16: Late Nights

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

 

Seungri's POV

These past nights, I'd notice that Jae had been sneaking out at night around midnight and getting back three hours later. Of course, being her cousin, I'm seriously worried about what she's been doing. What if she got involved in that business... meaning she's... NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO! Stupid Seunghyun! She has very high moral values!

Still, she's like my twin sister; we'd always been on the same vibe, but these past nights, it's been completely gone. I don't understand why she's keeping secrets! Okay, she is twenty now and I need to learn how to out of some of her personal life, but still.

Wait, I hear the door opening. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I heard her sigh and she went to the closet and pulled out her pajamas to take a quick shower. In ten minutes, she was already under her blanket and fast asleep.

I quickly got up and looked at her. She really did seem very tired, but she's never the one to exercise, unless she's forced to by someone she respects. You would think that hyung and I would get her to go, but even if both we begged her to go to the gym with us, she would never go.

Well, call me a nosy panda, but I'm going to do some sneaking around. I went to her closet and looked through her dirty clothes, feeling that they were all slightly wet. I knew I was going to regret it a bit, but I took a sniff and only smelled the salty sweat. Holding out the clothes, I can see that it was her dance clothes. 

Yes, Jaehyun has two sets of clothing; one is normal wear and the second is for dancing only and she religiously keeps to that. If she's sick and needs help putting on clothes, if you happen to choose from the dancing clothes even if she's just going to the doctor, she'll bite your head off.

Back to the subject at hand, she's been dancing late at night? Is this the same Jaehyun that's loves sleep and would do anything to get some?

Well, I have to tell hyung about this when he comes in three days, but before he gets to kill me, I'll have to find out more about what she's been doing. Tomorrow! I'm following you, Jae!


Same as every other night, once the house was retired, she went out, fully dressed in her dance clothes. Though, she was a bit more dressed up for a practice like the previous nights. I saw her outfit while I was "sleeping;" white shorts, white tank top, black Converse and her lucky jacket. If you're wondering what it looks like, well, it's actually quite simple; a black jacket with gold lining. She only wears that for competitions.

"Good night, Seunghyun." she whispered. Sure, tell me you're leaving while I'm sleeping. "I'll be back in a little while, but if I get lucky, I might be home later." she giggled. 

I instantly had a spaz attack. WHAT THE BLOODY **** DO YOU MEAN BY GETTING "LUCKY"!? I really glad that I have great self-control or else I would have dragged her back and lock her in the room or something. Once I the heard the door close, I immediately got out of bed, grabbed my black long coat and followed her around. 

We got to this abandon factory and Jae entered it and went down the stairs that probably led to the basement or something. I followed carefully behind her, trying to stay in the shadows so that she wouldn't be able to see me. I heard music as I got further down and I saw that a bunch of people greeted Jaehyun once she was at the bottom of the stairs.

"It looks like our new champion is back in the place!" I heard someone shouted through a microphone. I went down the rest of the steps as I saw Jae jump on the little stage in the center of the room.

"Well, I have to defend my title." she said.

What I presume to be the DJ and the head of the whole thing laughed. "We have five groups, including J to compete tonight! But tonight's going to be a bit different! Not only will we have the normal dance battle, but from a special request, we're going to have a song battle after the normal battle! You guys," he pointed out to the audience, “will randomly choose two people from the all the people in the dance battle and those two will duke it out! ARE YOU GUYS READY!?" The crowd roared.

I stepped up to the center to get a closer look at everything, but seriously? This is where she goes every night? It's so obvious that she'll win every night. I watched as the first four groups competed. They were good, really good and these former champions that went before Jaehyun, they could really be something with their dance skills.

The thing that I noticed was that money was collected while each group was performing. I'm only guessing that the person who ends with the most money in the end wins all the money. So, if Jaehyun was champion and she has money... DOES THAT MEAN SHE'S MOVING OUT SOON!? NOOOOOOO!

I snapped out of it when Jaehyun stepped into the middle. She tossed a CD case to the DJ and he immediately put it on. Once the music started, she seemed like she lost herself to the music. I'd seen her dance so many times and this choreography is definitely something that I never saw before. They were all hip-moves with the addition to popping [its soooo common that she has that in there] and b-boying.

People around me are basically throwing their money to the collector and even he's having trouble getting it all. But it's too be expected that she would come up with something different each night and blow away everyone's minds; she IS my cousin/twin after all.

The song ended, which made me sad cause I really wanted to see her dance more, and it was so obvious that she won without even announcing it. Everybody knew cause the collector just came up and handed her all the cash he had. She grinned, stuffed the money in her backpack before putting it under the turn table again.

"Now! We're going to give you two minutes to pick any two people for the song battle!" shouted the DJ. 

Immediately I shouted "J!" and everyone else agreed with me. I guess this is what she meant about getting lucky. Sigh, I'm going to die of shock or worry because of her one day. 

They ended up choosing her and some guy that was from the previously champions' group. Really, I'm sure that if they weren't amazed at her skills, they would be totally angry with her for taking their title. The guy went first [why do you people always put her in last!?] and I'm one hundred percent sure that he was singing and dancing to Beast's Shock. You can create your own dances, but songs itself is a no?

But, he was very impressive. Then Jae gets on stage, DJ playing a song that I'm the only one that heard before because it's a song hyung composed for Jae and only Jae. Really, he composed with her a whole album and she helped to write most of the lyrics with him. Sigh. If only they weren't in America when they did it!

So, the song she's singing, it's mostly rap, which works perfectly for places like this, but there are long notes in it that only she can do. Let me tell you, the whole club place [whatever!] is all quiet, pretty much in shock and I'm grinning like a silly fool at this whole thing. Like I said, Jaehyun IS my cousin.

Once the song was over, she looked around the room since everyone was too quiet. "Was I bad?" she asked cutely, cocking her head to the side. Jaehyun! Stop being cute! You'll make more guys want you!!!

"No! You were amazing!" shouted someone. Everyone agreed. She grinned, happy that her performance was the best.

"Well, J really is the queen down here!" laughed the DJ as Jae got her winnings for this battle. 

She smiled and waved to everyone. "Night boys! Keep dancing!" she said, leaving the place.

OMO! She's going to die knowing that I would I wasn't in the house asleep! I tried my best to get back to the house before she could, but somehow she was able to beat me. Once she stepped into the house, I had to try to get through the windows, but before I could, the door opened again and she was staring at me. "Come in already. I knew you were following me the whole night." she said, stepping aside.

I sighed and stepped inside. "You did wonderful tonight?" I said, really hoping that she wasn't mad at me, but instead of hitting me like she usually does, she smiled.

"That's because I had my number one fan with me tonight!" she grinned then went into the room for a shower.

I watched her as she went into the room then smiled. Of course, I'm always her number one fan!


----


Ahhh... how did I go from 29 subscribers to 37!? I love you guys! TT^TT

And I would have updated this yesterday, the only thing was that I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD! OMO! XD;

Replies:
@butterfly555:
I seriously don't know who that guy is at the moment. XD; 
@carayuki: Updated~ Also, may I ask about the ".............." in your first comment? Was something wrong?
@kokojjang: I didn't even think about that when I wrote chapter 15. XD; But, just reading, there's sorta of a weird connection. lol
@lyssha: I'm so glad that you love this story! :D
@shirashi_fan67: LOL! Maybe I should lecture you when I get home then! :b

Also, to those silent readers, don't be afraid to comment! I don't bite! Unless you're an apple, then that's a different story! XDD

If there happens to be an idol or idol group you would like to appear in the story, just comment on it below. :)

Comment if you wish~ but more comments = quicker updates. :D