24: Who you really are

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

Jaehyun walked into the dressing room without even knocking since she wasn't paying any attention. She walked until she was able to sit down. She crossed her legs as she thought about where in the world she had met Doojoon beside early today and on TV.

"Unnie? Hello? UNNIE!

Jaehyun snapped out of her trance and stared at the members in front of her. "Miss A? How did I get here? I thought I was going to Youngbae oppa's dressing room."

"You walked in without knocking and sat down." said Fei.

"You must have a lot of things on your mind, unnie." commented Min.

Jaehyun frowned. "Probably." After a few seconds, she snapped her fingers as a sly grin formed on her face. "Min, I need your help."

"With what?"

"Exposing somebody."

Min smiled and replied in an instant. "I'm in."

"Ooo~ let me help too!" said Suzy.

Jaehyun smirked. "I can use all the help I can get."


"You know, when you asked us to help you expose somebody, I didn't know it would be like this." commented Min in a hush voice as the five girls were hiding behind equipment, watching G.NA prepare for her performance.

"Well, it's not as exciting as when we were young in America-" started Jaehyun but the younger girl cut her off.

"YAH! We're not that old unnie! Besides, you're OLDER than I am." retorted Min.

Jia hushed the bickering girls. "She's about to perform!"

Jaehyun nodded. "We only get one shot; so make this work!" The other girls nodded as the song started.

Kkeojeo julge jal ssara~

They watched in silent as G.NA performed the first part of her song without an difficulties and then came the rapping done by BEAST's leader, Doojoon. Though, it was different without Junhyung performing it, the rap was nicely delivered. As he finished the short wrap, he walked off stage and when he got in front of the girls, they jumped him with Jaehyun jumping on his back.

"GAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" yelled Doojoon as he tried to protect himself.

"I'm trying to get some answers!" she replied back as they dragged him into Miss A's dressing room. Getting him to sit down, Jaehyun proudly smiled. "Okay, you girls, good luck on stage! Now, go go go." She proceed to push them out then turn back to the guy in the room with her.

"Jae... what are you doing...?" he gulped as she slowly approach him.

She didn't say anything, instead she pulled out a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap and put them on her. She sighed. "I knew it...." she then frowned and hit him on the back of his head. "Yah! Why did you hide the fact that you were the DJ at the underground dance competitions!?"

Doojoon pulled off the sunglasses and cap. "I couldn't tell you. Hong Seung Sung-nim won't let me."

She blinked. "Hong Seung Sung-nim? The CEO of Cube Entertainment? What is that place really?"

"A way to scout raw talent without anyone knowing and Hong Seung Sung-nim is interested in you. He's surprise that someone with your talent, history and connections hasn't debuted yet." he answered then looked at her. "I was actually surprised too when I saw the file."

Jaehyun slightly smiled. "Yeah, I get around a lot. Hey, if he's interested in me, then what about the boys that used to be champions?"

"Cube trainees from the start."

Before she could question him any farther, someone started to loudly bang against the dressing room door. Immediately on instinct, Doojoon stood up and hid Jaehyun behind him to protect her. After a few more bangs the door opened and a guy came in. He looked around the room, a frown clearly on his face when he saw the two. "Jaehyun, what are you doing?" he asked as he crossed his arms.

Jaehyun peaked over Doojoon's shoulder and smiled. "Hey oppa~ I think he's protecting me from the crazy person at the door."

Doojoon knitted his eyebrows together. "You know him?" he asked, pointing at him.

He growled and pulled Jaehyun over to his side. "Of course she knows me! I'm her brother!"

She frowned as she rubbed her arms where he grabbed her. "Doojoon, meet my brother, Soohyun. Oppa, meet the DJ at the underground place, BEAST's leader Doojoon."

Soohyun blinked as he turned to her then to Doojoon. "He's the DJ?" He smiled. "Now that I know who he is, I can easily get him if anything happens to you."

Doojoon slightly smiled, felling that if anything did happen to her under his watch, Soohyun would most likely murder him. "Umm... so, you want to get going, Jae?"

"Oh right, I still have to practice." she sighed. "Well, see you later, oppa."

She was walking towards the door when Soohyun pulled her back by her hoodie. "Nah uh, where do you think you're going young lady? You leave and go practice when I leave."

She looked back at her brother then put up the hood, showing off the brown bear ears attached to the jacket. "One, you know who's taking care of me. Two, I really need to practice since these past three days I haven't. Three, don't you have to talk to SHINee's manager about composing the repackage songs or something?" she pouted. "Oppa~ I need to practice, unless you really want your baby sister to lose~"

Both guys bit their lips, unable to resist her aegyo. "Okay fine! But, I'm going to the competition tonight. Now, go so that I can talk to SHINee."

Jaehyun smiled and kissed her brother's cheek. "Thanks a lot, oppa!" She grabbed Doojoon's arm and ran out of the room, dragging him along. "So, how are we getting there, Doojoon?"

He raised an eyebrow. "'Doojoon'? Don't you mean 'Doojoon-ssi' or 'Doojoon-oppa'?"

She gave him a 'you're kidding me look.' "It's either Doojoon or DJ; your choice."

He sighed. "Fine, Doojoon is fine." He pulled out his keys and walked over to a small black car. "Come on; the boys are probably waiting."

She nodded, getting into the passenger seat of the car. They drove out of the parking lot, able to avoid any fans that could catch them. Jaehyun looked around the car and founded a jack that hooked up to the stereo system. She took out her own iPhone and plugged it in. 

"Yah! What are you doing!?" he asked as he turned to her since they were at a stop light.

She smirked. "You focus on the road, I'll worry about the music." she said as she randomly chose a song. In a few seconds, Love in the Ice by DBSK played. Jaehyun smiled as she looked out the window and sang along to the song.

Doojoon smiled as he drove, fully enjoying the live show he was able to get. Once that song ended, Oh Yeah by MBLAQ played, but she immediately skipped it. "Don't like MBLAQ?"

She shook her head. "That's not the reason." she muttered as BEAST's Bad Girl played, but this time she didn't sing along. It was like that for the next four songs before they were able to reach their destination. Jaehyun grabbed her phone and backpack and dashed into the building, kicking open the door to the place and startling the group of boys already there. They watched her as she scanned the room until her eyes found the empty spot she was hoping for. Immediately, she claimed the whole couch to herself and made herself comfortable.

"Yah!" shouted Doojoon as he walked into the room. "I thought you were going to practice."

"Yeah, after a well-deserved nap. I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I was with oppa."she said with a yawn. "I admit right now that I lied to my brother; I HAVE been practicing my routine these past few days. Now wake me up in an hour or two... preferably two... and a half. Night!"

And just like that, she fell asleep in front of them. The group of boys on the floor looked up. "Hyung, you told her?" one asked.

Doojoon scratched his head. "She figured it out cause we ran into each other at Inkigayo. Well, that means that you can get to know her better now since you'd been wanting to." he sighed. "Let me go get things set up and you guys can practice first. Oh, someone set an alarm for two and a half hours from now."


----


Haha, so Doojoon wasn't the past crush. ;P Sorry guys, but it wasn't going to be that simple. 

Though, I would give you a hint. The initials of his FIRST NAME ONLY is SH. Let's see who can guess it correctly. :D

Replies:
@shiraishi_fan67:
Nope~ Mir is younger than her~ ;P
@ikayewings: Haha who in their right mind wouldn't want to go to Inkigayo? :D
@confused_chimp: Don't forget she meet SHINee last chapter too. ;] Soohyun looks wicked? Sorry! It was so hard to find a smiling picture of him. -_-;
@winterflowr: Do they really? I know that people she haven't seen in a while does. TEEN TOP was an exception since they fanned her because of YouTube.
@MusicChibi: Who wouldn't love Kim Heechul? ;]

Wow~ that's the most replies that I got ever! :O

Note to silent readers: YOU NO APPLE! I NO XANDER! LOL Okay, there's nothing wrong with commenting, even if it is one or two words. :)

Still taking requests for other idol groups to appear in the story and if they are already on the list, you can still request them. That way I know who everyone wants to see sooner than later.

Also, taking ideas for any future love interests. ;D

Comment if you wish~ but more comments = quicker updates. :D