19: Christmas in July Part 1

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

It was the middle of summer; July to be exact. Many people were outside in shorts and t-shirts, hitting the beach to enjoy a nice day in the sun. However, that is not always the case for most people. In one particular house (dorm to be exact), a group of people were putting up Christmas decorations for a little something called Christmas in July.


The oven dinged and one of the guys in the house eagerly went to the oven to pull out the contents. When he reached for the gloves, a wooden spoon came down and almost hit his hand. The guy looked at girl staring him down with a glare and pout. "Just one cookie, Jae! Please! I haven't had your cookies in a long time!" he begged, but she kept glaring at him.

"Nichkhun, I love you; I really do, but... NO ONE TOUCHES MY COOKIES UNTIL I SAY THEY CAN!" She took the gloves away from him and pulled out the hot chocolate chip cookies from the oven. Nichkhun stared at the cookies, longing for one. Jaehyun placed the cookies on a cooling rack then took out the second batch. While her back was turned, he tried to take one of the cookies off the tray, only earning him a kick in the shins. 

"OW! JAEHYUN!" he shouted, holding his shin.

"I TOLD YOU! NO COOKIES UNTIL I SAY SO!"

"DO I SMELL JAE'S SPECIAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!?" They heard two voices shout then followed by a rush of footsteps. Both Seungri and Soohyun came up to the kitchen at the same time, staring in delight at the two trays of cookies in front of them. "THEY ARE~!"

They reached out to get some, only earning them smacks on their hands from the wooden spoon she had. "Why are you boys so eager for these cookies!? Geez! You three are such a child when it comes to my cookies!"

They all pouted, trying to win her over with their aegyo. "Because we love your cookies~ and we love you~"

She stared at them then pinched each of their cheeks. "I'd known you guys too long! That doesn't work on me~"

They rubbed their cheeks. "No need to pinch our cheeks though." muttered Soohyun.

Jaehyun smiled. "Min! You can roast the turkey now!" she shouted. 

Min came into the kitchen and took a deep breath. "Unnie, your cookies are always the best~ You have no idea how much I miss this smell!"

She patted her on the head. "You'll have to wait until tonight, as like the rest of the people!" she said, eying the three boys.

Nichkhun pouted. "Since when did you become so mean?"

"Every time around Christmas." answered Soohyun. "You never did spend a Christmas with us, have you Nichkhun?"

He shook his head. "Never did, hyung. Jae spent a Christmas with me and my family, but never the other way around."

"I kept telling you to spend it with my family, but then you moved to Korea before you could! You stupid Thai prince!" she pouted.

He hugged her. "Sorry~ But with me in Korea now and you here, we can spend as much time together~" he smiled and winked at her. After the wink, Seungri and Soohyun were between the two before anything could happen.

"You're not dating my sister, Nichkhun." said Soohyun as he glared at the Thai star. 

Nichkhun sweatdropped while Jaehyun sighed. "You're on your own defending yourself."

"Oh, thanks."

She smiled then pulled on her brother's arm. "Oppa! Let's put on the Christmas lights! I want it finished before dark!"

Soohyun chuckled. "Okay." he said while pulling Nichkhun along too by the collar. "You and your long legs are coming with us, Nichkhun."

He made some choking sounds while being dragged along. "Y-yes hyung!"

They went into the living room and Soohyun let go of Nichkhun before handing him a heavy box. "Carry that outside, will you? I have to go get the ladder."

"Hyung, this is heavy." said Nichkhun.

"Oppa, did you take all our Christmas lights from home here!?" asked Jaehyun, her eyes all sparkly from excitement. 

"Well, umma and appa will be here before Christmas, so why not take them over first?" he grinned.

She smiled. "I love you, oppa."

He chuckled and kissed her cheek. "I know you do and I love you too! We're not siblings for nothing."

She laughed. "Yeah! Two overly excited Christmas freaks that are making other people celebrate Christmas in July! Of course we're siblings!" 

"Can we go? This box is heavy!" said Nichkhun, spoiling their little sibling moment. "Hyung, how did you get this pass the weight check?"

Soohyun nervously chuckled. "I sorta didn't, but they were kind enough to let it pass!"

"I'm not going to ask, hyung." he said as he started walking towards the door. "Come on, Jae."

"Coming~" she replied as she ran towards the door and opened it for him. Once they were outside, he placed the box on the ground. She pulled out her keys and cut opened the tape on the box. She opened it and smiled. "These are all out favorite lights too." she said, smiling up at her friend.

He returned her smile with his own and bent down next to her. He gently pulled out strand of snowflakes lights and step them on the ground. "Your house was always the most decorated in the whole neighborhood."

She laughed. "Umma always loved going Christmas shopping after Christmas. We would stack our carts with so much Christmas lights and decorations that people would look at us like we're crazy."

He laughed with her. "I would not be surprised; your house is always so overly decorated!"

Jaehyun pouted. "Is that a bad thing?"

Nichkhun immediately shook his head. "No no no no no! There are a lot of decorations, but it's always beautifully done! Even my parents admit that your decorations are nicely done!"

She giggled. "Do you think we can do the same with this dorm?"

They turned and looked at the dorm. "Well," he started, "it won't be as beautiful as your house, but it'll still turn out nicely."

She smiled then looked around the neighborhood. "They're all going to think that we're crazy. OH WELL!" They laughed.

"What was the joke?" asked Soohyun as he came out holding a ladder with Taecyeon following behind him holding another box like Nichkhun's.

"Hyung, how much decoration did you bring back with you!?" asked Nichkhun as he stared wide-eyed at the box his fellow band mate was holding.

"I told you that I bought over all our decorations so that umma and appa didn't have to take it when they come over in a couple of months!" he answered. "I always brought over a lot of other stuff that I need to bring to Aunty's house whenever I get a chance."

"Hey hyung, how long are you staying at BIGBANG's dorm?" asked Taecyeon.

"Only for four days, counting today, then I'm moving into my new apartment." Soohyun answered as he opened the box Taecyeon placed down. "Nichkhun, start by hanging those snowflakes around the window. Taec, you hang some lights around the door. Jaehyun, you start with the gate and don't miss a bar."

"YES SIR!" They chorused and got to work while Soohyun placed the ladder on the side and started hanging up the lights on the roof.

As the four worked hard on decorating the dorm, a lot of people who passed the dorm looked at them all weirdly. None of them were recognized even though Nichkhun and Taecyeon wasn't wearing any disguises, but it was mostly that people thought that the two weren't that crazy to be putting Christmas lights up in the middle of July. 

After three long hours of decorating the front yard of the dorm, the group sat down and breathed out in relief that they were completely done. Soohyun smiled. "Now, we just have to wait until it's dark enough to turn on the lights."

The other three smiled back at him. "I know it's going to look lovely, oppa!" Jaehyun grinned as she got up and wiped the sweat off her brow. "I'm going back in the dorm cause the AC is on in there." she said, walking towards the door. Once she stepped inside, she paused and stared at the living room in awe. Not all the decorations are up yet, but so far, the inside was beautifully decorated with the stockings hanging on the mantle, the Christmas tree in the corner is set out with all the lights on and had all the ornaments on. "It's like stepping into a Christmas picture book." she said.

Junho smiled at her. "It looks nice, right? We're about spray on the fake snow onto the tree and windows."

"Shouldn't you have done that before putting on the ornaments?" asked Nichkhun as the three boys came into the dorm.

"Well, it looks nicer when there's snow on the ornaments too." answered G-Dragon as he shook his can.

"Yeah, we always did it like this and it always turns out nice." added TOP.

Jaehyun smiled. "This is going to be a great Christmas."

"Christmas in July, Jae. Christmas in July." corrected Seungri.

"No matter how you look at it, it's still Christmas, Seunghyun."


----


I'm in a Christmas mood [you can already guess that LOL]. I don't know, every year, once it's December, even after Thanksgiving, I'm in a Christmas mood! XD; Soo... I'm doing the Christmas arc here even when it's only July in the story. LOL I just LOVE Christmas, don't you guys?

And you know JYP Nation's song, This Christmas? I'd seen the video for that... too many times to count and listened to the song over 100 times, 119 times to be exact. 8D Like I said, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Replies:
@shiraishi_fan67: LOL You really think that I would do that during the summer??? Okay, I'm probably crazy enough to do it. XD
@butterfly555: He really is. lol I always wanted an older brother like him. :D Overprotective, but still so childish!
@xJustUrAsianGirlx: I never became an excuse before. XD; I'll keep updating as much as I can.
@lyssah: Of course~! As long as there are presents and the whole loving spirit of Christmas then celebrating it in July is no big deal! XD; LOL Okay, you're an apple... well... you'd been commenting so I can't bite my commenter! :D
@yupthatsme: Thanks for taking the time to comment~ :D I'm glad that you like the story so far!

And then you know the usual:

To those silent readers, don't be afraid to comment! I don't bite! Unless you're an apple, then that's a different story! XDD

If there happens to be an idol or idol group you would like to appear in the story, just comment on it below. :)

Comment if you wish~ but more comments = quicker updates. :D