Awkward Air

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Note: So how's my FF so far? Please leave a comment for me… hehe (totally pleading here)… xoxo

Chapter 7: Awkward Air

I anxiously drink my coffee as I steal some glances from the guy I'm sitting across with. His face so calm as he took some sips on his own and some small bites to his blueberry muffins, as I sat down my cup finally, he broke down the awkward silence.

"So Hae Jin-ah, what brings you here?"-The guy smiled at me softly.

"Why? can't I visit a friend?"-I answered while pouting, gesturing my so-called disappointment.

"Ha-ha, that's not what I meant?"-He chuckled at my statement, the way he talks to me he is so divine... wait divine? my thoughts were cut off as he continued to talk. "I was just surprised to see you here, I'd picture you hanging out more with Jaek Kyung than troubling yourself coming here"-He answered with a smirk in the end.

"Oh, we will be hanging out tomorrow, that is, we're helping Jan Di-ah for her after-party engagement ceremony"-I told him while sipping back to my coffee and I could've sworn I stole a glance of him frowning at my answer regarding the engagement.

"Is that so? who'll be with you?-He immediately commented at me, as if to cover up the troubled expression he just gave earlier.

"Oh, that'll be me, Jae Kyung-unnie and Ga Eul-ah"-I stated their names while using my finger as if counting.

"Hmm… Won't Jan Di be with you?"-He raised his eyebrow to me asking.

"Oh, She won't be, Jaek Kyung-unnie said she has an event to attend to with Jun Pyo's mother"-Hae Jin

He nodded at my answer. "Okay, Uhmm, so what have you been doing so far?"-He abruptly changed the subject as if to avoid the whole engagement topic, which made me fell into curiosity.

"I've been spending a lot at home, Woo Bin-Oppa can be very protective sometimes"-I stood up taking his and my empty coffee cups to trash it to the bin, but stopped abruptly.

"Your brother only means well, you know how much you mean to him, do you?"-He smiled at me brighter than the one he gave when he greeted me earlier...

"I know that..."-After Hae Jin trashed the empty cups to the bin and was returning to her seat but was stopped abruptly at a wooden stand as her eyes were caught by a framed drawing or sketch…

"This is beautiful, who draw it?"-Hae Jin picked it up studied the whole piece…

Ji Hoo stood up from where he sat and approach her taking the frame from her…

"A good friend of mine"-He stared at it for a while which for a while created a bit silence around them…

"That person must be special to Oppa since you specially framed it and displayed it here."-Hae Jin broke the silence surrounding them.

"Yes, that person was so special, well, until now…"-Ji Hoo commented calmly which piques Hae Jin's curiosity even more…

"Oppa I need to tell you something, I've been wanting to tell this to you…"-Hae Jin bit her lip lowering her head, her face facing the ground.

"What is it?"-Ji Hoo asked and felt amused since they were both talking while standing…

"Well, it's been a long time so here it goes, Oppa... I-."-Hae Jin's statement trailed off when a nurse came in huffing for air…

"Mianhe, Dr. Yoon, I know you're occupied but there's an emergency in the E.R you are needed there right now"-The nurse bowed then left after she said what she need to say without waiting a reply from Ji Hoo.

"Oh, dear, mianhe Hae Jin-ah, I have to go it's an emergency… I'll call you after this and we'll continue talking by then, is that okay?"-Ji Hoo hurriedly told Hae Jin while fishing out his gear…

"Araso, it can wait anyway, do your best… fighting!"-Hae Jin answered while raising her right hand gesturing good luck for him… and immediately Ji Hoo smiled before she left Hae Jin in his office…

After Ji Hoo left Hae Jin lowered her hand slowly bit her lower lip and stared into space blankly… "Ji Hoo-Oppa, I wanted to tell you… I love you". She then shed a tear and swallowed hard before wiping her cheeks then left the office…

He parked in front of the apartment me and Ga Eul and now Jae Kyung is staying I was about to go out of the car when he pulled me back and hugged me tightly…

"Why? Is there something wrong?"-Jan Di asked muffled while being buried in Jun Pyo's chest...

