Chapter 18: Close Encounter

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Chapter 18: Close Encounter

 

Jun Pyo, Jan Di & Jae Kyung’s View

 

As soon as I hanged up the phone from the call, I sprint right away towards Jan Di and the girl who’s been clinging at her arms talking so loud as if  Jan Di is deaf or what;

The only thing in my mind right now is

 

 “How is she?” “Is she fine?” “Has he found out about her being in the country already? - but then I breathe in harshly knowing I have to be optimistic which is the only thing I can actually do now, I’ve given the order to my people to look for her through out the neighborhood and they will report to me on any progress every after 10 minutes….

 

When I was about to 2 feet away from them, it seems by instinct Jan Di turned around and met my worried looks, somehow that must’ve been her impression judging on how her face from bubbly laughing from Jae Kyung’s stupid jokes into a sullen look;

 

 which made me stop walking and like I said, by instinct she pulled her arms back away from Jae Kyung which made the other girl surprised and confused at first and when she hurriedly walk and stop in front of me, words that somehow made me stay calm and try to focus are these: “Is there something wrong??”-Jan Di asks as soon as she was close enough…

 

“It’s Hae Jin… she’s in trouble…”-I answered but in a very low voice that only she can hear…

 

“Trouble? Hae Jin? What happened?”-Jan Di from worry bombards all the questions at once….

 

“I don’t think this time we’ll be able to protect her at all...”-After all of the questions Jan Di asked that’s the only reply I could give…

 

And from behind the clicking sounds of heels from the shoes of the hurried feet of Jae Kyung echoes the pavement…

 

“Is there something wrong? Yah! Gu Jun Pyo! What is it?!”-Jae Kyung now yelling sensing something is up raises her voice asking right away…

 

I stared at them for a while debating again to myself if I’m going to tell them or not; they do not know yet on why we kept the part where Hae Jin’s father must not know where she is; or else she will be exiled again this time she won’t be coming back to Korea… but for a split second of deciding I decided to choose the right option….

 

“Let’s go somewhere to sit and I’ll tell you everything….”-I firmly remark at the two surprised girls who are now exchanging confused glances at each other…

 

After half-hour of talking them and answering all their questions while sipping some coffee at Jan Di’s favorite coffee shop, while from time to time taking peek on my mobile phone on what are the updates regarding of Hae Jin’s search…

 

“You mean… Hae Jin and Woo Bin’s father is that cruel?”-Jan Di then speaks which made me go back to reality from the trance…

 

“Poor Woo Bin… I never knew…”-Jae Kyung then comments not taking off her eyes from the coffee cup…

 

I stared at her and Jan Di did the same thing which actually made me surprise of her reaction about what I just said…

 

“I mean… Poor Woo Bin and Hae Jin, if only we knew we could’ve help you guys… he he”-Jae Kyung then somehow obviously defends on her reaction which somehow I still find it weird though…

 

“So, what are we doing here, we should be searching for her now… let’s go!”-Jan Di then puts down her cup grabbing my hand trying to pull me to a stand position which Jae Kyung follows as well… and before I knew it we’re outside already making our way to my car, and Jae Kyung insisted on getting into her car, so we let her do so…

 

I just hope it’s not too late yet…. (Sigh)

 

End of Jun Pyo, Jan Di & Jae Kyung’s View

 

************************************************************************

 

MEANWHILE….

 

Yi Jeong & Ga Eul’s View

 

I’m driving furiously right now, I just couldn’t believe Woo Bin when he said his father is back and if he’s back and finds out Hae Jin is home; there’s a high possibility that we’ll never be able to see her again… I shivered thinking that thought, after I lost my brother and even if we say we’re okay now… it’s far more different than the past and besides the other 3 (Woo Bin, Ji Hoo & Jun Pyo) and Jan Di and of course my girlfriend Ga Eul…

Hae Jin is on of the people on my life I don’t want to lose…

 

“Yi Jeong-Sshii”-Ga Eul says something after almost 10 minutes of silence and only driving which made me feel so bad somehow neglecting her, I already told her bout why and what happened and about what subject is the call I received earlier….

