Chapter 19: Game On

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Chapter 19: Game On

 

Continuation:

Outside the Building….

 

Hae Jin’s View

 

I hurriedly walk to the entrance of our building while trying not to trip on the way, as I came in the entrance it seems no one recognizes me when I entered well, I gotta say it’s been a long time since they saw me… so I understand it, I felt weird though anyone here not knowing me not like in the U.S. I was swarmed by a lot of people…

 

When I arrive at the elevator area, I pushed the up button and as I was waiting for the door to open I just played with myself looking at the screen on top the numbers going down from the 8th floor to 7th floor to 6th floor and so on….

 

As if it was so long I somehow felt nervous and my heart was beating so fast and I touch my chest with my other hand….

 

And when the elevator was down to 2nd floor to 1st floor… then to the ground floor

 

And when then elevator was about to open…

 

A pair of hands grabbed and pulled me away which made run as well going around the corner behind the walls… I tried to pull away but stop midway staring to the eyes of……………

 

 

“Oppa???”-The words slip out of my mouth as soon as I found myself staring at the eyes of the guy who practically dumped me earlier today…

 

“Gwenchana??”-Ji Hoo suddenly asks while looking from left to right, pinning me behind the pillar…

 

“What- - what are you doing here?”-I asked curiously; well let’s just say our current situation is so awkward considering of what happened earlier…

 

His eyes soften now, staring down at me and his hold lessen then drops both his hands down to his sides…

 

“We have to get out of here first; I’ll fill you in the rest later. We have to meet with the  rest”- He then answers, his words cold, serious, but in those words I can sense care, sincere and security…

 

He walks a couple of steps away from me and turns around as if itching to leave already.

“Did you hear me?”-Ji Hoo then turns to me tilting his head to the side, and for some reason I couldn’t find myself speaking a word…

 

“Did any of my words, mean anything?”- Ji Hoo then took steps forward at me staring me intently, now eyes mad and anxious… what’s really happening? What’s getting his pants on the knot? Is because of earlier? Wait! I supposed to be the one mad and acting like this, not him!

 

“Wait… I supposed to be the one acting --- what you are acting right now!”-For some reason I kind a somehow semi-yelled at him…

 

“I’m sorry…. We really need to leave immediately… like right now”-Ji Hoo grabs my hand tightly and we start to walk fast…

 

As we go outside I caught a glimpse of a man with broad shoulders in a gray suit talking to my big brother and for a moment I stood frozen as if a bucket of ice water splash down on my whole body or something….

 

“A- - -Abeoji?....”-The words unconsciously slips through the tongue of my mouth… and Ji Hoo-Oppa froze as well for a moment intently staring at me and with a hard tug on my hand he hurriedly runs and me following from behind…

 

And when we are about 4 blocks away from the building where my brother works and also where I discovered my father is back already…

 

 “Are you okay?”-Ji Hoo-Oppa then grabs my shoulder with his two hands forcing me to stare at him, and with still in shock I couldn’t bring myself answer a word… as if his words did not mean anything…

 

“Are you hurt or something? Mianhe, Hae Jin-ah…”-Ji Hoo-Oppa inspects me as if looking for a injury or something…

 

“I- -… I’m fine…”-Finally after long sighs and deep breaths I finally got to answer him….

 

“Let’s go in and have a sit first; and I’ll fill you in…”-Ji Hoo-Oppa directed me to a spaghetti house, which seems familiar….

 

Once Inside…

 

We both grab a chair; he assisted me on sitting… He then sat right across the table with me. Without knowing I look down on my palm of hands staring at them intently realizing I’ve been shaking this whole time… I’m… I’m scared…

 

“Hae Jin-ah, let’s order first okay?”-Ji Hoo-Oppa using his hand he waves a waitress to our table and a blond-headed girl hurriedly stood beside us…

The blond headed-girl was obviously flirting with him, thankfully Oppa did not do anything to show he’s flirting back to the girl or perhaps not giving away anything at all.

 

“What would you like...”-Ji Hoo-Oppa then asks with a concern

“Uhmm… Cheese baked fettuccini would be great…”-I answered timidly while playing with my fingers…

 

Song Hae Jin… What’s happening? Is it going to happen again? It hasn’t been long that I’m home and now trouble follows me… these are the thoughts that’s running through my mind now.

 

“Hae Jin-Ah!”-A tall handsome man shouted my name from the establishment’s door, with him... a long haired girl holding his hand, Jan Di and behind her followed by Jae Kyung-unnie, and not far from behind followed by Ga Eul and Yi Jeong-Oppa…

 

I stood up right away and when I also took some steps forward, Jun Pyo-Oppa lunge a tight hug at me and after that Jan Di and the other followed as well…

 

When everyone got settled to their seats, a quiet long pause, staring at each other seems no one has an idea where to start so…

                                                                                    

“When did he get here?”-I asked raising my head to the auburn haired guy who just walked into the restaurant, other hand dumped on his pocket the other brushes his hair back out of frustration…

 

“Song Woo Bin!!! Here!”-Yi Jeong-Oppa shouted from his seat while waving my brother to us…

                                                        

He then hurriedly come over to us in a fast pace, then he stops some steps from us just standing there staring at me intently… and as for me? I kind a look behind me just to make sure I’m the one he’s been staring at, this made the others look at me as well in worried eyes.

 

“Gwenchana?”-Woo Bin-Oppa then says something and still in his voice I can hear him panting from where his standing. After I nodded, he nod back and pulled a chair from the other table and sat down with us…

 

After what seems to be a forever silence between us…

 

“What do you think we should do?”-Jan Di speaks breaking the silence of the pack!

 

“We just have to make sure he won’t be able to find out that Hae Jin’s here”-Jun Pyo-Oppa then answers her question while squeezing Jan Di’s hand.

 

“How are we going to do that?”-Ga Eul then speaks up next; while giving a questioning look at her boyfriend sitting beside her, Yi Jeong-Oppa.

 

“We’ll figure it out, one step at a time, baby”-Yi Jeong-Oppa then wraps his arm at Ga Eul making her blush in crimson, which made me smile secretly at how cute they are…

 

“How long do you think will the hiding last?”-Jae Kyung somehow asks in an irritating tone of voice, like the voice of doubt…

 

“Jae Kyung-Sshii”-Woo Bin-Oppa says in a very low sweet voice which is un-usual not that he’s being weird… weirder I mean. What’s up with that?

 

“I mean, no offense guys, I’m all for it helping keeping Hae Jin safe from the wicked father and all, it’s just do you think any secret will be able to stay hidden forever? It is bound to reveal itself sooner or later…”-Jae Kyung shakes her head and her last few words she almost choked while talking which made me frown..

 

“She’s right, Hae Jin needs to leave your house temporarily Woo Bin”-Ji Hoo-Oppa then states while crossing his legs and putting brushing his temple with his fingertips…

 

“Huh?”-All f us reacted in a unison, even me

 

“What do you mean, Yoon Ji Hoo?”-Yi Jeong-Oppa leans forward in a defensive reaction, which I understand he has been over-protective with me ever since we were kids…

 

 

FLASHBACK…..

 

“Come on!”-The little black-curled boy runs while waving a little stuffed teddy bear in the air...

 

“Oppa! Give it back!”-A little auburn haired girl jumping up and down trying to snatch the stuffed toy to the boy...

 

“Knock it off Jun Pyo…”-Another little auburn haired boy looks just like the other auburn haired girl, standing crossing his hands to his chest shaking his head…

 

“I just want to play with it for a while! Let me borrow it for a while Hae Jin-ah!”-Little Jun Pyo who is still waving the toy through the air preventing little Hae Jin to reach it…

 

“But you’ll damage it again! Like the last time you borrowed a toy…”-Hae Jin pouts at Jun Pyo which made the little Woo Bin amused at this sight…

 

“Give that up, Gu Jun Pyo… or else she’ll cry again”-The usual quiet blond haired boy named Ji Hoo joins the others at the back yard play house of the Gu family…

 

And with that Hae Jin lunge a supposed sneak attack behind Jun Pyo when he was distracted talking to Ji Hoo but due to his perfect reflexes, he was able to avoid it. But unfortunately for Hae Jin, Her forehead came forward first and fell to the ground, and not long after that a shrieking cry came from Hae Jin itself…

 

Everyone ran from where they were standing to the little girl crying while sitting on the ground, showing a visible scratch with a minor blood on it and a couple of scratches on her elbow as well…

 

“Otoke!? Hae Jin-Ah? Gwenchana?”-Jun Pyo who was a while ago being a usual jerk became so worried seeing Hae Jin hurt...

 

“Yah! I told you already to stop!”-Woo Bin shouts at Jun Pyo which made him step back

 

“Hae Jin-ah here let me see”-Ji Hoo reluctantly fishes out his hanky and gently damps it at Hae Jin’s forehead… which made the little girl winced and still sobbing, tears falling from her perfect pink cheeks.

 

“What happened?”-The late delayed reaction from their other friend, the little black haired bright So Yi Jeong…

 

Everyone just froze on their respective position, which made Yi Jeong stare at Hae Jin; his wondering eyes, he’s usual calm, soft eyes turned into some sort of anger…

 

“Who did this to you?”-Yi Jeong dropped the book he was reading before he came out of the house to the backyard when he heard the shrieking sound of Hae Jin’s voice.

 

All that Hae Jin could react is a shake of her head, not reacting means she’s protecting someone and preventing a reason to trigger a fight…

 

“Come… let’s go inside…”-Yi Jeong holds Hae Jin’s hand forcing her to stand up and when she did, he kneeled and waited for her to climb on his back… and when she did, he started to take some steps forward and when the others tried to follow them.

 

“I only meant Hae Jin and me… you can come later”-Yi Jeong coldly says, and with that the two went inside the house. Leaving the others to contemplate, specially the little Jun Pyo, from then on Jun Pyo never made Hae Jin cry again..

 

 

End of Flashback

 

I unconsciously raise my hand rubbing my forehead, the spot where I hit it to the ground when we were kids, with this I shake my head and chuckle; which made the others stare ate me, seem to be oblivious on what I’m reacting…

 

“Oh, nothing… please continue”-I then bite my lower lip, embarrassed…

“You see, it is not wise for Hae Jin to stay in a house where your father will be surely visiting frequently now his home, don’t you?”-Ji Hoo continues stealing also a glance at me, not sure if it was my imagination though.

 

“You’re right, she has to stay somewhere else…”-Jun Pyo-Oppa nods in agreement as well

 

“And where will I stay?”-I then commented and again all of them stares at me dumbfounded.

 

“You can stay at our apartment, if you want to”-Jan Di then offers kindly

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea… you and Ga Eul are on one roof”-Yi Jeong-Oppa says

 

“And another monkey is also staying”-Jun Pyo-Oppa added

 

“Yah!”-Jae Kyung slaps Jun Pyo which made Woo Bin-Oppa raise his brow… Hmmp?

 

“Then she’ll stay with me”-Ji Hoo-Oppa comments surprisingly then takes a sip of his creamy latte

 

And with that said everyone stops murmuring at each other and stares blankly at Ji Hoo then to me and as for me? Out of shock? I found myself jaw dropped in awe ad shocked on top of that!

 

“Mworago?”-Woo Bin-Oppa then stood up in a disagreement mode .oh dear…

 

“She can’t stay with Jan Di coz she’s with Ga Eul and Jae Kyung already too crowded, and I do not expect that any of these girls will allow Hae Jin to stay at the house of their boyfriends. Don’t you think?”-Ji Hoo-Oppa just calmly retracted Woo Bin-Oppa.

 

“Well--- I’ll book her at a hotel”-Woo Bin-Oppa rebutted again

 

“Booking her at a hotel will be the last thing you should do, news flies fast as if it has wings, the new of her being in Korea will be scattered if one of your father’s minion will be roaming”-Ji Hoo-Oppa retracted back in again, a calm manner

 

“Okay… stop it both of you…”-Jun Pyo-Oppa then stands up patting the back of Woo Bin to sat back down, and with that Jae Kyung also gave Woo Bin-Oppa that look… a look that says calm down, it’ll be fine…

 

“Ji Hoo’s right, it’s much more safer of Hae Jin will stay at his house for now… no one will even dare to spy on Ji Hoo, he’ll be a last resort of your father…”-Yi Jeong explains as well, bit not before giving a some sort of a warning look at Ji Hoo-Oppa…

 

“Do I have a say with this?”-I asked while trying to hide my fear, not the fear of Ji Hoo-Oppa, but the fear to confront the man who just dumped me earlier this morning!

