolded himself. She's here isn't she? Why do you keep thinking about that.

"Aish!" He grumbled to himself grabbing his like a mad man.

"Wait-" There was something different about her.

He stopped and let his mind rewind the pictures from earlier. Right as he was, he still couldn't put a finger on what it was that made that girl and Seohyun apart.

What is it? What is it? Different . . . His mind juggled and his eyes squinted.

 

Seohyun bit her lips as she approached the sofa.

Worried on how he'd react, she didn't even notice the weird expression Yonghwa had, heck, he didn't even know how ridiculously weird his postured was.

From her point of view, Seohyun saw how comfortably Yonghwa half sat and half laid on the sofa. He looked like one of those husbands who came home to an empty house excited to watch their game on the sport channel. The missing piece was a bottle of beer on the left hand while the right was far to busy gaurding the remote.

She pouted when she saw that his eyes where focused on elsewhere and that he hadn't even noticed her standing in front of him.

She sighed and slumped herself in between his legs with her head laying on his chest then grabbed a pillow before opening her book and snacking on her croissants.

 

"Umpf!" Yonghwa's back tensed when reality hit him.

With her on him, he smiled and leaned to get a look a her face. Unlike earlier, her expression was softer.

He kissed the top of her head with a smile and played withe her hair.

"Are you still mad at me?" He couldn't help but ask.

A piece of croissant in , she didn't talk but shifted to the side to offer a piece of bread which he gladly took.

"So... no?" He asked while chewing on his bread.

Seohyun groaned seeing him do that.

"Please don't talk when there's food in your mouth." She scolded him and returned to laying on his chest.

He grinned and swallowed. He turned the tv off and kept his eyes on her.

She's so beautiful. He thought smiling to himself. So beautiful and. . . she's all mine.

Yonghwa sighed at the thought and slipped his hands to hug her by the waist. And unlike before, Seohyun didn't tense everytime he does this kind of stuff. Now, she'd just let him initiate the skinship while she does what she does.

"Won't you tell me why you don't like being called a princess?" He asked as he let his chin rested on her shoulder.

As soon as he asked, her body tensed making him regret it and scolded himself for being an idiot.

But then, her she sighed deeply  and closed her book. She scotted closer to him and shifted to her side so now she was also hugging him by the waist.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Seohyun stopped him shaking her head on his chest. "You didn't say or do anything wrong. I'm the one who's sorry."

"Oh." He said awkwardly. "Why?"  He asked with a weird look on his face.

She sighed again. "I'm guessing that after spending those times with my unnies, that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter