Covering-Up What's There

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

 

Note: Thank you for the out pouring support for this FF!! you guys are so awesome!!! =* xoxo love lots!!

 

 

Chapter 12: Covering-Up What’s There

 

When I got back inside the club I saw Hae Jin trying to stand straight…

 

“I win, give me the scarf”-Hae Jin speaking in a drunken way

“Hahaha, no”-The guy who’s obviously drunk fell from the table to the floor… and the other guys were obviously wasted as well… Hae Jin got to her knees and grab the scarf from the guys neck…

 

“Hey… give it back!”-The guy bolted up and grab Hae Jin’s wrist and tried to pull her…

“Let go of her!”-I yelled at the guy and was about to whacked him on his head when someone grab me by 2 hand on both my shoulders…

 

“Hey… chill…”-The guy who pulled me started to whisper into my ear…

 

“Get your filthy hands of her!!!”-A guy from our behind pulled the guy who was holding me and kicked his gut…

 

“Sunbae!”-I ran to Yi Jeong right away and hugged him tightly…

“Gwenchana?”-He held my face in a cup and stared into my eyes...

 

“Hae Jin...”-I started to talk when my eyes looked at Hae Jin trying to pull her hands from the guy…

 

“Let go!”-Hae Jin pulled her hand so hard that it hurt her much, she stumbled backward when the guy finally let go… but was thankfully caught by a pair of hands…

 

“You’re safe”-The guy who caught Hae Jin whispered and when she blinked twice she found herself staring at no other than Ji Hoo...

 

“Oppa”-Hae Jin mumbled under her breath

 

“How dare you!”-A flaming red haired guy came up from behind both Ji Hoo and Hae Jin... furious!

 

Woo Bin punched the guy so hard and took care the other 2, like a pumpkin squashed…

 

“Yah! Where are they?! I’m going to kill them!”-Jun Pyo arrived followed by Jan Di, Jae Kyung and Jan Di looked at each other... Jun Pyo was about to finish off the guys who aggressively approached Ga Eul and Hae Jin when someone pulled his sleeves…

 

“Gu Jun Pyo, their not even worth your time”-Ja Di firmly states at the furious Jun Pyo

“Fine”-Jun Pyo backed up and eyed the unconscious Hae Jin in the arms of his best man Ji Hoo….

 

“What are you whips?”-The guy who was being punched earlier by Woo Bin spoke up and stood up… Woo Bin was going to kick him again if only Jan Di didn’t beat him at it…

 

“Do you really want to die?!”-Jan Di karate kicked the poor guy across the floor…

 

“Let’s go, this one needs to rest”-Ji Hoo broke the silence and all of them left the club, went outside…

 

“We’re going to talk about this…”-Yi Jeong firmly eyed Woo Bin and led the shocked Ga Eul to his car and left…

 

“Yeah, we’ll talk bout this… take care of Hae Jin first”-Jun Pyo held Jan Di’s hand and got into his own car with the troubled Jae Kyung…

 

“I’ll carry her, Ji Hoo-ah”-Woo Bin finally spoke to Ji Hoo who was holding Hae Jin in bridal style the whole time…

 

“I’ll see you, when I see you”-Ji Hoo coldly states… and gave Hae Jin gently to Woo Bin and Ji Hoo hailed a cab since he got to the club by Yi Jeong’s car and he went back to the Shinwha school to pick his motorcycle there…

 

*************************************************************

 

I’m still pissed off at Woo Bin right now, when usually I don’t to him since I always shrug off the foolish things that he and Yi Jeong do… but this one is different not only he didn’t came on the meeting with me and the guys earlier, he turned off the phone in result Hae Jin got into a trouble which made me even more pissed…

 

I got home almost 7 from the Shinwha School to pick my bike and did a few rounds around the neighborhood to vent some stress…

 

it has been building up, this stress I’m feeling not only I need to go on duty tomorrow at 5 early, I’ve have not getting a good sleep lately besides the hospital and the charity works and also the upcoming congregation at our museum, my hands are at full deck and now I’m even worried about Hae Jin, I still have to know how did she got there in the first place anyway?