"Aniyo, it's just we don't get to spend a lot more time lately…"-Jun Pyo whined then let go also showing his cute pout to his fiancée.

Jan Di chuckled at the sight of her boyfriend… "Mianhe, I'm busy at the hospital then you're busy on your office work, you're always exhausted..."

"I won't get tired if I'm with you"-Jun Pyo took Jan Di's hand and stared at the ring around her finger…

"Do you want to stay with me for a while? Jaek Kyung just sent a message that she'll be coming home late, she had to do something"-Jan Di smiled and eyed the direction to their apartment. "And besides it's still 6, I'm sure Ga Eul won't be home early since she's with Yi Jeong-sunbae"-Jan Di looked at her watch before returning her attention to the guy beside her.

"You won't mind?"-Jun Pyo asked wide-eyed knowing it's a rarity that Jan Di asks him to stay with her alone…

"As long as you won't do anything funny..."-Jan Di shrugged…

"Araso…, Ka ja"-Jun Pyo got out of the car then opened Jan Di's side door, and both of them walked hand in hand together towards the apartment…

We were driving along the road just doing some views when we decided to go out again and leave the car…

"Why are we leaving your car? your studio here is not that far, are we going there?"-I asked confusingly asking as to why we are leaving his car and just walk…

"That's because I just want to do this with you"-Yi Jeong then intertwined his hand into Ga Eul's hand, which made her blush and conscious; a lot of girls whispered at each other as they pass by them…

"Don't mind them, they are just jealous"-Yi Jeong then spoke.

"Who wouldn't be when I'm with you, you are always going to be swarmed by a lot of girls' eyes…"-Ga Eul pouted at her statement.

"Ha-ha, I wasn't referring to that, I meant the guys are clenching their fists now coz I'm dating the most beautiful girl in the whole world"-Yi Jeong chuckled and wrapped his arm around Ga Eul's arm as well.

They were both caught up on their moment when someone spoke from behind them…

"Yi Jeong-ah?"-A girl's voice spoke.

Both Yi Jeong and Ga Eul turned around which made Ga Eul go wide-eyed…

"Eun Jae-ah?"-Yi Jeong spoke and stared at the guy beside her holding her hand…

"Hyung… it's you"-Yi Jeong

"Long time, no see Yi Jeong-ah, why don't we have a coffee first huh?"-Yi Jeong's older brother asked both of them to join them for a cup of coffee…

"Sure, why not"-Yi Jeong grabs Ga Eul's hand as they followed the other pair into a café, Ga Eul felt a pang of guilt and jealousness inside which she can't explain…

As they sat down and placed their orders the table was quite silent for a while but Yi Jeong's brother decided to break the silence.

"So is this the lucky girl, Yi Jeong-ah?"-The guy eyed Ga Eul which made Ga Eul blush, good thing the waiter came back immediately and placed their respected orders in front of them.

"Yes, this is Ga Eul"-Yi Jeong touched Ga Eul's hand which was set at the table holding her coffee… which made Ga Eul even more blushed… "I believe you and Ga Eul know each other, right?"-Yi Jeong smiles into Eun Jae's direction.

"Yes, she was a student of mine back then, she was so sweet to learn pottery for Yi Jeong"-Eun Jae smiled back.

"Oh, wow, small world huh?"-Yi Jeong's brother laughed... "Yi Jeong-ah we've got something to tell you..."

"What is it?"-Yi Jeong asked curiously.

"Eun Jae's pregnant on our first child"-Yi Jeong's brother smiled to Eun Jae then to Yi Jeong.

"Yes, I am, 2 months now…"-The girl smiled to the father of the child she is carrying then to the pair across them.

"Really?; congratulations!, that's good news to both of you, I wish you both happiness"-Yi Jeong commented more quickly than expected which made Ga Eul thinks if he was just acting being happy for them or what, which made her gloomy…

"Ga Eul-ah?"-Yi Jeong asked worriedly squeezing her hand gently.