 

“Yi Jeong… Sshii?”-I somehow caught her calling me in a different way which made me blush a bit and chuckle finding her so cute…

 

“Ah… I mean, sunbae… well, I wanted to call you from now on differently so…”-Ga Eul was already blabbing which made me feel amused and not somehow getting a word from what she is saying… I just used my other hand to stir the wheel and the other to touch her hand and intertwine them with mine while smiling at her…

 

“It’s okay… you can call me anything you want…”-I smiled reassuring her in order for her not to feel embarrassed…

 

“Hae Jin’s situation is very complicated… and I can see you’re very worried of her sunbae”-Ga Eul bit her lower lip realize she is now back to calling me sunbae again which I don’t mind I seem to like it more when she calls me that way…

 

“Is my girlfriend jealous?”-I while stirring and somehow find myself chuckling even though in this situation nothing is amusing knowing Hae Jin is in jeopardy now…

 

“What—of course. Not… Hae Jin is a friend and I know she’s very close to you and the others, and I shouldn’t be cause…”-Ga Eul stop midway wide eyed knowing what she just said was embarrassing enough already…

 

“Why? Why are you not insecure of Hae Jin, she’s beautiful, attractive, smart, educated and she’s a childhood friend of mine… other may think we’re meant to be you know…”- I more waiting for her to react more on my remark…

 

“Well… no I’m still not jealous…”-Ga Eul straightened up her seating position playing with the seatbelt and raising her chin more as if in control…

 

“Really? Why so confident?”-I pushed more

 

“You see…”-Ga Eul took off her seat belt and before I could nag her not to take it off she leaned beside me landing a kiss to my cheek which made me surprised I even almost jerk the wheel out of surprise…

 

“Yi Jeong-sunbae is already mine…”-Ga Eul then sat back properly putting her seat belt back on… and looking at the window outside while trying to suppresses a scream of embarrassment…

 

 

“I never thought you could go much more cheesier than before, I was wrong… me too”-I commented right away…putting the gear of the car on standby since the traffic lights are on red, and when I was about to say something .

 

I saw a man walking outside of a café his hands on his pockets looking at both end of the street before crossing flipping his auburn red hair, as he walks in front of our car crossing the street, I unconsciously took of my seatbelt and got off the car not realizing what I’m doing…

 

 

“Impossible… was that…?”-I was talking out loud so caught up I did not realize the traffic lights went green from red and I can hear Ga Eul asking me to come back to the car, I was causing quiet a traffic because of it, before I could go back inside the car I bow to apologize to the drivers at he back…

 

I hurriedly fasten my seatbelt and stir my car forward to avoid more traffic at the back.

 

“Sunbae, something wrong?”-Ga Eul asks in a worried look

 

“Ah... nothing, I thought I saw someone I knew before…”-I answered

 

“Really a close friend”-Ga Eul tilts her head out of curiosity

 

“Ah, no a long long childhood friend… must’ve been the wrong one, it’s impossible he’s already abroad”-I firmly state while stirring the wheel…

 

“Let’s go find Hae Jin ad meet with the others”-I then push the pedal to the metal to be faster

 

“Okay, let me call Jan Di”-Ga Eul fishes out her phone and dials Jan Di’s number…

 

“Yobeoseyo? Jan Di-ah…”-Ga Eul

 

End of Yi Jeong & Ga Eul’s View

************************************************************************

 

MEANWHILE….

 

Hae Jin’s View

 

As I look outside from the taxi cab’s window I feel so weak, so sad, so tired… I’m not even sure what I really feel, I felt bad hanging up the call from Ji Hoo-Oppa, but if I did not do that I would’ve shouted at him and tell him really bad things.

 

Which I’m trying to avoid to do as much as possible, I can never force someone to like me much less Ji Hoo-Oppa but… somehow in me, I felt that- - -, no I thought that maybe even little Ji Hoo-Oppa might be feeling the same thing…

 

Woo Bin-Oppa called me when I just got in the cab I turned it off and took out the battery, trying to avoid his calls… I will explain everything when I see him; but leaving out the part of me getting dump by his own best friend… I heave a deep sigh while clumsily slump my head back to the seat…

 

“Mianhe Oppa…”-I whispered to myself then a flash image of the guy earlier pops out to my head…

 

“Han? He’s so familiar… wait, we Koreans almost all look the same so that must be why…”-I furrowed my brows trying to brush off the thought then I dig out a powder mirror from my bag then took a glance myself and I was so surprised of my image, mascara smudge circles round my eyes which no wonder the guy earlier says I look miserable as if a newly widowed wife or a obviously dumped girl…

 

I grab a tissue out of my bag and trying to rub it off putting another coat of concealing cream then blush and extra mascara to make my eyes small and so that people will not notice the budging eyes of mine…

 

“Miss where to?”-the taxi driver asks me which made me slap myself forgot to give the address

 

“Here”-I gave him an address written on a tissue paper, I still don’t know where what is so I basically just give addresses…

 

About twenty minutes of driving we arrived finally at the building…

 

At the 8th floor hall….