 

Some questions must be slip aside for now, I need to recharge or something… in this case I only have a few hours to hibernate and get some energy back, so I went straight to the bath room and took a long shower and just stay in the tub for almost more than an hour of it just to wash the stress away, hoping that it’ll work I my I-pod on speaker beside the counter of the tub…

Just laying there thinking the other day, it seems Hae Jin wanted to say something it’s not like she just went there to give me muffins and coffee perhaps something serious? Or is it perhaps connected as to why she’s in a bar with Ga Eul? I can’t help but scratch my head, I usually the so called “Shrink” of the group giving some advices to the aped friends of mine…

 

But now I seem can’t read her at all, it seems like she’s hiding something or something is off… the last time I saw her at L.A for her brief vacation… she was really playful and really enthusiastic of us getting together and having a blast… I just hope nothing changed or somehow something did, she seems to feel awkward around me now, when she’s not like that to all of us…

 

I got tired of thinking a lot so I got out of the tub took a quick rinse and damp a towel as well; I turned the I-pod off… I chose my sleeping outfit too quickly, it’s not like I’m Jun Pyo that takes almost years? (Figuratively) to pick what to wear…

 

I went to my room I have to agree with my friends my style in my home is very dull, it’s like a looming vampire convenes here… I went to my table and opened the drawer picked up a picture from a book I slipped with, after taking a quiet glance I returned it to where I took it and closed the drawer…

 

“Good night, Korea”-I spoke quietly knowing I’m the only one in this house living in, after debating with my eyes… I eventually fell asleep…

 

*************************************************************

 

The whole drive was quiet awkward it was a long silent drive, I was quiet hoping that we’ve arrived already… but as soon as we arrived to an intersection, we turned to left when we’re supposed to go straight… now I’m terrified, I wanted to ask but all it came were gasps… but I pulled my string and spoke…

 

“Sunbae… we’re we going?”-I wanted to zipped my lips to keep it closed already… “Stupid Chu Ga Eul!!” I keep cursing myself on the inside slightly regretting on calling him which resulted the whole gang to appear…

 

“I thought I told you not to call me sunbae anymore…”-He spoke so coldly in a serious tone and his eyes only on the road not even taking glimpse on me, I wonder if he’s really mad at me…

 

“Mianhe… I was stupid… reckless and clumsy…”-I spoke again now with trembling voice and head lowered…

 

“You got that all right…”-He retracted right away and I notice he pulled up into a garden park, and hands still on the steering wheel…

 

“Mianhe… I’m very sorry…”-I was now half way giving in for the urge to cry with rivers now…

“What if something happened to you? What if you got hurt? Or worse than that? And I wasn’t there to defend you…”-His voice slightly raised on me which I find it not normal since he’s always sweet talked all the time…

 

A brief silence surrounded on us, and I felt like unbuckling my seatbelt and open the door of the car and just ran for hell or something…

 

“Ga Eul-ah Mianhe, I got carried away… when that guy hold you aggressively my eyes went dark and the only thing I wanted to do at that moment is to beat the crap out of that guy…”-He lowered his hands from the wheel slowly while lowering his head…

 

“It was my fault… Mianhe…”-I spoke knowing that his nagging was also the voice of reason that’s what are the many things I love about him…

 

“Suddenly he unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned to me which I was taken aback when he hugged me while my chin is resting on his shoulders; I feel safe and feel cared of…

 

“I don’t know what would I do if something was ever to happen to you… and also Hae Jin…”-He somehow sniffed a bit and I know it’s quiet a imagination, but I may suspect he got a bit teary.. Now I feel totally sorry for worrying the crap out of him, mean me…

 

“Mianhe again… Sunbae I mean…”-I was about to say something else when I suddenly stopped when I accidentally again mentioned sunbae “Stupid!”

 

“It’s okay… you can call Sunbae… for now…”-He chuckled to my actions which made me feel glad… coz I will totally feel awkward if ever I need to call anything else other than that…

 

“I should send you home now, no matter how much I want to spend the night with you… let’s talk bout the rest tomorrow”-He broke off the embrace and smiled to me while starting the engine of the car…

 

“Sunbae… saranghe…”-I quietly say which I didn’t know it was loud enough for him to hear it since he looked up and grinned at me…

 

He then started the car and we drove on the way to our apartment, I just hope Jun Pyo and the others have already arrived before us…

 

*************************************************************

 

 

While Jun Pyo’s driving… I noticed in his eyes he’s totally pissed and his just keeping it on the lid for me since I eyed him earlier to calm down, knowing him he might yell at Jae Kyung, who’s at the back seat silent of the whole drive to our apartment…

 

As soon as we arrived, he pulled his car into a curb parked it there and silence came like it’ll never end so just to lift up the mood I broke of the silence…

 

“Jae Kyung-unnie, you should go in first… I’ll follow…”-I eyed Jae Kyung from her seat as I turned my head to her smiling as wide as I could…

 

“Yes… excuse me…”-Jae Kyung bowed and still on a “Feeling-sorry mode”… as she got outside of the car and opened our gate and got inside… I turned around to Jun Pyo…

 

“Gu Jun Pyo... stop sulking already, nothing bad happened okay…”-I tried to lower my voice at him, knowing he was so worried of Hae Jin… that I though he’d ordered a jet or faster than that to arrive to that club for her…

 

Still a response of silence… then…

 

“I really thought something truly bad had happen to her… why would the hell she be there? She doesn’t drink one alcohol content drinks and now she’s drunk?!”-He was furious now knowing what just happened, I myself was even thinking hard why their on a club…

 

 I only told them to take care of the after party engagement… not go into a club and pick a trouble…

 

“Calm down… I’m sure there’s reason for this… okay?”-I rubbed his shoulders trying to ease him down, but it doesn’t seem to work…

 

“You know what? You’re right… and I’ll find what reason is that…”-He said in a slightly happy tone while looking at me and the looked in his eyes doesn’t say anything good at all…

 

“Okay… tomorrow I’ll talk to Jae Kyung-unnie and Ga Eul about it…”-I said in a positive tone while nodding my head…

 

“Actually why tomorrow when I can ask monkey right now?”-as soon as he finished the statement he got out of the car walking towards our apartment and I just could smell trouble already…

 

“Jun Pyo?! Stop… we can talk to them tomorrow!”-I called out to him from the car but he was already going inside and I followed as quickly as these crazy heels take me…

 

When we got inside the apartment Jae Kyung was sitting between the sofas drinking water, must be trying to hydrate herself knowing she has a lot of explaining to do…

 

 “Jun Pyo Stop!”- I yelled as I could when I saw Jun Pyo walks to Jae Kyung and stops in front of her, Jae Kyung looked up right away as if she just got out of a trance and was like in shocked or something…

 

“Yah! Why were they there?!”-Jun Pyo shouted in asking Jae Kyung…

 

“Mianhe, I was supposed to meet them at the porridge shop and go to the club together, but I forgot…

 

“What? You forgot? Can’t you call them?”-I ask now also one of the one’s interrogating her…

 

“My phone kind a died… I didn’t bring any charger…”-Jae Kyung answered as if uneasy on her answer…

 

“Then why are they on a club?!”-Jun Pyo shouted again…

 

“I didn’t tell you to go into a club Jae Kyung unnie”-I spoke to her as low as I could to avoid to raise my voice like Jun Pyo’s.

 

“Mianhe, I had an idea to get a Dj… and the Dj there was very good the last time I went to that bar… I gave a card to Hae Jin; she must’ve followed what’s there...”-Jae Kyung stuttered to her words which I felt if she’s nervous about the whole investigation going on with her or if she’s lying… which I find it absurd so I shrug it off…

 

“Where were you anyway? That your phone died and you didn’t come home this morning other than that you’ve been pre-occupied… what’s up?”-I asked now anxious as to why she’s been a bit AWOL…

 

“I... I met with my parents and we had a long night of bonding so I stayed at the hotel they were staying…”-She answered quickly than I expected but I didn’t doubt it even a split second…

 

“Fine… but if something like this to ever happen again… I may not be as merciful as I am now…”-Jun Pyo gave a warning look to Jae Kyung before he directed his attention to me…

 

“Sleep well, you’ve been busy today… you must be exhausted…”-He talked to me sweetly and landed a peck on my cheeks before he left smiling at me… which I gestured the same thing before I locked the door and direct my eyes again to Jae Kyung…

 

“You should change… oh yeah, how did you know Hae Jin and Ga Eul were on the club when your phone died?”-I asked before I was about to go to the kitchen when I remembered something…

 

“Oh... I uh… Woo Bin saw me at a shop near the hotel I was staying and told me that Hae Jin and Ga Eul are in trouble and are at this club and I suddenly remembered I was supposed to meet them so I hitched a ride with him to the club…”-She smiled well too smiley even for a Ha Jae Kyung…

 

“Oh... okay… gotta go… and drink something, I didn’t get to drink and wash down the sushi I ate when we received a text from the guys…”-I left Jae Kyung and went to the kitchen and when I got out from the kitchen Jae Kyung was gone and I saw her jacket and eyed her on her room lying…

 

*************************************************************

 

 

I’m driving as carefully as I could while taking glimpses every now and then to the precious cargo in the passenger seat… I felt so stupid hanging up on her and even just turning off the phone knowing it was the only thing that can connect us if we’re from each other…

 

I was so selfish and I can’t even blame Jae Kyung bout the whole thing knowing it was me that kept her distracted the whole time…

 

I heard her moan a bit and I quickly took a glance from the rearview mirror at her from the passenger seat… I had a bit of a difficulty wearing the belt on her since she’s too drunk to sit straight…

 

“Oppa…”-I heard her murmur something which made me pull at a curb turned the engine off and take a look at her from my seat, turning my head…

 

“Hae Jin-ah, gwenchana? Are you going to threw up? Tell me… araso?”- I spoke as sweetly as I could knowing I’m the one who’s guilty bout this…

 

“Oppa?... why didn’t you come… you hang up on me… don’t you love me anymore?”-She was still talking but barely while her eyes half closed and her voice trashy… must be resulting from the alcohol she just drank…

 

“Mianhe Hae Jin-ah, Oppa was selfish today… and who says I don’t love you huh? Whoever says that to you will die instantly araso? You’re oppa’s only princess always remember that…”-I retracted on what she says, I don’t know if I reacted that way coz I got defensive for the fact that now Hae Jin may not be the only apple of his eyes but now with Jae Kyung and I can’t tell her that since I made a promise to Jae Kyung…

 

“Promise? You will not lie?”-Hae Jin smiled while closing her eyes back…

 

“I promise… Oppa will keep his promise to Hae Jin… pinkie…”-I raised my hand in a pinkie swear to her whom she lazily did… while giggling…

 

“Okay… now let’s get you home and cleaned up… to get you some rest…”-I directed my attention back to my car, starting the engine and driving to our home…

 

*************************************************************

 

Oh… Ji Hoo is starting to feel something…?

Wheew! Almost got into a fight between the SoEul there!!

Jun Pyo and Jan Di keep up the open communiqué…

And Jae Kyung? Stkk... Stkk... Starting to cover-up now…

Did you guys like the Bromance between Woo Bin and Hae Jin? Coz I did!

 

Xoxo love lots!

 

So? What do you guys think? Is it short? Long? Boring? Uninteresting? No matter what the feedback is negative or positive I’ll accept… so that I’ll know what to improve on the next k?