Chapter 12

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun held Yonghwa's hand all the way to her old room. Yonghwa, on the other hand, felt like a ragdoll being dragged by an angry kid. In his case, an angry wife.When she laid down on the bed, Yonghwa went next to her and became her pillow.

He waited for a couple of minutes before he said something.

"What did your unnies do this time?" He asked combing her haid with his fingers.

Seohyun huffed and grabbed the sheets covering her whole but still with her head on his chest.

"I texted and left voice mails but they didn't even bother trying to call me once." She answered.

"Oh. Uhm, maybe they didn't want to disturbed our time together." He said trying to make excuse for them.

Pabodeura. You're lucky I'm doing this for you. He thought.

Seohyun took the covers of angrily and bolted on a sitting position. "They told me to keep in touch even before we went to our honeymoon and promised that they'd call back if they were busy but not one message. They didn't even bother to send me one darn message!"

Note to self; NEVER break or make a promise to Seohyun that you can't keep.

"Okay. Okay." Yonghwa sat up and hugged her pulling her back down to the bed. "Don't be angry. This is the first time you've seen them in weeks. Maybe they have a reason to why they broke their promise."

She flared her nose again and pouted closing her eyes.

"They always do this to me." She said in a calmer but sad tone. "Even if I told them that I don't like it, they still do it and I keep forgiving them anyway."

He chuckled earning him a slap on the chest.

"What?" She demanded.

He held her chin and tilted it so that she was looking at him.

"That's what you do with your very very close friends. No matter how pissed you are at them. You can't do anything about it because you'll always forgive them anyway." He gave her a lingering kiss. "Want to go talk to them now?"

She shook her head. "My body's feeling a little sluggish."

Yonghwa smile. "Okay, then. But first."

He pulled them both up and removed Seohyun's belt and jacket then went back to lying down. He waited for a couple of minutes until she fell asleep before taking a pillow to replace him.

 

When he got down, he heard the girls arguing and the old man scolding everyone of them.

"Oh. Yonghwa, I thought you were resting?" The old man said noticing him.

He bowed and smiled before approaching the old man.

"Haraboji, would it be okay if I talk to you privately?" He asked.

The old man nodded. "Sure. But is my gem okay?"

"She's just a little tired and upset with this girls." He pointed to them and scowled.

The girls especially Tiffany scowled back.

"Enough." The old man repramanded them and turned to Yonghwa. "Let's go to my office. In the mean time, ladies, why don't you entertain yourselves while I talk to Yonghwa."

Yonghwa was about to wheel him out, but haraboji stopped him again.

"And when I mean entertain yourselve, I meant talk, watch tv, read or something else, just not, cahooting and planning another thing to make maknae mad at you. You know how difficult it is to pacify her sometimes." He said.

"Neh, haraboji." Taeyeon said.

He turned to look at Sooyoung.

"Haraboji!" Sooyoung protested immediately. "I don't always plan this things!"

"Uhuh." He said and told Yonghwa to go.

Yonghwa chuckled listening to the arguements of the girls in the background as he wheeled the old man away.

"Aish! Why is always my plan that gets busted!" Sooyoung stomped her feet and the girls giggled.

 

Once they started talking the two didn't stop. First, they started with how their trip went and how they've, mostly Seohyun, started trusting each other. He told him funny stories and somewhere along the talking, business talks slipped in and it was the old man's turn to talk.

"Hmm. And I'm guessing there is more to this private talk besides your trip and the business?" The old man said it as a statement.

Yonghwa smiled and sat closer to the old man. "Truthfully, you are right sir."

Haraboji nodded and motioned him to continue.

"We both saw how Hyun reacted when she saw you earlier." He paused and sighed. "And I want to be direct and ask now, how long have you been using the wheelchair? I knew that it'll lead you to this eventually but. . ."

The old man gave him a stern then concerned look.

"Truth betold, I myself didn't expect to be in this wheelchair at least a month or week more before your arrival." It was his turn to pause and sigh. "About three days just after you both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter