The Angsty Sequel

A super short Neo drabbles collection

Taekwoon walks along the stone path. Small drops of rain soaked into his padded suit. He didn’t really mind. He walk with empty head. He thinks of nothing. The sound of chatters can be heard in a distance. But still he don’t mind a thing about it. All he knows and care was where he’s heading to.

 

Flashback

 

“Doctor Jung?!” Hakyeon said dumbfounded with what he sees. He straighten his back looking straight at the view in front of him. What he see was the said guy came into his ward but without wearing is white robe and no statoscope hanging around his neck.

The said guy was looking casual with his bleached jeans, white shirt, dark blue cardigan and grey converse. And what Hakyeon like the most is that instead of stiffed-styled up hair, Taekwoon just let his hair down softly. The tall male smile sweetly as he walk toward Hakyeon’s bed.

“hi! Im Leo” the doctor said while reaching his right hand towards puzzled-looking Hakyeon.

“but you are doctor Jung!” Hakyeon insist as the Leo sit on the chair besides his bed.

Still with his breath-taking smile “yeah I’ve heard about that guy” but when Hakyeon pout at his jokes his quickly apologize

“I’m kidding” he chuckled “Doctor Jung is when I’m working. Today is my off day so I’m Leo”

“pfff what are you? An actor? To live a double life” Hakyeon retorted. He smile. His heart pounded slightly faster as he look at the handsome male in front of him.

“It just to make my boring life a bit more colour.”

“hmm.. I bought that. I’m Hakyeon by the way” reaching his hand toward the other and was warmly accepted.

Both male feels that day become brighter upon the contact.

“The weather seems nice today. Wanna get some air?” Leo said throwing his sight out of the window before fondly look back at Hakyeon.

“I don’t know. I need to get permission from doctor Jung first before going out but today is his off day I don’t think I’m allowed to go out” Hakyeon pout cutely.

“Forget that Doctor Jung of yours. I’ll take care of you. I happen to learn about meds here and there.” Leo snicker getting along with the jokes.

“I’ll trust you then. But I can’t walk on my own for too long” Hakyeon smile apologetically

“No problem I’ll carry you around like a princess.” With that Leo help Hakyeon to be sited on a wheelchair. They went to the hospital park.

“I heard you asked Dr.Jung out” Leo state as he was not the guy he referred to. The chose to settle down at a bench under a shady cherry tree.

Hakyeon laugh “I did but he don’t date a patient so…”

“What a jerk” Leo said

“I know!” Hakyeon reply with small laugh.

“wanna date me instead?” Leo asked looking right into Hakyeon eyes holding both of the latter hand in his.

Hakyeon blushed hard that his cheek and ears in a dark shade of red. He have no guts to look straight at Leo so he just stare down at his lap.

“I’d be glad to date you” Hakyeon said shyly.

Leo pulled him into his bone crushing hug. That day is indeed beautiful also other days that follows.

They started dating since then but they chose to keep the relationship between themselves. When Dr.Jung was doing his round he will do his job professionally though he may or may not have sneak a small peck when the nurse are not with him.

When his shift ended of his day off he will be visiting as Leo which will then take Hakyeon out. Taekwoon think Hakyeon look way more breath taking when he’s out smilling and talk mindlessly.

The relationship is one of the reason Hakyeon’s health is improving. He was about to be discharge, when one day his illness came back and he was unconscious. Hakyeon was assign to another, more expert doctor as Taekwoon think he can’t do it himself and it is also against the ethics too. But he chose to stay with is lover all the time.

“Good morning” Taekwoon whisper softy as he sees Hakyeon open up his eyes.

“Good morning” Hakyeon answer weakly but still tries to smile at his bofriend.

“you must be very sleepy. You’ve slept for three day.” Leo kissed the back of Hakyeon’s palm which securely held in his hand.

“sorry” Hakyeon mumble his voice is hard to be heard but Taekwoon will always listen.

“don’t be. If you are sleepy then you should sleep.” Taekwoon smile softly as he paused. “as long as you remember to wake up. That will be fine.”

“sorry” the only things Hakyeon can said to the one he loved. He did not meand to be sick again. He did not mean to makes his lover sad or worry about him. But he just can’t help it.

“ don’t be.” Taekwoon place another kiss at Hakyeon’s hand.

Tears start to puddle in Hakyeon’s eyes. ‘Taekwoon deserves someone better than him. Someone who can love him to the fullest. Not a sick useless guy like him.’ Hakyeon keep on thinking of that.

While Taekwoon was gathering all of his strength to look calm and push his insecurities of losing Hakyeon away. As he sees Hakyeon started to tear up he then stand to kiss Hakyeon forehead.

“I love you” He truly mean it. He place another kiss at the same place and let it linger a bit longer.

 

Hakyeon’s health remain unstable. He was attack almost once every week and the time his was in comatose state become longer from three days to a week long.  

Taekwoon was almost losing his sanity but he live positively. He was afraid but refuse to admit. Every time Hakyeon was awake he make sure he’ll be the first person Hakyeon see. Never once he failed of doing so.

 

Next time Hakyeon was unconscious, it last for eight day. Taekwoon was there every second. He had his moment where he melt down in tears seeing his beloved person laying there with machines and wire all over to stay alive.

It was late at night when the beeper stop beeping and the monitor shows the straight lines and the heartbeat rate was down to zero so does the blood pressure. Taekwoon was alone with Hakyeon in the white room.

He’s a doctor he understand that sound very well. He also know what the monitors tell. Hakyeon’s limping hands in his. He also understand that

Everything suddenly feel very depressing. Dizzy. All Taekwoon see was black. The only thing he heard was the numbing ‘beeeeeeeeeeeeeep’ from the monitor.

He feels very weak. He can’t think of anything. Even when the nurses rushes in and called him few times he can’t hear them.

Taekwoon feels like he was the one who died that day.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

He continue walking few more steps towards the freshly placed tombstone. The picture hanged there was a very good picture of Hakyeon. Hakyeon was smilling brightly. Taekwoon figured this must be taken before Hakyeon was sick. He like that picture.

“hey” he knelled down placing the bouquet on Hakyeon grave.

“I bought you flower. I neve had a chance to ask what flower you like but I like this one so just…” He fake a chuckle. He remain there silence. The raindrop started to get harder. Not that he care.

 

A/N: Its effing hard to write while crying!

So this is the failed angst requested by Suriririn.

SORRY FOR:

  1. Late update
  2. Failed angst
  3. Failed angst
  4. Failed angst

I’m really not good with angst and since I’m enjoying my Semester break a bit too much now it’s even harder to get all angsty.

Nevertheless, I still hope all of you enjoy reading this and

THANK FOR:

  1. Upvotes
  2. New Subscribers
  3. Comments
  4. Silent readers

I’ll try to write something fluffy next time

I LOVE YOU