28: Our Past Part 1

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

 

All the guys were worried about Jaehyun since she’d locked herself in the room for two hours already. Daesung went and knocked on the door. “Jaehyun~ come out for some dinner~ Or at least open the door so that I can give you your food.”

“I’m not hungry, Daesung oppa.” she answered from the other side of the door. “I just want to be alone.” He sighed as he went back into the kitchen.

Yang Seungho sighed as he remained kneeling in front of the door, hoping that she would open it to just talk to him. He knew that she was upset with him right now, but that didn’t make him lose hope.

On the other side of the door, Jaehyun pulled out one of her unpacked boxes and took out a photo album. She opened it and the first picture she saw was of her with Seungho. Tears came to her eyes as she remembered all the times she had with him.


The beginning of the year was always a mess, no matter what school you went to. First years were constantly getting lost the first couple of days at school and the second and third years were complaining about how short their break was.

It was mid-day and a group of third years were in their class, waiting for it to begin. The teacher walked in with a large smile but that smile disappeared and turned into a pout. “Ahh, the same number of students! That means that Yang Seungho doesn’t get a partner again!” Seungho shrugged; he didn’t care whether he gets one or not. The teacher sighed. “And this semester focuses a lot on partner dancing too.”

At that moment, the door flew open and a teenage girl ran into the room. She bent down with her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

“Can I help you?” asked the teacher.

“I’m – suppose – to be – here.” she said in between her pants. “I’m sorry! I got lost and I was on the other side of the school and I ran here as fast as I could!” she bowed to the teacher.

“Umm, this is a third year class though.” commented the teacher.

The girl straightened herself out. “I know, I’m supposed to be in this classroom. I’m Lee Jae Hyun.”

When the teacher heard her name, she jumped a little. “OH! You’re Jaehyun. When the headmaster told me that I was getting a new student for this class, he never told me that it was going to be a first year. Well, everyone in this classroom already knows each other, so why don’t you introduce yourself?”

Jaehyun nodded and bowed to the class. “My name is Lee Jae Hyun and I’m a first year student.  Since you’re all my sunbaes, you can just call me Jaehyun or Jae. Umm… I don’t know what to say really. Because I’m a first year placed into a third year dancing class, that doesn’t mean that I’m that good at dancing. So, I hope you would be able to help me improve and look out for me.”

The teacher smiled. “Don’t worry about that. Well, the only person that doesn’t have a partner is Yang Seungho, so you get to be his partner this year!” Jaehyun nodded and went to sit next to the only empty seat in the class. “Okay, since it’s the first day, I’ll make it easy. I want you and your partner to come up with a dance of your own and you’ll perform it for us two days from now. Just a short dance, maybe five to six minutes long. Oh! Don’t forget to bring your own music!”

Jaehyun turned to her partner and smiled. “Sunbae, I hope we can work well together.”

Seungho nodded. “Let’s get started on this.”


That night, Jaehyun came home around eleven. Soohyun was the first person to greet her, but she just walked past him. Feeling that something was wrong, he immediately followed. “Hey, is something wrong? Did something happen at school?”

“All my classes went fine… except that third year dance class I’m taking.” she answered.

“Wait what happened? Do I need to beat someone up!?” he yelled as he rolled up his sleeves. “Cause I will, right now! Just give me their name!”

“It’s not that oppa! My partner is being a bit difficult. He yelled at me because I couldn’t do a back flip. I tried my best though, but it wasn’t good enough.” she frowned. “He got really mad at me and left.”

Soohyun frowned and sat next to her on her bed. “Is that why you’re home so late? You’d been practicing your flip?”

She nodded. “Actually, I came home to grab some stuff then I’m going back to school to practice; I have to get this right.”

He sighed. “Okay, I’m not leaving you alone to walk back by yourself; especially this late.” He stood up and walked to her door. “Hurry up so that I can take you back.”

Jaehyun smiled. “Thanks oppa.” She quickly ran around the house, gathering her stuff before she hopped into her brother’s car. They drove in silent because she was mainly focused on their dance routine. When they arrived, he walked her in and decided to stay for a bit for her own safety.

Jaehyun changed into her practice clothes and took a deep breath. She was able to get all of the routine down only the thing that she kept messing up on was the back flip. She didn’t want to disappoint Seungho, since it seems that he was just as passionate about dancing and music as she was. She closed her eyes as she pictured the back flip in her mind. She knew that the first step was to take it slowly since she was inexperience in this.


Soohyun watched as his sister kept pushing herself in doing this back flip. It made his blood boil thinking about the kind of guy that would make her torture herself like this. He already knew that she was probably bruised in the areas that she kept falling on, but she wasn’t going to stop; it’s not in her personality to stop.

He heard a noise by the door and turned to see this guy, standing there, watching her. “She’s still here…?” he asked out loud, but Jaehyun didn’t hear him.

Soohyun stood up from where he was sitting and walked to him. “Yah.” The guy heard him and decided to run, making Soohyun chase after him. “HEY! STOP!” he yelled, but the other guy didn’t. Soohyun frowned and he took off one of his shoes and threw it at the guy, nailing him on the head.

The other guy rubbed his head as he glared at the older male. “That hurt!”

