26: Cube Entertainment

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

It was early in the morning as she was in the backseat of Doojoon's car since somebody wouldn't give her the front seat, but she didn't care cause she was lying down in the back. Doojoon glanced back at her through the mirror. "Yah, don't fall asleep on me."

The other guy looked back too. "I should have taken the backseat if I could have sleep!"

Jaehyun slightly smiled. "Not my fault you wouldn't give up the front seat, Yoseob."

"We're not that far from Cube, you know?" asked Yoseob.

"Too tired to think."

"What time did you go to bed?" asked Doojoon.

"Around... five?" she yawned.

"What!? Two hours of sleep!?"

"That's why I want to sleep now!"

"What were you doing last night?"

"Writing lyrics." She closed her eyes, but before she could fall asleep, Doojoon stopped the car. "We're here!?" she whined as she fumbled with her seatbelt. She stepped out of the car and looped her arm with Doojoon and Yoseob. They looked down at her confused. "Too tired to walk by myself."

They chuckled and Doojoon gently pushed her forward, but immediately grabbed her when she almost fell forward. "You're not kidding, are you?" he asked and she shook her head.

"Don't worry!" smiled Yoseob. "There's a very comfortable couch in the training room! You can sleep there for a while!"

Jaehyun slightly smiled. "That sounds nice."

They walked into the building and directly into the training room. Once she saw the couch, she jumped on it, not really caring that someone was already on it. "Yah! How can you bring a crazy fangirl in here!?" screamed a guy as he tried to get her off of him. 

Jaehyun grunted as she tried to stay on the couch and in the end, she was able to dominate and pushed him off the couch. "Stay off my couch, punk." she said then comfortably laid down and fell asleep.

The guy who was on the couch blinked. "What's with her?" he asked as he got up.

Doojoon shrugged. "She's just tired. Let her sleep for a few hours first. Come on, we need to practice first anyway." he said as he and Yoseob went to change into their practice clothes.

The others crowded around Jaehyun, trying to see who she really was, but they weren't able to recognize her at her. "Why would hyung bring a random girl here?" asked their foreign-looking maknae, Dongwoon.

The one that a sleepy Jaehyun dubbed as "punk" shrugged. "I don't know, but you have to admit, she's cute." he said as he rubbed his hands together.

"Kikwang, don't scare her when she wakes up." another said. "Though, I have to say she looks vaguely familiar." he scratched his head.

"Well, I really won't be surprise if Hyunseung recognizes her." commented Doojoon as he and Yoseob walked out.

Hyunseung pointed to himself. "So, I do know her?"

"Well, if you think about your trainee days at YG then you should."

He blinked then looked back down at the sleeping girl. After thinking about it, his mouth dropped. "Lee Jaehyun! Ahh! Seunghyun's cousin! I can't believe she's here!"

"Jaehyun?" repeated Junhyung. "Ahh, she's that dancer you were talking about."

"Ahh, she's that girl!" grinned Kikwang.

Hyunseung glared at him. "Stay from her!"

"What? Why!?"

"You would most likely scare her away." commented Yoseob.

"I will not!" he defended and the whole got in a whole argument. They continued to argue and didn't notice that Jaehyun sat up from the couch and was glaring at them. She took one of the pillows and smacked each one of them on the head. 

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" they yelled at her, but she continued to glare at them.

"When someone is sleeping, you have to BE QUIET!" she yelled then smacked them again. She sat down on the couch with her legs and arms crossed since she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anyway.

"Sorry." they said.

She sighed then grabbed her backpack. "Where can I change?" she asked.

"Why?" asked Dongwoon.

She gave them a 'you-got-to-be-kidding-me' look. "If I'm in a practice room, I'm not just going to sit back and watch others practice."

"Um, just change in there." pointed Hyunseung. "We'll guard it. Well, I'll guard it."

Jaehyun smiled. "Hyunseung, you were always my most favorite."

"YAH! What about me!?" asked Doojoon as Hyunseung stuck his tongue out at everyone.

She shook her head then went into the room. After a few minutes, she walked out in her practice clothes with her hair tied up. "So, what are we dancing to?"

"Well, we were going to practice Shock then the choreographer will be coming in later." answered Yoseob.

"Oh. Are you guys having a comeback soon? I need new BEAST songs!" she pouted.

Kikwang chuckled and draped his arm over her shoulders. "Don't worry; we'll be back some time in September." he said with a wink and immediately Hyunseung pulled him away from her.

She giggled. "Hyunseung, you're slower than Seunghyun. Anyway, can I dance with you?"

He smiled. "Do you still remember our routine?"

She rolled her eyes. "Please, do you still remember it?"

They high-fived each other then cleared the area. Hyunseung plugged in her iPhone and searched for their track. "Aww, that's so cute~ You still have our song!"

Jaehyun scoffed. "Because you were soooo special to me." she smirked.

The two got into positions and once the song started, the rest of BEAST were in awed even when they all saw Hyunseung danced before and Doojoon had seen them both. When the song ended, they were holding hands and grinning at each other. They heard someone clapping and everyone turned their heads towards the door. Immediately, the boys all got up and bowed to him. "Hong Seung Sung-nim!" they chorused and Jaehyun bowed after them.

"I'm surprised to see you here, Lee Jaehyun, but I'm glad; I'd been wanting to talk to you for a while." he said with a smile.

"Erm, that's nice to hear, sir." she said.

"Do you mind coming with me for a couple of minutes?" She shook her head and followed him to his office. "Have a seat." She did as she was told. "I was very surprise after seeing your file and skills. Vocals are good, dancing is excellent."

"Thank you, Hong Seung Sung-nim." she commented, feeling her cheeks become warm.

"I was wondering about this from when I first saw you; would you like to become a Cube trainee?"

She blinked. "Train... at... Cube...?" He nodded. "Honestly, I know that others would jump at the offer without a second thought, but I have to think about this first before anything."

"That's understandable." he commented then gave her a card. "Just call me when you decide."

She stood up and took the card then left the office after bowing to him. She walked back into the room to watch the boys train and maybe learn some of their new choreography while she was there. 

Doojoon didn't take her back to the dorm until late at night mostly it took a while for the boys to decide on who got to go with her. In the end, she only picked Yoseob and Hyunseung. When she finally got to the dorm, Hyunseung hugged her tightly and didn't want her to leave since he hadn't seen her in years. Eventually, Yoseob was able to pull him off of her.

She stood at the door and waved as they drove off into the night. She sighed and she opened the door and walked in. "You're home late." Jaehyun looked up and saw her brother standing there.

"Sorry, Hyunseung didn't want to let me go." she said. "Oh, he said 'hi.'" Soohyun smiled. "How was work?"

He shrugged. "Same old, same old. I definitely like composing for you better."

She giggled. "Because you and Seunghyun know me better than anyone else."

'We're not the only ones.' he thought.


----


Will be posting Chapter 27 in a minute. :)