Chapter 77: “Beautiful Devil’s Advocates”

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Chapter 77:

“Beautiful Devil’s Advocates”

CONTINUING FROM “Patience” CHAPTER…

My mind and soul is tired. In fact, it is exhausted like it has been running hundreds of miles without halt. I am in my 3rd bottle of soju and yet my mind still lingers of Hae Jin’s last image wherein she ran away from me while crying.

Here I thought I would never make her cry and yet I did again… before I can continue my wayward thoughts ----

(Author: A familiar figure stands before him with a seemingly warm smile)

JH: Why are you here?

??  : You always come here when you are upset. You see despite of what you think of me, I still care for you.

JH: Feelings not mutual. Leave me alone. (Giving the other person his cold treatment)

?? : Am I a stranger to you now? I am just here to cheer you up. (Sitting down and trying to reach Ji Hoo’s hand)

JH: Don’t. (Pulling his hand away) Min Seo Hyun…

SH: What? (Answers immediately as soon as she realizes JH retracting from her touch)

JH:  Just leave me alone (JH attempts to stand up but instead falls forward)

SH: Ji Hoo! (She catches the falling Ji Hoo)

(Author: The next thing they know, JH is in the car drunk and his Ex-GF driving)

SH: Don’t worry I am here and not her. I will take care of you. (Caressing JH’s cheeks as she puts the car into gear)

MEANWHILE…

**I might look like a stupid-puppy right now staring at her eating… I can’t concentrate as it is my first time looking at her care free face compared from her expression earlier. She is wearing one of my shirts and cap as I insisted coz someone might recognize her.

Suddenly… She stares at me.

Hae Jin: Oppa? Weoyo?

Me: Oh, nothing. It’s good to see you not crying anymore.

Hae Jin: What can I do? I don’t even know what to say…

Me: I suddenly remembered something…

Hae Jin: Huh? What is that?

Me: I don’t know if you still remember…

FLASHBACK: 10 years ago…

Jae Hyun Narrating: “It was a beautiful day and the rain jut stopped. I can vaguely remember my mother bringing me to your family’s villa. I was a quiet and not a care of the world – then I stood smiling to a girl who was having fun by herself…”

“You looked so carefree while twirling in your garden and was drawing something…”

“Then you promised… you will draw me.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Hae Jin: Right. I remember (then she giggles) would you like me to do it now?

Jae Hyun: What? Like right now?

Hae Jin: Yeah. Wait (then she hurriedly asked for a blank paper and pencil from a group of students behind us eating too)

Jae Hyun: You don’t have to do it like right now…

Hae Jin: I want to… (She smiles brightly as she starts to measure my face for her draft)

**And just like that her stillness while drawing me allows me to stare at her with no burden or question. I could be the most despicable person right now, but I do not care.

Jae Hyun: Hae Jin- ah…

Hae Jin: Huh? (She stares up and looks into my eyes)

Jae Hyun: Let’s go out

Hae Jin: Like right now? (But I am still drawing you and we are not finish eating yet)

Jae Hyun: No… what I mean is… Let’s date (Without blinking or stop, I blurt it out)

**It felt like forever as she stares at me – felt like eternity as she seems to contemplate how she will respond.

Hae Jin: Oppa… (She put down the pencil and looks at her intertwined hands – **Am I getting rejected… again?) I’m engaged. To Ji Hoo.

Jae Hyun: The guy who lied to you

Hae Jin: Yes, but --- (I cut her off)

Jae Hyun: Don’t say no. not now. Not yet. Think about it – don’t feel pressured. Let me take care of you for now…

**She just stares at me – and to put her out of misery

Jae Hyun: Besides, we haven’t gotten to desert yet! (I exclaimed trying to lift her mood up and then she smiles)

**After our sumptuous meal – we talked more for a bit

Hae Jin: There you go… I made your hair a bit shorter though hehe (she hands over the paper and I stared at her sketch of me)

Jae Hyun: You are quiet talented Hae Jin-ah

Hae Jin: Aniya – my skills are still not there yet. (then she seems to look so bothered)

Jae Hyun: Something in your mind?

Hae Jin: I was thinking… maybe I should call someone or anyone making sure they are not scouring the whole seoul for me.

Jae Hyun: Hmmm… (Then I received a text) – Yeah go ahead.

**She stands up and excuses herself for a bit – after about 15mins.

Jae Hyun: Hae Jin-ah, gwenchana? (Frantically asking to the girl who is sobbing as she approaches me)

Hae Jin: I want to go now…

Jae Hyun: Sure – let’s go (Taking her hand we leave the restaurant)

 

 Outside of Brera Italian Restaurant

“Aigoo. Why is this beautiful girl crying?”- A warm voice caught Ga Eul’s attention as she looks up…

“II-Hyun-Sshii” – Gae Eul stands up abruptly as she stares at Yi Jeong’s estranged older brother.

“Is everything okay? Is Yi jeong with you? – II-Hyun asks as he stares at the sad Ga Eul

“He is busy at his new project I was just a bit exhausted that’s all” – Ga Eul dodges the probing questions

“Why don’t we go inside – this seems to be a decent place for a quick coffee. How bout that?” – II-Hyun offers his hand to Ga Eul as they go back inside the Italian restaurant…

The next half hour they talked about how is Eun Jae (Yi Jeong’s Ex and II-Hyun’s partner now) and they talked about her situation with Yi Jeong.

“Do excuse my brother for being an and insensitive sometimes… Ga Eul-ah”-II-Hyun calls Ga Eul’s attention as she stares at her fingers while fidgeting them

“His heart is pure and it is always in the right place…”-II-Hyun smiles warmly as he stands up and bids farewell to Ga Eul – but before she can also leave

“Annyeong!”- The same guy who bump into Ga Eul appears in front of him

“Who are you? Are you following me?!”- Ga Eul immediately shouts at the guy but before he could answer

“Oh! Chef – This is Ms. Chu Ga Eul she was supposed to meet with you earlier?” – The formal look-alike assistant that Ga Eul met magically appears beside them

“Oh! So you are her… Apologies and welcome to my restaurant!” – The good looking but play boy attitude guy welcome’s her

“You’re the head chef?”- Ga Eul stutters as she asks and blushes wildly

“Yep and the owner” – Boastfully answers

“Let me formally introduce myself – Jae Rim. I go by Jae Rim only” – He offers his hand and Ga Eul reluctantly takes his hand to shake it.

“So shall we start discussing why you are here today?” – Jae Rim offers to sit down to talk about his supposedly appointment with Ga Eul earlier.

“Oh! Of course!” – Ga Eul returns to her seat and they start talking about the details of Jan Di’s wedding

**At that moment Ga Eul did not realize that someone is calling her phone but it was vibrate mode.

WHEN HAE JIN STEPPED OUT TO CALL JI HOO

“I wonder if he is already asleep” – Hae Jin scratches her head while calling Ji Hoo but no answer. She then attempts to send a message to him – but after few mins. Waiting…

The response made her breakdown and cry.

She runs back inside the restaurant and barely speaks to Jae Hyun…

BACK AT JI HOO’s HOUSE

“She will surely not go back to you” – Seo Hyun’s menacing voice echoes thru the night as she sits in front of the vanity mirror next to sleeping Ji Hoo…

TO BE CONTINUED…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Annyeong everyone! Thank you for your infinite support! I have been gone like forever!

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce actor Song Jae Rim as our additional character!

If I see many comments and reactions to this chapter. I might update again within the week! Been so caught up with work.

I hope you are all still there…

Aja! Still Humble-Goody2shoes here ^_^