Soohyun returned the glare. “You’re fault for not stopping when I said too.” he said as he took back his shoe. “Yah, are you my sister’s partner? Are you Seungho?”

He looked down. “Yeah.”

Soohyun growled and balled his fist. “You, go in there and practice with her! Don’t just make her do this herself! She’s in there practicing your stupid back flip so that she doesn’t disappoint you. A real partner would help, not yell at her for not getting it right!”

Seungho continued to stare at his feet. “I didn’t mean to yell at her. I was just frustrated at the moment. I didn’t think she would take me seriously and continue to practice it.”

“My sister’s stubborn; she won’t stop until she is able to do it confidently. That’s definitely the first thing you need to know about her.” he said as he grabbed Seungho’s wrist and dragged him back into the room. “Now, be a man and a good partner and go help her.” He pushed Seungho onto the mat.

Seungho looked over his shoulder to him but immediately looked forward again seeing him glare at him. “Jae?” he called out.

She stopped what she was doing and looked back at him, surprised. “S-sunbae! What are you doing here?”

He shook his head. “First, just call me Seungho, since we’re going to be partners until the year is over; we might as well get comfortable with each other.”

NOT TOO COMFORTABLE!” yelled Soohyun, but they both ignored him.

“Second, I wanted to apologize for yelling at you. I really didn’t mean to.” he said, but he wasn’t able to look her in the eyes while saying that.

“Seungho.” she called. He looked up and saw her smiling at him. “It’s okay; thank you for apologizing, but I should apologize because I can’t live up to your expectations.”

He shook his head. “No! There’s no need for you to apologize. Now, umm, we can just get rid of the back flip and do something else.”

“No.” she flatly said. “The choreography is nice with it; we’re NOT getting rid of it. I’m going to practice more to get it right. Now, Seungho, you just go home and rest; I’m going to practice a bit more.”

She turned around and was going to try again until she felt his hands on her hips. She felt her cheeks become warm as she looked back at him and saw him smiling at her. “We’ll work on it together.”


Jaehyun yawned as she walked to her classroom. She was finally able to do the back flip at around two in the morning, but she insisted that she wanted to learn how to do it without her hands. They had finally finished at around five in the morning and they both fell asleep together in the room until one of the students in the first class woke them up.

She looked around, feeling that people were staring at her, but she chose to ignore it since she was too tired to deal with it. The day passed pretty slowly for her as she was able to drag herself into her dance class. She sat in her seat and glanced at Seungho, who looked like he could pass out anytime soon.

The teacher walked in the room with a smile. “Remember! Tomorrow you guys get to show us your routines! So, just practice today!”

The two stood up, but instead of going to change into some practice clothes, Seungho sat down on the ground and pulled her down with him. He sat her down between his legs, hugged her waist and leaned his forehead against her shoulder. “Good night.” he mumbled.

Jaehyun felt her face become hot. “S-Seungho!” she squeaked. “We need to practice!”

“Aren’t you tired? I am.” he said. “I definitely want to nap during this class. Besides, I have a student council meeting to attend after school and I need to be awake.”

“Then why can’t I just practice alone and let you sleep?” she asked as her cheeks became even redder as everyone was looking at them. She tried to get out of his hold, but it was impossible to.

“I need my pillow.” he mumbled again then fell asleep.

She stopped moving around and sighed; even she had to agree that she was beyond tired. ‘Maybe we’ll just practice after school or something.’ she thought as she gently pushed back his head so that he was resting against and wall then lean back against his strong chest and fell asleep. ‘I… like it here.’ was her last thought before she completely drifted off to sleep.


Jaehyun sighed as she pushed the remaining stuff into her locker. She muttered under her breath and didn’t realize that she needed her math book until her locker was fully closed. She growled as she glared at her locker, as if hoping that all the stuff inside would just disappear. She felt someone hit the top of her head with a book then redirected her glare to them. “Yah! Seungho! What was that for!?”

“Why are you glaring at your locker?” he asked as he leaned against the locker next to her.

“I need my math book.” she said.

He looked at her strangely then turned to the locker. “Then just get it.” he said as he turned the dial of the lock and opened it. Once he opened it, a lot of white gifts fell out of it to their feet. Jaehyun sighed and bent down to pick them up. “What is all that?” he asked.

“Gifts for White’s Day. Remember that’s today?” she sighed. “I didn’t even give anybody anything during Valentine’s! Geez, no one was even in school that day anyway!”

“Why didn’t you just reject all of this?” Seungho asked, a bit annoyed, as he bent down and opened one of the cards. “’Lee Jaehyun-ssi, please accept my feelings for you! I’d known you since elementary school and I was hoping if you would go out with me.’ That’s lame.”

HEY!” she snatched the card away from him. “I think that’s cute!”

He stared at her with wide eyes. “You’re not… you’re not going to accept, are you?”

She shook her head. “I don’t think I have time to for a boyfriend.” she answered, but thought out the last part of her sentence. ‘Not unless it was you, Seungho.’

“Oh.” he said as he helped her put the remaining of her stuff into the locker, feeling the small box in his pocket getting heavier and heavier.


----

This was really long. So, I split it into two parts. Will be posting the next part in a minute. ;D