 

Woo Bin’s View

 

“I took out the documents and I will be waiting for your proposal for the upcoming auction, and I will be personally calling your sister to come home, I bet she will be thrilled bout it”- Mr. Song was talking while reading some papers of documents, different new contracts for the development of the hotel and other properties…

 

“Woo Bin-ah are you listening?”- Mr. Song then asks again noticing his first born is so busy texting instead of listening to what he is saying…

 

“Ah… Mianhe Abeoji, what was it again?”- Woo Bin asks again and felt stupid not listening to a single word

 

“I said I’ll be the one calling your sister to come home… just focus on the event in hand”- Mr. Song was not done talking when

 

“WHAT?!!”-Woo Bin’s thought was made out loud expressing his shock or surprise

 

“Did you just yell at me?”- Mr. Song asks firmly so serious and what’s the problem of me calling her

 

“A… Aniyo, I mean… it’s much more better if I’ll be the one calling her, and besides it’s been a while since I talked to her… please Abeoji…”-Woo Bin adjust his tie while talking to gain leverage and courage as well trying not to be so obvious.

 

“Well fine, I couldn’t deny you the opportunity to speak to your sister…”-Mr. Song then comments which made Woo Bin exhaled in a relief…

 

Woo Bin’s phone rang when they were about to get on the elevator to leave the building and take his father to his mansion which means the house he is sleeping in and Hae Jin’s home now...

 

The caller of the phone made Woo Bin answers it immediately…

 

“Excuse me I have to take this…”-Woo Bin excuses himself to the corner before he hit accept the call…

 

“Yobeoseyo... what? Now?!”-Woo Bin couldn’t help react exaggeratedly which made his father and his assistant look up at him…

 

“Woo Bin let’s go now…”-Woo Bin’s father and his assistant got in the elevator and he hanged up the phone right away and was just in the nick of time got in the elevator.

 

“Abeoji, we have to go to the administers office to pick a document first”-Woo Bin states while pushing the number 2 for 2nd floor of the building….

 

“What? No need, let them send it at home…”- Mr. Song then clicks the number 2 again and with that the number 2 who’s in red light turned off…

 

“But…”-Woo Bin was about to rebut

“No Buts… I’m tired already…”-Mr. Song firmly says

 

 

Outside the Building….

 

Hae Jin’s View

 

I hurriedly walk to the entrance of our building while trying not to trip on the way, as I came in the entrance it seems no one recognizes me when I entered well, I gotta say it’s been a long time since they saw me… so I understand it, I felt weird though anyone here not knowing me not like in the U.S. I was swarmed by a lot of people…

 

When I arrive at the elevator area, I pushed the up button and as I was waiting for the door to open I just played with myself looking at the screen on top the numbers going down from the 8th floor to 7th floor to 6th floor and so on….

 

As if it was so long I somehow felt nervous and my heart was beating so fast and I touch my chest with my other hand….

 

And when the elevator was down to 2nd floor to 1st floor… then to the ground floor

 

And when then elevator was about to open…

 

A pair of hands grabbed and pulled me away which made run as well going around the corner behind the walls… I tried to pull away but stop midway staring to the eyes of……………

 

End of Chapter

 

 

 

++Will the pretend be over for our heroine (Hae Jin)? ++

++How will Woo Bin face his biggest fear “losing his sister again”? ++

++Will Jun Pyo and Yi Jeong be able to get there in time to protect Hae Jin? ++

++Can you guess who’s the person grabbing Hae Jin? ++

 

Note:

 

Okay you guys just finished this! I really tried my best and I’m so proud to say I just finished typing all this in less than 2 hours, I got so inspired by you guys… and sorry bout the late update okay? I’ll try my best to update sooner…

 

So what are your thoughts of my new update bout the chapter perhaps, or the story if it’s getting boring…? (Hope not)

 

Please100x comment before you leave okay???

Love you guys! Still being Humble-Goody2shoes! =)