"Ah, mianhe, congratulations to both you…"-Ga Eul automatically answered right away to avoid the worried gaze Yi Jeong was wearing but it did not set with Yi Jeong…

** After the conversation between Eun Jae and Yi Jeong's brother and after giving each other's farewell… both of them walked hand in hand quietly in the cold evening...

"Ga Eul-ah, did I do something to upset you?"-Yi Jeong answered ending the awkward silence between them.

"Aniyo, I'm fine"-Ga Eul answered as cheerful as she could but did not succeed anyway.

"I know it's something and I may know what it is…"-Yi Jeong then lets go of her hand and put both of his hands in his pockets... "You're upset bout Eun Jae you must be thinking that I may still have some feelings left for her"…

"Am I wrong?"-Ga Eul then finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence...

"Yes, you are…"-Ga Eul was so caught up on sulking on herself self not realizing they both arrived at Yi Jeong's studio where Yi Jeong makes his pottery…

"What do you mean I am wr- -?"-She was cut off by the sight of the room when Yi Jeong opened the door to enter the studio.

"You are wrong coz I won't do this to another girl"-Yi Jeong walked right in and stopped in the middle of the room that is full of red roses and rose petals on the floor with scented candles around the table with a banner says "Saranghae, Chu Ga Eul". Yi Jeong picked up a red rose and smelled it to his nose.

"Coz I would only go mushy, go corny and even being dumb and that is to only you, Chu Ga Eul"-Yi Jeong released a huge grin to the shocked, speechless girl right at the door…

Ga Eul then ran towards Yi Jeong and hugged him tightly tears flowing down her cheeks...

"Mianhe, I was being childish and stupid, I shouldn't have acted that way… I was-."-Ga Eul couldn't finish her sentence for she was stopped by Yi Jeong's lips on hers kissing her softly while caressing her wet cheeks… "My Ga Eul must never cry anymore, araso?"-Ga Eul didn't waste any time hugged Yi Jeong as he hugs her back, spending the rest of the evening together alone…

"I can't believe I've been drag by that monkey on doing this, and why anyway am I wasting my time looking good anyway? Fine, for the sake of Jan Di's and Ga Eul's friendship and my sister Hae Jin, I'll do this just one time… only, you hear me?"-Woo Bin mumbles and talks to the person in the mirror for the last hour trying out clothes for the meeting of Jae Kyung's parents and for their actions to do as a false couple to skip Jae Kyung's arrange a marriage to another guy…

Woo-bin checks his watch it's almost quarter before 7, he picked up his newly bought shoes… well, not bought but was given as a gift from Jun Pyo when he arrived back from the U.S., each one of them got a gift from Jun Pyo… Yi Jeong's was an Italian potter's kit containing lots of different tools for carving and smoothing a pot, for Ji Hoo he gave him the latest version of an I-pod with big mufflers too coz Ji Hoo always sleeps whenever he gets the chance to do so and as for him a pair of shoes and new leather gloves… since he always wears them out but for tonight he let the gloves rest since the walk for tonight is formal…

A banged in the door made him alert of what could it be and who would dare bang his door so loud; without even giving a permission to come in his room, the door swung open and emerge a girl wearing a short strapped ruffled dress wearing a ruby pin in her hair with black pumps to match her smoky eye look.

"Woo Bin-Sshii I'm ready!"-The girl yelled as soon as she got in but stopped abruptly when she noticed he didn't button his navy blue shirt yet…

Woo Bin was taken aback for a while it took him quite a moment there to fully notice it was Jae Kyung who just entered his domain.

"Hey! - - are you crazy! I'm still changing! And I told you I'd pick you up..."-Woo Bin yelled back and almost choked at his words.

"But I was too anxious so I just bought this right away and wore it from the store and went to a salon to prepare myself… after that I went here right away..."-Jae Kyung stammered throughout her sentence…

"Fine"-Woo Bin continued dressing up not minding Jae Kyung's presence inside the room, which seems to not budge nor leave for him to continue to dress.

