Looking Back

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Note: so here it is you guys chapter 4! I hope you'll like it!

Chapter 4: Looking Back

I woke up having a bad headache must be because of the Jetlag from traveling, then I remember we were talking happily last night... oh dear, I must've fallen asleep how embarrassing!-Hae Jin covered her face with the huge pillow remembering last night.

"Oh, I hope I did not salivate or something, that'd be so embarrassing my secret... damn!"-I slapped my forehead bout that thought… (sigh)

Wait is this the old guest room? It's more huge now, oh yeah, it's been 10 years since I last came here... how long...

10 years ago…

The usual meeting happened between the 4 powerful families of Korea and possibly in the whole of Asia, but now it was held at the Song household… with the heads of each household they brought their future heirs. Jun Pyo (14)-Heir to Shinhwa and only son of the Gu household, Yi Jeong (14)-heir to the museum chains of the So household,

Ji Hoo (14)- Heir to the Yoon household and only grandson of the by then-president of Korea, and last but not the least Woo Bin (15)-Heir to chain hotels & restaurants and only son to the Song household and future keeper of the underground gangster club. I, on the other hand, maybe a Song, not to mention the only daughter and was brought to the usual meetings/gathering of the 4 households, discussing as usual… business.

I was alone in my study room; I was not interested in their babbling business as I'm only 10 and was only focus on my painting. When suddenly someone came and thrash everything including the last piece I am working on for my mom who was bedridden because of her cancer in the liver. Jun Pyo as heartless as always, I usually let it go by since his relationship with the Gu is more important than anything but that was the last straw.

I cried so hard I feel like I could not breathe, my brother came and hug me saying it is okay… but no, it never went okay, the maid came in almost catching her breath from running, and seem to be looking for us all along, and then she spoke something that would make my world crumble even more.

"Young master, milady, the lady of the house… has passed away"-the maid spoke these words which made my heartbreak into many pieces...

I ran right away to my mother's side, I feel bad for not being there up to her last breath but as I see her she seems to be at peace. My father cried to his heart out, my brother held my hand and the oddest thing happened, my brother never shed a tear that day…

At the funeral, as she was being laid down to rest, I couldn't shed any more tear for I have shed it all already. My brother came to my side whispering to me, "I will protect you, I will always be there, that I promise, Hae Jin"-he smiled to me so warm which made me broke into a smile too... That was the last time I saw my father cry or show any kind of emotion…

After the funeral I tried to distract myself by painting; then Jun Pyo came again…

"Yah, you're painting? Ehem…"-he stared at me than his shoes he seems to be anxious don't know what he wanted.

"I'm sorry for what I did, I felt bad about it"-Jun Pyo avoiding Hae Jin's gaze only lowered his head to hide his embarrassment.

"It's okay what's done is done there's nothing to talk about"-I said it coldly turning my back to him returning my attention to my half-done masterpiece.

"No! I have to do something, here"-he approached her holding up his right hand-pinkie

"What is that?"-HJ

"It's a pinkie promise, just show me this and I'll remember my promise"-JP

"And what is that,"-HJ

"That me and the other guys, Ji Hoo, Yi Jeong, Woo Bin, will protect you and be your Oppa"-Jun Pyo said it proudly with a huge grin.

In response to his gesture, I gave him a smile and then I saw him for the first time Yoon Ji Hoo, I have met Yi Jeong already once, but never him.

He just stood there very quiet, mysterious, and yet somehow, he draws my attention.

One day, at the playhouse my brother left me by the swing to get an ice-cream for me, a group of kids came up to me, just a bunch of boys, they did not know who I was.

One boy pulled my pigtails and all of them made fun of me, then I started to cry so much, knowing no one was there to defend me.

One of the boys saw me crying so much and noticed my nose very wet then yelled with a tease: "Runny-nose Hae Jin!"

Then they came, like a knight in shining armor, Jun Pyo yelled at them and for the first time, Yoon Ji Hoo spoke to me.

"Are you alright?"-Ji Hoo grabs me by the arm and wipes the dirt off my skirt with his hanky, He took another clean white hanky and wiped it on my cheeks and smiled saying.

"You shouldn't cry for them or else someone will tease you again okay? Little runny-nose Hae Jin?"

"Yes, thank you"-he flashed his wonderful smile and I returned the same thing too...

Ever since then I feel something special for that boy, for ten years I have…

END OF FLASHBACK

"Milady? is there something wrong?"-The maid came in I did not notice her standing, I must've looked like an idiot in a trance.

"Uh, nothing, where's my brother?"-I asked in a calm way; trying to hide my awkwardness aside.

"The young master woke-up early and went for a run across the yard, then he received a call from his F4 friends to have a shooting practice today, milady"-formally answering my question.

"Oh, okay, I would have liked him to join me to eat"-trying to hide my disappointment, but my face lightened up after what she said to me.

