NEO

A super short Neo drabbles collection

“Marry me!” Leo said softly looking straight into the slightly shorter male’s eyes. His eyes are full of hope. Though the fear of rejection is there he just have to do this. The thought of not saying this is killing him.  His right hand cress the other guy’s cheek while his left hand rest at the waist to keep them close.

It was right after their Final concert tour. All the audience was just finished leaving the concert hall and the staff were busy packing up. Leo dragged his boyfriend back to the now empty concert hall except for the staffs doing their work. They are standing on the stage they previously perform. The stage looks 3 times bigger with the light all on and lack of people.  

“What?” ask the confused male. The smile slightly loosens and his eyes are all confused.

Leo looks down pasting their forehead together. ”Marry me Hakyeon” Leo repeat as his heart almost jump out of his throat. He almost 100% sure the other could hear the beating.

“Are you proposing me to marry you Jung Taekwoon?” Hakyeon ask again to make sure he hear correctly.

“Hmm”Leo hums looking straight into Hakyeon’s eyes. He was so nervous that he afraid to blink. He looks deep into the other’s eyes looking for the answer.

“Are you serious?” Hakyeon ask again his eyes watered. He never thought this day would come.

“I am!”

Hakyeon slightly push Leo away and show his right hand. Leo looks puzzle.

“where is it?” Hakyeon ask his blur looking boyfriend.

“What” Leo ask.

“The ring. You propose there must be ring.”

“Oh! That.. I.. I.. I haven’t prepared it yet. I just spontaneously ask you” with that he receive multiple neck-sliced from Hakyeon.

“How dare you propose to me without a ring” few more chop lend on Leo pale neck before it stop.

“I’m sorry. I’ll get one later okay” Leo said pulling somewhat-fuming Hakyeon back into his arm.

“So..yes?” Leo asks his boyfriend for the answer. Leo thinks Hakyeon glows a lot more tonight. He can’t help but to fell in love a bit deeper.

“get me the ring and I’ll give you the answer”

………………..

After that night Leo make few more attempts to propose but end up being neck-sliced by Hakyeon.

“Seriously?!” Hakyeon ask a bit mad looking at his ring finger. Leo has drawn a ring using a ball-pen in their waiting room.

Leo just looks at him lovingly. “Marry me Hakyeon-ah!”

Leo was left un-answered as Hakyeon storm out of the waiting room.

Hakyeon on the other hand, find it quite romantic. Yeah he is cheap for Leo. The reason he kept rejecting was he just wanted to make sure Leo is serious about marrying him. And also the ring LOL. Hakyeon keep all the ‘fake’ ring Leo gave him when he proposed. There are few of them.  The big plastic diamond ring which literally made of plastic and Leo bought it at the convenient stores. There are also straw rings Leo made when they have an outdoor photoshoot. The Cheetos ring and few others bizarre rings who one could never think of to be used when propose.

What Leo was doing now is exactly what Hakyeon did when first he ask Leo to date him. Hakyeon have that love at first sight on Leo. He kept pestering the poor guy during their trainee days. As soon as Hakyeon find out Leo was into guy, Hakyeon waste no time he ask Leo out the days he learn the fact. Leo shoo-ed him away quite few times before he agree.

Now its Leo time to be rejected and Hakyeon loved to feel wanted especially if it’s Leo.

“Hakyeon wait!” Leo chased Hakyeon. The lift is about to shut when Leo jump in.

Hakyeon keep silence and look down. Yes it is quite romantic to be proposed like that but if Leo keeps on doing the same thing again and again he seems not so serious about it. That saddens Hakyeon a bit more today.

“Hakyeon-ah” Leo tries to reach Hakyeon but was doge. The lift opens at the rooftop garden of the broadcast station. Leo follows Hakyeon out and settles beside him on a bench.

Leo places his right hand on Hakyeon’s shoulders.

“If you really want me to marry you at least do it right.” Hakyeon spoke. He felt so frustrated today.

“get me a ring or take me out for dinner or whatsoever” he added.

“you really don’t want to marry me if I didn’t do those things?” Leo asks softly looking at his boyfriend.

“yes I won’t!” Hakyeon storm off again back to the waiting room. Leo just follows him with a sigh. He knows this time he have to do it right.

……………………………..

Hakyeon drove to the café Leo asks him to wait. He was a bit tired after drama shooting that evening. He has no time to dress properly. He just wears a word out jeans, black t-shirt and a pair of black boots.

They promise to meet there at 9 p.m. but Hakyeon arrive there 10 minutes late due to traffic. He went into the familiar café greeted by the workers there who shows him the booth Leo was waiting.

Leo who saw him coming stand with a smile pestered on his face. Leo took out a bouquet of roses and gives it to his now smiling boyfriend. Hakyeon’s gladly take the flowers before pecking Leo’s lips and sit down.

“what’s the occasion? Flowers?” Hakyeon asks. It is unusual for him to receive flowers from Leo. And he likes it a lot.  

“I thought you’re not coming”Leo said

“you ask me out. I’d be fool to refuse a dinner with Jung Taekwoon” said Hakyeon mater of factly.

“good boy. Now let’s have dinner.”

They had a simple dinner that night simple pastries and coffee. There not much choice for heavier dinner in a café. They talks and talks until it was quite late and Hakyeon asks to go home.

“wait” Leo said as he pulled out a small black box from his pocket. He was nervous all day long for this moment but manages to stay cool. He opens the box showing two platinum bands. It is very simple design the inner side was crave with the letter N<3L and the other says L<3N.

Hakyeon was so surprise. His eyes watered. Both of his hand covered his mouth. He didn’t expect that Leo would really buy him a ring at least not today.

Leo takes out one of the rings and knelt before his now crying boyfriend.

“Now that I bought you a ring so..Cha Hakyeon would you marry me?” Leo asks unlike the first time he proposed he felt Thousand times more nervous. Lots of question and thought going on in his head. ‘what he doesn’t like the ring’ ‘did I said it right’ and worst of all ‘what if he reject me’ that one last thought Leo seriously are not prepared for. He would be devastated if he was rejected.

“YES!! Million time yes!” Hakyeon jump into Leo’s arms right after he slid the ring on his finger. Leo kiss him without thinking of the few people who still inside the café. Five of them to be exact and 4 applause.

“I actually prepare you a speech for this” Leo said when they broke the kiss.  “but I don’t think I’ll said exactly what I’ve previously prepared.so I just…” he paused for a moment taking a deep breath before continue with.

“you are super annoying, you are too loud, you are too clingy, you are too dark, you are shorter than me, you are too pretty for a boy but you are the sun for my day, my moon for my night and..and….”

Leo tries to recall the rest of the speech but he was too happy that Hakyeon said yes “I’m sorry I forgot the rest but the point is I love you Cha Hakyeon. I love you so much that it hurt.”

“though there is some part of that speech that I find it sort of offensive I’ll just let it slide. I love you Jung Taekwoon. And thank you” kiss again.

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE

When I said that I’m super busy these two weeks I’m not lying.

I’m supposed to finish my research paper by this weekend and I’m not 50% done with it. BUT writing NEO is more interesting.

And for this story doesn’t really end the way I thought it will be.but meh…

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Thanks for the new subs and upvote

For my loyal commenters you guys are AWESOME!! *do brag!*