He finished his outfit by picking up an ebony black tux on top of his navy blue shirt.

"Kaja"-Woo Bin fished out his keys and walks out to his room followed by Jae Kyung behind him. "You guys just stay here, when Hae Jin comes back to tell her to call me right away, I need to know where she has been going all day… well at least she followed my instructions to bring the guards with her"-Woo Bin instructed his guards before going out of his mansion and approaching his car.

"Lady's first"-Woo Bin opened the door for Jae Kyung which made her a bit blush but Woo Bin could not see it since it's already dark…

"Thanks"-Jae Kyung thanked him as soon as he got in the car as well...

While driving towards their destination…

"You seem to care about Hae Jin so much, huh?"-Jae Kyung broke the silence while staring at Woo Bin while driving…

"Well, she means worlds to me…"-Woo Bin answered firmly… "Ehem... You look amazing by the way"-His words trailed off a bit…

"Thanks, I just picked this outfit right away"-She smiled and shrugged to herself thinking it was a bit a lie since she spent almost more than an hour picking what to wear when she usually just wear what she sees first…

**As soon as they arrive at a hotel where the meeting will take place**

"Okay, remember we are dating okay…"-Jae Kyung reminds Woo Bin on why he's there in the first place.

"I know you've been telling me that while we're on the way here…"-Woo Bin answers right away to stop her from talking like a nagging wife.

Woo Bin opened the door for Jae Kyung and as soon as they got inside the act is on…

He then put his arm around Jae Kyung's waist and smiles to her, which made Jae Kyung blush madly but remembered right away why it was happening and was a bit disappointed if only it was not for show…

"Ommoni, Abeoji, this is Woo Bin"-Jae Kyung bowed and kissed both her parents before she introduced the man with her.

"Good Evening ma'am, sir it's a pleasure to meet you finally"-Woo Bin politely greeted both parents showing how manly and gentle he is…

As soon as they were seated across the table of the parents of Jae Kyung…

"So you two have been dating how long?"-Jae Kyung's father asks right away as soon as he finished ordering their food while raising a brow.

"Oh, hmm we've been going out..."-Jae Kyung's answer was cut when she was stopped by her father's raised hand…

"I was asking him, my dear"-The man stared fully on Woo Bin's direction.

Being the gentleman he was raised, he complied with the question he was given.

"We met 4 years ago, we met again just recently and we decided just to give a shot and go dating…"-Woo Bin smiled while answering and reached Jae Kyung's free hand and held it to kiss it lightly… which made Jae Kyung's spine tingle.

"Omo, chinja? You've known our Jae Kyung a long time ago already?"-Jae Kyung's mother enthusiastically asks at both of the questioned unlikely couples.

"Yes, mother"-Woo Bin answered which made both parents and Jae Kyung go wide eye when he called Jae Kyung's mother "Mother" as well. This also made her blush and made Mr. Ha, Jae Kyung's father even outrageous but was impressed by the confidence and also for the fact he is a gentleman, to begin with. Everyone's attention was drawn to an old couple approaching them...

Mr. Ha stood up as well as his wife; both Woo Bin and Jae Kyung did the same gesture as a sign of respect as well…

"Oh, Good Evening Mr. and Mrs. Nobunaga such a pleasure to see you again"-Both pairs bowed at each other and so as the young fake couple too, as soon as they were seated the discussion continues.

"Forgive me, my friend, something has happened, our son seems to be disagreeing this meeting and has left Japan before us"-Mr. Nobunaga opened the whole meeting right away...

"Yes, our son has gone rouge and we don't know where he is, forgive us and his reckless actions"-Mrs. Nobunaga followed his husband's cue to apologize for the inconvenience…

"Perhaps it's true that is, since here, as you may see our daughter Jae Kyung has brought a man and claims to be with him"-Mr. Ha, then eyes Jae Kyung and Woo Bin.

