Chapter 13

Falling Slowly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is unbelievable!" Seohyun screamed and slammed the door right on Yonghwa's face hitting his nose.

Yonghwa opened the door coming in rubbing while rubbing his nose and closing it quietly.

"Please. Joohyun-ah, listen to me. I-" He wanted to say something but she cut him off.

"Listen to you? For what? I already know! If he hadn't collapsed. . ." She stopped and glared at him with her blazing eyes.

Yonghwa tried approaching her but she stepped away. "I," he sighed. "I really wanted to tell you but I couldn't. Not when he promised me not to."

Still feeling betrayed and infuriated turned herself away from him and said, "You told me I could trust you. How can I now that I find out you've been hiding this matter?! Do all of you think that I won't be able to handle this?!"

"It's not about you being able to handle me telling you. And you know I'm not lying when I told you that you can trust me." Yonghwa said and took a step closer to her putting his hands on her shoulder. "I promised him I wouldn't tell you or anybody because he just wanted to live as normal as possible without having you worrying about him all the time."

Seohyun took his hands off and gave him one last glare before turning around and telling him to get out.

"W-what?" Yonghwa croaked taking a step back.

"I said get out!" Seohyun yelled this time.

The concern and frustration etched on his face turned to surprised and finally Yonghwa himself exploded.

"Are you serious? Did you really think I wanted to tell this the minute he told me about it?" He raised his voice. "I wanted to tell you so bad but I couldn't! Not if you were going to act like a nurse around him all the time ignoring your own health and everything -everyone else around you!"

"Fine." Seohyun and walked away from him.

"Where are you going?" Yonghwa asked following after her.

She didn't answer but kept walking across the hall and opening the corner door and quickly locking it.

Yonghwa knocked and pleaded for her to open the door and when she didn't he left to let her cool off.

 

This was the scene that rocked the whole Seo household on the evening after the collapse of the Seo family head.

It's been two months since the couple got married and five weeks since the old man told Yonghwa about the changes in his health.

"I hate myself." He muttered opening a bottle of soju and gulping it in one go.

The maids watched by the door and with the reproach of Mrs. Wang, they left to their quarters.

"Young man! What do you think you're doing?" She demanded while Yonghwa was on his second bottle.

He stopped mid-bottle to answer the lady. "I'm just really thirsty, mama." He answered scoffing and continued to empty the bottle.

Mrs. Wang also known as Mama, took the two remaining bottles and put it back in the fridge.

"I'm still thirsty." Yonghwa complained reaching out for it.

The woman gave his a disappointed and angry look making admit defeat with his two hands held high.

"Now," Mama Wang started. "You know better that alcohol is never the answer to any problem."

Yonghwa heard her clearly and felt the alcohol taking effect quickly.

"Now, come. I'll help you to your room." She said and herded him.

When they reached the room, Yonghwa plopped on the bed and Mama helped cover him.

She sighed looking at him. "The stubborn girl really is like her grandfather. You just wait and let her cool her head off."

"Thanks, mama." He said and woman waived it off.

The woman stopped on her way to closing the door. "Tomorrow, if she doesn't approach you, just let her be and wait a little longer."

She didn't wait for an answer and closed the door before going to the corner room. Out of all the people, she was the only one with the key to Seohyun's corner.
 She opened it and sure enough, she saw the girl reading a book while sobbing.

"Aigoo! Young-lady, when will you learn." She said closing the door.

Seohyun quickly put the book down and run to the woman giving her a suffocating hug.

The woman hugged her back and they walked towards the bed. There, she told her to lay down to get some sleep.

"Is Yonghwa-oppa still mad at me, mama?" She asked doing what the old woman told her to.

"Mad at you?" She laughed pulling the sheets on her. "He's not mad at you. Noone is. He's just a little upset but his more worried about you."

Seohyun sniffed and the la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter