25: The Dance Battle

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

Jaehyun yawned as she looked through her closet from something to wear. Soohyun walked in and fell on the bed. "Had a good nap?" he asked as he took off his sunglasses.

She giggled. "Yes, I did, but I did practice too." she answered. She pulled out a black tank top, but shook her head and put it back in. "How did the meeting with SHINee go?'

"The group was really excited about me working with them after finding out that I'm your brother." he chuckled. "Then Heechul hyung had this whole talk with me that you should debut under SM and such."

"Right, you're younger than hyung." she commented as she pulled out a long t-shirt. Again, she shook her head and placed it back. "You have any plans tomorrow?"

At her question, Soohyun became rigid. "Well, sort of...."

She stopped looking at the clothes in front of her and turned to her brother. "What plans do you have?"

He sighed as he sat up. "I have to meet another group about composing for them. The news about my return to Korea spreads like wildfire." he chuckled.

"What other group are you composing for, oppa? Do you need me to come with you?"

He shook his head. "No. Don't worry about it; you probably have other plans already."

"Oppa, I don't have any plans, hence why I asked you." she sighed then turned back to her clothes. "Fine, I'll just think of something else to do tomorrow." She looked a bit longer in her closet before pulling out her white v-neck, black vest and black shorts. "I guess I'll go with a some-what classical style tonight."

Soohyun chuckled. "You need to go shopping don't you?" 

She giggled. "Yeah, but I'm going shopping with Miss A that day after tomorrow." she said as she stepped into the bathroom.

He shook his head. "That girl." His eyes wondered around the room and then landed on the bookshelf that had all of their CD collection. He sat down in front of them and looked at where most of their money went. He glided his hand over the spine of the CDs. "2AM, 2NE1, 2PM, BEAST, Bi, BIGBANG, BoA, Brown Eyed Girls, F.Cuz... huh, she hasn't got G.NA's debut single; I have to get that for her later." He continued to look over all of them then sighed. "I have to get her a lot of new CDs." He turned towards the door when she came out. "Hey, why haven't you finished unpacking all the CDs?"

She pointed to the large cardboard box in the corner. "Cause we buy too much and I still have three-fourth that box left of CDs and another medium size box full of concert DVDs."

"Not my fault that you and umma are so obsessive." he shrugged.

"WHAT!? Me and umma!? What about you oppa!? You have EVERY girl groups' CDs known to man! Every time we ordered something online, it has some of your stuff too!" she exclaimed. "Besides, I'm not the only one that listens to those; you do too." She walked into her closet and grabbed her black fedora hat and gloves. "Let's go; I don't want to be late." she said as she walked out of the room.

Soohyun followed her and they left the dorm together and walked to the subway. "Hey, let me see your phone." he asked as he held his hand out. Jaehyun gave it to him without any second thoughts. Along the way, he just asked her some random questions and she answered back, not really caring about what he was asking her and he knew that she wasn't fully paying attention to him since she was probably just thinking about tonight.

She led him to the warehouse and walked in. He looked around and saw that they were still early since none of the spectators were there. "Noona!" yelled some boys as they ran to her and hugged her.

Jaehyun laughed. "I just saw you guys two hours ago! Oppa, these are some of Cube trainees." 

"Annyeong~" them beamed.

"They were the former champions of this place before I came in."

"OH! Noona, hyung wants to see you; something about your track for the night." said one of the boys.

She nodded and left Soohyun with the boys, but he excused himself once his phone rang.


The crowd cheers as the boys showed off their new steps, all with the help of one person. They grinned as the crowd cheered for them more than they did for the past couple of nights. Jaehyun high-fived all the members as they passed her. Soohyun smiled as he watched his sister. "Go get them, Jae! Hwaiting!"

Jaehyun smiled but the smile disappeared into a serious face as she got out there. She tossed her CD case at Doojoon and he caught it like a breeze. Again, it was a remix that was made by none other than her brother and he couldn't help but smile whenever she uses him music. She pulled down her gloves as the music started and she delivered a flawless performance like always, but this time it had a Michael Jackson feel to it.

Like the past competitions, she had won again which wasn't surprising to anyone anymore, but people still came to see her. 'And more people will see you when you become big, Jae.' he thought as she walked backstage. He pulled her into a hug. "Good job out there. I'm glad to know that your dancing isn't rusty."

She smiled. "Oppa, you know that if I failed at dancing, I wouldn't have anything in life."

"Yah, you have me." he said as he pulled her cheeks.

"YAH! Oppa that hurts!" she whined but he didn't let go. 

As Soohyun continued to pinch his sister's cheeks, someone put her hat on for her. "You forget about this." commented Doojoon.

"Oh right, it fell off during my flip." she said as she rubbed her sore red cheeks.

Doojoon smiled. "Hey, stop by Cube whenever you have a chance. Hong Seung Sung-nim wants to talk to you and I'm sure you probably would like meeting the other members of BEAST."

"Well, I'm free tomorrow, if that's okay." she replied. "But, do you mind picking me up though?"

He shook his head. "That's no problem. I'll be there seven sharp."

She made a face. "Crazy idols with their early mornings." she muttered as she pushed Soohyun towards the door. "We're leaving. Later boys!"


The next day, Jaehyun was gone before Soohyun got up. He sighed as he looked himself over in the mirror. His taxi won't be coming for another hour before he had to meet with his clients today. He sighed again, as he mentally prepared himself for the day. He decided to dress a bit formal, seeing that he was attending a business meeting. "Just a dress-shirt and khakis; that should be good for now."

He walked out of the dorm with his backpack and as expected, the taxi was right on time. Soohyun really hoped he wasn't late for his meeting, seeing as to there was only one person in the room currently beside him. "Am I late, hyung?" he asked.

The older guy smiled. "Not at all. Come sit." Soohyun nodded and situated himself across the table from him. "When they said that they didn't want me to fully work on their album with them, I have to admit, I was a bit saddened."

Soohyun chuckled. "I would feel the same way if my sister ever got someone else to compose her songs."

He smiled. "They recommended you and I would too, after seeing all the hits that you'd composed."

"It's really nothing."

"Well, I'll say this right now; they're a bit... indecisive about their first album. You'll probably be seeing them a lot when working on this."

"That's no problem, hyung." commented Soohyun. "But, you have to understand that I'm also composing for others right now as well. I don't know exactly how my schedule will be."

He nodded. "That's fine. Just call me whenever you find out and we'll work something out."

"Okay."

"Well, you can begin working with them today. They probably just got here. So, check the locker rooms first; right down the hall."

Soohyun nodded and stood up, bowing to him before leaving. He walked down the hall but stopped when he saw a figure lending against the wall. The figure looked at him and smiled. "Hyung, it's been a while."

He nodded to the younger male. "It really has been. I haven't seen you since we moved to the US."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine; you?"

"I'm doing well." There was a pause as the two didn't say anything else. After a while, he spoke up again. "... how is she...? ...how is Jaehyun...?"


----


AHAHA I just post chapter 24 last night and when I woke up, I received like... 7 comments while I was sleeping! Granted, I didn't wake up until 1PM. -_-;

SO, a lot of people are thinking alike. So far I have 4 guesses for Yang Seungho from MBLAQ and 1 guess for Park Sanghyun aka Cheondoong from MBLAQ. Any more guesses people? ;P

Saa... I wonder who he is!? Too bad Soohyun never said his name! LOL

Replies:
@Proudtobeanasiangirl:
We'll see sooner or later if you're right. ;P
@butterfly555: Yup, he was BUSTED. LOL
@lyssah: :O My apple! XD; And I don't like apples that much either. ^^; LOL Don't worry, I do the same whenever I see him. XD; And that's been often since I keep looking at my BLAQ Style CD. ;D
@ikayewings: We'll have to see~ ;D
@confused_chimp: You really think it's getting better and better? :O Thanks~ <3
@shiraishi_fan67: If they were BEAST, she wouldn't have gone to sleep. ;P I mean, I wouldn't if the BEAST were all in front of me.
@MusicChibi: That's where the idea came from. XD; You serious!? I thought I was the only one that napped for two and half hours! xD
@ilovpocky93: Umm.. I don't know. XD; We'll both wait and see who the guy is! :D

I'm so happy. I keep getting more comments. :D I love comments~ <3 and I love my commentors~<3

To you readers, I'll make you guys a deal. If I can get at least 14 comments on any chapter from now and until February 13, I'll:
ONE, reveal the mysterious guy AND
TWO, I'll post a chapter of the guy's and Jae's history together on Valentine's Day.

So, say that this chapter, chapter 25, gets 14 comments before chapter 26, then he will be revealed in that chapter or chapter 27. :)

Okay, I'm rewriting my note to the silent readers cause I don't like apples as much as people think I do. XD; I won't be upset if you happen to write a negative comment about my story; it just means that I need to improve. Also, I don't bite. I'm all bark and no bite. I'll only bite if you happen to be made of... CHOCOLATE! :DD

Still taking requests for other idol groups to appear in the story and if they are already on the list, you can still request them. That way I know who everyone wants to see sooner than later.

Also, taking ideas for any future love interests. ;D

Comment if you wish~ but more comments = quicker updates. :D