"Oh, no matter, after what our son has acted, he doesn't deserve such beauty and reserve woman as your daughter"-Mr. Nobunaga

"Yes, I do not have any whatsoever questions on their relationship, but I also hope ours won't be affected by this"-Mr. Ha smiled.

"But of course not, this such event won't be an adhere to our business transactions…"-Mrs. Nobunaga chimed in and the rest of the evening fell into laughter and giggles but the young couple Woo Bin and Jae Kyung have left for silence the whole dinner event.

After the dinner, the business partners exchange goodbyes and praises to each other…

"We will be going then, mom, dad, Woo Bin is exhausted since he had to work this morning'-Jae Kyung tried to make an excuse for them to make a break for it…

"Then, the more you have to stay here for the night then…"-Mr. Ha calmly answers Jae Kyung…

"What?"-Both Woo Bin and Jae Kyung answered in chimed to each other.

"Well, we are not under the illusion that both of you are not sleeping together, these kids these days…"-Mrs. Ha commented.

"But mom you see…"-Jae Kyung was about to protest

"Unless both of you are faking this up?"-Mr. Ha raised his brows and frown

"Of course not, we are together"-Jae Kyung clung into Woo Bin's arm which made him smirk a bit.

"We just don't want other people to say such awful things..."-Woo Bin then joined the whole argument…

"There won't be, this is the card to your room, you can both order in also, I already paid the whole night for it…"-Mr. Ha gave a card to Woo Bin which he reluctantly Accepts...

"But Dad..."-Jae Kyung was about to say something…

"It's okay honey, let's just stop here for a while just relax and snuggle for the night..."-Woo Bin wrapped his arms to Jae Kyung's and grinned at her since he also knows that the more they protest the more the parents will be suspicious of the whole set up…

"Ka Ja, Goodnight mother and good night father"-Woo Bin then forcefully took Jae Kyung to the elevator up to their room…

"Are you crazy!"-Jae Kyung shouted at Woo Bin as soon as they got inside their room which is anyway a huge one, with its kitchen and Jacuzzi too.

"Hey, I just save your , if you protested, even more, our covers would have blown into pieces..."-Woo Bin then shrugs. "I wouldn't have been in this mess if it weren't for you begging for help back at the café".

"Yah! Are you that heartless?"-Jae Kyung shouted back throwing a pillow at Woo Bin's direction.

"Well, maybe you should've been braver than running from it!"-Woo Bin shouted louder this time which made Jae Kyung taken aback, Woo Bin on the other made him surprised too since he is always composed of himself…

"Mianhe, I was..."-His words trailed off as soon as he catches Jae Kyung's fist which was about to land at his face…

"Sorry. Reflexes..."-Woo Bin smiled which made Jae Kyung even more furious, so she gathered all her strength throwing punches which unfortunately Woo Bin dodges all of them…

Woo Bin caught Jae Kyung's arm and twisted it lightly to her back so that she could not move…

"If I were you I'd stop this nonsense"-Woo Bin then firmly tells her but was also distracted by Jae Kyung's perfume and the scent of her hair…

Jae Kyung kicked harder to the back using one leg but missed and was able to escape Woo Bin's hold but when she kicked again; Woo Bin caught her leg and pulled it forward ending both them stumbling at each other to the bed…

Jae Kyung was caught up on struggling then realize Woo Bin was already on top of her, and both of them froze staring each other did not know what to do next…

Woo Bin was then mesmerized by Jae Kyung's dark eyes, who's eyes were fearless but soft at the same time.

His face was now inches from hers begins to lean even more to her and the next thing happened was Woo Bin already kissing Jae Kyung and her at first wanting to push Woo Bin and give him a beating gave in eventually… then…..

****Okay this part to those who are already adults…Yes, it happened between them but I'm not writing it since I'm too embarrassed to do so.****

So what do you think you guys? Too long? How bout the chap do you like it? Or hate it? Please leave a comment! And thanks to my subscribers again! Love lots! Xoxo

PS. All images used in my stories are from google images - thus, credits to its owners!