 

“Fine, everything is settled… we’ll go home and pack your things and I’ll drop you off later at his house”-Woo Bin-Oppa exhales and slumps his back to his chair…

 

After the long discussion on what exactly to do of my situation, we ate a lot… the pasta house is very delightful, not to mention their pasta is cook perfect…

 

After we ate, all of us went outside; saying goodbyes to each other, the first one to leave was Ga Eul and Yi Jeong-Oppa saying they have something to talk about.

 

“We’ll take our leave then”-Jan Di then says her good bye and climbs to the car followed by Jun Pyo…

 

“Yah! Monkey you coming?”-Jun Pyo-Oppa calls out Jae Kyung who’s still standing in front of us…

 

“I’ll take you home?”-Woo Bin-Oppa offers to Jae Kyung, which made me even more surprised since when did he offer a ride to Jae Kyung-unnie?

 

“Ah, no thanks take care of your sister… I’ll see ya around…. You guys bye!”-Jae Kyung then says her farewell although she lingers a little bit more before she finally got inside the car and all of them three drove off…

 

“I’ll leave then…”-Ji Hoo-Oppa was about to say another word but I couldn’t bear to stare at him any longer so I turned around leaving Woo Bin-Oppa standing with Ji Hoo-Oppa

 

“Hae Jin-Ah!”-Ji Hoo-Oppa calls out which made me turn around while holding the door of the car open from the back seat…

 

“I’ll see you later”-Ji Hoo-Oppa then leaves as well just after I bowed and smile a bit at him

 

“Is everything okay?”-Woo Bin-Oppa then stares at me before he opened the door to the driver’s seat

 

“Yeah”-I answered

 

“I don’t have to be mind reader to know you are thinking deeply and that something’s up you know”-Woo Bin-Oppa asks once again just after he buckled his seat

 

“Mianhe, I’m just tired… it’s been emotionally exhausting today”-I the slump my back to my seat leaning my head to the car’s window… just after that little drops of water starting to fell down at the windows, signifying that it’s starting to rain…

 

With that I raised my hand to my heart and listen to it as it beats wildly for anticipation, the anticipation of e staying with Ji Hoo-Oppa… “Otokedyo?”-I whispered to myself

 

 

Meanwhile….

 

The phone of Woo Bin vibrated just after he says to his sister saying he doesn’t have to be a mind reader to know something is wrong with her…

 

Opening Message:

 

“I’ll see you later okay? Missed you whole day…. Be safe…”

-Jae Kyung

 

Woo Bin hits reply:

 

“Okay, let’s meet later… I missed you also the whole day, you be safe…”

-Woo Bin

 

Hits Send….

 

Message sent successfully!

 

And another smile creeps at his mouth… while starting the engine and starts to drive.

 

 

While with Ji Hoo

 

As I started my car, I lingered a little bit more leaning my head to the steering wheel, why did I do that?

 

Why did I volunteer to take Hae Jin in? I was going to say that I’m going to help her find a place, not offering mine… I shake my head in confusion, but to be honest a part of me is glad to do that…

 

I raise y hand to my heart while still leaning my forehead at the wheel…

 

“It’s going to be a long night, later”-I whispered to myself while trying to calm down my heart as if a whole syringe of adrenaline was injected to me, making me uneasy….

 

“What is this?”-that question is still left hanging in my thought while driving back to my home…

 

End of Chapter

 

 

++OMG! Hae Jin’s staying with Ji Hoo? ++

++How will both Hae Jin and Ji Hoo sort their true feelings? ++

++Will the Ga Eul and Yi Jeong be able to go to their own couple vacation? ++

++Will this new obstacle of Hae Jin’s safety be a problem to the Jun Pyo and Jan Di couple? ++

++How long will Jae Kyung and Woo Bin hide their true relationship? ++

 

Note:

 

Hi Guys! I’m very sorry I was not able to meet my promise to upload a new chap immediately it’s been a heck of a month for me, because of work; hope your not mad… please keep supporting, and please do tell if the story is going well or what not okay?

 

So what are your thoughts of my new update, or the story how it’s going…? (Hope you’re going to leave a comment! Even if just a word will be fine! Please100x)

 

Please100x comment before you leave okay???

Love you guys! Still being Humble-Goody2shoes! =)