22: Christmas in July [part 2 of] Part 3

OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life!

Kiseop and Jaehyun sat on the couch together, her legs tucked up underneath her, his arm over her shoulders. They smiled fondly at each other as they caught up on events. While they happily chatted, three [maybe more] were giving them piercing stares, but they didn't even realized it since they only paid attention to the person beside them.

The rest of the house were in the dining room, some of them were making Christmas cards and drawings. Soohyun frowned and dropped his pencil. "What's the story between those two?" he asked. "I thought they were just friends."

"They are." answered Dongho as he lazily glanced at the couple. "They don't go beyond that."

"Even though it's so obvious that they're attracted to each other." stated Xander as he reached for a green marker.

"Hyung, what is that?" asked Kibum as he glanced at the leader's paper.

"It's a Christmas tree!" he grinned as he held up his incomplete drawing.

"It looks more like an upside-down radish." stated Eli with a smirk.

"With polka-dots." added Kevin.

"Yah! You guys are so mean!" pouted Xander. "What happened to the O brothers!?" They all laughed, but Seungri stopped them.

"Okay! But what's up with that!?" asked Seungri.

"Well, she's obviously Kiseop bias." replied Dongho. "What more do you want to know? She won't date him."

"How do you know?" asked Junho.

"She always says-" started U-Kiss's Soohyun, but he was interrupted by Kevin. "With regret in her voice."

"'If only you weren't an idol, then I would date you.'" continued all of U-Kiss minus Kiseop who's attention was only on Jaehyun.

"When does she ever say that?" asked Seungri.

Eli held up one finger and pointed to the couple. Everyone watched the couple for a few moments then Jaehyun sadly looked at the one month younger man beside her and with a sad smile she said, "If only you weren't an idol, then I would date you, Kiseop."

He smiled and kissed her on her forehead. "I know, Jae. I know."

"If that doesn't scream that they are attracted to each other, then I don't know what!" said Xander with a goofy smile.

"She won't date idols?" asked Nichkhun, a bit sadden after learning this.

"It's not that." said Kevin. "Hyung, you should know better than anyone that Jaehyun is afraid of dating anyone."

Soohyun made a face as he wrapped his head around what Kevin just said and when he finally understood, he sadly looked at his sister. "I understand now."

"Understand what?" asked Chansung.

"Before moving to the States, Jaehyun had this big crush on a guy that was her senior by a few years. Yeah, they hung out a little and such, but it wasn't much of a deal. She decided to confess to him, but he harshly turned her down." Soohyun shook his head. "She was devastated, but she got better after meeting Nichkhun."

"Me?" asked Nichkhun as he pointed to himself then looked over to her. "Who could reject someone like her?"

"Some idiot." snarled Soohyun. "The thing is, she will run into him one day in this world of idols and I don't know if she's ready for him or not."


The doorbell rang and Jaehyun excused herself to get the door. She opened the door and smile, greeting the guests. "2AM oppas! Nice to see you again! And Junsu and Wooyoung! It's so nice to finally meet you!"

The group smiled in returned but before anyone could say anything, Jo Kwon led her into the dorm with his arm over her shoulder. "I told you to call me so that we could make plans to see each other." he complained then turned to the side with a smacking sound. "I guess you really don't want to hang out with me."

Jaehyun giggled. "Sorry about that, oppa. I'd just been pretty busy here and there."

"So busy you can't spare me a few hours?" he asked, acting a bit hurt.

"Well, I'm trying to save up enough money to rent an apartment near here so that I don't burden BIGBANG too much." answered Jaehyun. "I have to get back tomorrow afternoon though."

"What are you doing?" asked Soohyun as he walked out of the dining room.

Jaehyun became a bit shock that her brother asked her that since she was hoping to tell him much much MUCH later. "Well," she started, fiddling with the hem of her dress, "it involves dancing."

Soohyun raised an eyebrow at her while everyone watched them. "What do you do?"

"Dance!"

"Like what?"

"She's an underground dancer, hyung." answered Seungri carelessly.

"WHAT!?"

Jaehyun facepalmed as everyone stared at her; she could feel her body heat increase. "Not like that! I compete in underground dance battles!"

Everyone turned to Seungri to make sure the info was true and he vigorously nodded. Soohyun released his breath. "Nothing bad?"

She shook her head. "Not at all. If you want, you can meet the DJ that is in charge."

"Okay, will do. Are these competitions fair?"

"Yup, I win all the time."

He stared at her. "Is that really fair?"

"Hyung, she's the best there." replied Seungri.

"Okay, just don't do anything dangerous." Soohyun warned and she nodded. He motioned for everyone to come in and enjoy themselves since they won't be eating until the rest of the Miss A arrives. Jaehyun decided to join Min in the kitchen while she reheated the turkey and other dishes.

"Unnie." Min called out as she stirred the pot.

"Hm?"

"Why did you decide to come back to Korea now?" she asked.

Jaehyun glanced at the younger then sighed and led back against the fridge. "I liked America. It was definitely a different experience of Korea, but I missed Korea. I missed my dorky cousin and my aunts and uncles. I missed my friends who happened to be here." 'I also missed him.' she thought, but wouldn't say it out loud.

"I'm glad you came; talking to you on the phone isn't the same as in person." she chuckled.

Jaehyun smiled, but she couldn't help but felt her heart uneasy when he flashed into her mind.

Everyone did little stuff and by 8:30, the girls had arrived. The first set plan was to introduce Jaehyun to the rest of the Miss A. Immediately, the girls got along quite well, even when it was their first meeting; Jaehyun and Miss A even made plans to go shopping together.

Next, of course, was to enjoy the meal and desserts that Jaehyun and Min spent most of the morning preparing. Chansung ended up eating most of the turkey, but by the time it came to the desserts, he wasn't even able to take a bit of his little Chansung gingerbread man. Actually, no one dared to eat their cookie twin. Well, except for Jaehyun and Soohyun; they just ate it without thinking about anything.

Then, it was what many people looked forward to, opening presents from Old Saint Soohyun. "Okay, this is how presents work, all the presents are to be opened one at a time." explained Soohyun.

"Won't that take a while, hyung?" asked Junsu.

"Yeah, but we need to digest first before we can play games and such before wrapping up for the night." answered Jaehyun.

Soohyun nodded. "Right. I get to choose the first person then that person chooses the next and so on and so forth." Everyone nodded. "Okay, Jaehyun, go find your present." he grinned, stepping out of the way.

She sighed. "The biggest obstacle, finding it." she muttered as she crawled towards the tree. After moving a couple of presents out of the way, she finally found it. It was a small case, probably a CD case, wrapped up in navy wrapping paper. She looked over it and then carefully teared off the paper.

"Noona, you're not saving the paper." said Dongho as he took her present and quickly unwrapped it.

Jaehyun pouted. "I wasn't going to save the paper." She took the CD and looked at it, trying to see what was on it, but there was no writing on it. "What is this, oppa?"

"Your debut/audition CD; you just need to write the lyrics to all 15 songs then sing it then we can send it in to different companies."

"So basically, my album. What about the one we did in the States?" she asked.

"That was for practice; this is the real thing Jae." answered Soohyun with a smile.

She looked down at the CD and a smile formed on her face. "Okay oppa, I'll start working on it tonight, but first, Dongho, go find your present."


---


Anyone missed me? xP

Sorry about the delayed comeback. ._.; Good news, I finished Dancing in the Rain. Bad news, I'm half way done with chapter 2 of Baby Don't Cry For Me. :(

So, yeah. But I will be updating this again. :D

Oh! Anyone has ideas about who Jaehyun's first crush was? ;P

Comment if you missed me~ LOL