"Oh, the young master wanted to milady; but it seems you were exhausted so he ordered everyone not to disturb you at any cause, instead he made you breakfast himself"-the maid smiled to me and left my necessities and bid goodbye.

Hae Jin's POV

Sitting in the middle of this huge room eating alone makes me lose my appetite; I let out a heavy sigh. Then I remembered Jan Di and Ga Eul used to work at this porridge shop, I decided to clean myself and change clothes, go there, and check if the girls are there it would be nice to have a bonding time with them.

I picked out a cotton flowered dress with small ruffles on it's v-line in front, on top with brown laced blazer with a matchup of creamed colored flat dancing shoes, and wear my hear down with its curved edges and finish it up with my heart pendant necklace and star hairclip to my hair on the side. I grab my black sling purse and then I realized that there are guards outside, I remembered that they are to me anywhere I go.

But how can I enjoy going out with people if they are surrounding me as well, so I decided to slip to the back and climbed up to the picket fence in the back garden.

Of course, I walk a couple of minutes till I reach the road and hail a cab and then gave him the address that Jae Kyung-noona gave to me. She said the porridge at this shop is beyond phenomenal to the core, so I'm thrilled to go there by myself without anyone tagging with me…

"WHAT!"-Woo Bin's voice echoed throughout the firing range when he answered a call from someone. "What do you mean you don't know where she is? Well then, find her! If you can't find her within an hour I'm going to cut off your heads, and feed it to Jun Pyo's Lions you hear me?'-he slammed the receiver and puff air so much out of frustration.

"Is something wrong?"-Jun Pyo asked Woo Bin patting his back, but back off a bit when he seems to notice some dark aura around him.

"Hae Jin is missing…"-he answered now in a calm voice, lifted his right hand then placed it on his face.

"Define missing…"-Yi Jeong shrugs with a smirk, raising an eyebrow.

"Ya, what do you mean by define missing? What do you think, huh?"-Jun Pyo asked, confused about what Yi Jeong is getting at now. Trying to fish out his phone in his back pocket to call his men to help look for Hae Jin.

"Well, the last time she went missing she did not disappear just like that, remember?"-Yi Jeong grinned taking off his gloves.

"Where's Hae Jin?"-The oldest kid of the group asked his playmates.

"I don't know, she was here a while ago"-Little Yi Jeong only answered that.

"She's missing!"-Jun Pyo went panicky and ran towards his guards' order to look for Hae Jin. "Find her! or else you're all fired!"-all of his guards scrambled right away.

It's been a year after the death of the mother of Woo Bin and Hae Jin and the group has gotten close to now, besides having a new girlfriend in the group Seo Hyun.

"I know where she might be"-the most silent of the group spoke out right away, which made all of them frozen.

They found her at the art room sketching something….

"Hey, we got worried about you'-Woo Bin ran to his little sister and hug her scared to death that something might've happened to her.

"Mianhe, I was looking for paper and charcoal that's all... look, Oppa."-she pointed her sketch letting the others to see it as well. "This is me, you, Jun Pyo-oppa, Ji Hoo-Oppa and Yi Jeong-Oppa, we're together."-I smiled to them which they returned it as well gracefully.

"Where's Seo Hyun? In there? Aren't she a family too?"-Yi Jeong asked curiously bout a missing friend at the drawing.

"Oh..."-she seems to frown when she reacted to that statement of Yi Jeong. "I was going to draw her too, now I'll start at it"-she just smiled but it seemed to be a forced smile.

"Hey, Ji Hoo how did you know she'll be here?'-Woo Bin asked the guy behind him.

"Telepathy…"-we both have one right?"-Ji Hoo

Then the girl nodded as well…

END OF ANOTHER FLASHBACK

"I know but this time is different she's grown up already and I don't know where she is, such a headache kid"-Woo Bin keeps rambling while sending a group message to all his subordinates, including the gangsters he runs, to look for his sister around their neighborhood.

"Hey, she's not a kid anymore and like what you said she's grown up right, Ji Hoo?"-Yi Jeong directed his attention to the guy who stood quietly by the sidelines... "Hey"-Yi Jeong gave Ji Hoo a nudge to the elbow coz It seems his mind is flying somewhere else...

"Yes, she has grown up, besides she'll call if there's a problem… why not call monkey?"-Ji Hoo answered abruptly, which earned lots of eyebrows raised.

"Monkey? What's got to do with Jae Kyung?"-Jun Pyo asked

"Well, they seem to talk a lot yesterday; they might have made a plan to meet today as well."-Ji Hoo

"Right, nice one, I'll give her a quick ring"-Woo Bin fished out his phone again and dialed Jae kyung's number.

So what do you think of this chap? Is it boring? If it is, sorry I'll try harder to make it more entertaining on the next chap okay? Please do leave a comment for me…

Thanks in advance!