Chapter 5: Trouble in Paradise

True Confessions of A Troubled Heart

Chapter 5: Trouble in Paradise

Is this the shop? It looks like its some old shack… oops! I just insulted it, stupid me…

"Uhmm, excuse me is this it?"-I asked the driver kindly as possible

"Yes miss this is the place, that's what the address said, the one you gave me"-he eyed me in the rearview mirror...

"Uh, okay... here... keep the change please, thanks a lot"-I bowed to him, but he cut me off.

"Miss? You seem very familiar; you look like that girl in the Forbes magazine?"-he asked me tilting his head...

I nervously sweat-up with that statement... "Uh, no, how can I look like that person, I am using a regular cab am I?"-I tried to smile truthfully, hoping he won't see it through.

"Yeah, you are right rich people must've been using big cars than this… okay, have a safe trip around town miss"-he bowed to me which I was grateful and got out of the cab right away, I stopped half-way to the store since I was nervous that I might get into the wrong shop, and besides I'm not quite known to the places anymore here in Korea.

Ga Eul's POV

I feel bad leaving last night without saying goodbye to Yi Jeong-sunbae…. (sigh)

I already miss him so much…

-Sitting here alone since it is still 11:30 not rush hour, it's Saturday and It's my day-off on teaching and Jan Di is off too. So we decided to volunteer and help Boss here at the porridge shop… I'm happy that it's running great although the place is kinda old already, we are planning to renovate it, I blushed at the thought that our boss is already married for 2 years now and happily expecting his first child too...

I wonder what our child will look like. (Having thoughts of me and Yi Jeong-sunbae having a baby) The baby can't have Yi Jeong's smile or else he'll be swarmed with girls and leave his mother early...- I hold up my hands to cover my face quietly smiling to myself… Gosh! Why am I imagining things!

At least Jae Kyung is having fun destroying the kitchen, she's been learning to make a sunny-side-up egg, but unfortunately for the egg, it got burned, it's her 56th tries since 8 this morning... (sigh) I pity her future husband...

Well, Jun Pyo-sunbae is blessed to the core since Jan Di is not bad at cooking, she makes food every day for Jun Pyo-sunbae since the guy begs it to her and reminds her every night before going to sleep, annoying but sweet.. hmmm! –I pout at that thought

Hey, who's that girl peeking at the store's window? Huh? Is that Hae Jin?

I got up and open the entrance door but accidentally I did not notice she leaned on it and when I opened it she fell forward… and everyone rushes to where I am…

Woo Bin's POV

Where's that girl anyway? She makes me worry every time… (sigh) I dialed Jaek Kyung's number but it always directed me to the voicemail... this monkey somehow is getting on my nerves always, wait why am I letting her affect me? suddenly her image at the restaurant where we met again after more than 4 years not seeing each other, her hair now long, here style seemed to change too and seem to be more feminine than the last time we met like she was a wife's gangster or something.. I suddenly felt red warmness on my cheeks, both of them...

I brushed that off my mind, crazy thoughts, ever since I saw her again I seem to be having some thoughts… well, to be honest not some, but almost every time I see something irritating it reminds me of her... and I just saw her last night, what's up with that?

I drive fast with my metallic yellow sports car to where the porridge shop is; since I talked to the hospital staff to where Jan Di worked and they say she's off today and tomorrow and most probably be in the porridge shop with her best friend… and knowing that friend is Ga Eul and the others told me Jae Kyung is living with them in the meantime...

I assume right away she's with them at the shop and most probably Hae Jin there with that reckless monkey…

I just hope nothing bad happened to her; I do not want her to get hurt nor see her at that state 10 years ago…

"Woo Bin in the future you will ruin everything I own and so you must grow into a firm man? You understand?"- The guy sitting at the large chair spoke in such a low voice yet very over-powering as well…

The boy only nodded at everything his father says to him, ever since his mother passed away his father made a lot of bigger changes and that includes his approach to his children... like they're just his subordinates as well…

"As for your sister, she is weak like your mother was…"- he spoke cordlessly

"No, she wasn't weak! She protects me and Hae Jin all the time!"-I did not know what got into me reacting like that; my father shot me the kind of look that says you-better-shut-up-or-I'll-slap- you look to me…

"She'll be sent to New York to study and be more responsible to handle things in the future, a weakling is of no use at the Song Household"-he said it in a proud voice…

"No! I won't let you take us apart!"-as I finished those words he did it… for the first time my father, my father slapped so bad I fell to the ground, then I heard hurried footsteps from behind…

"Dad! No! Don't hurt Oppa I'll go, I'll do anything that'll please you, just don't hurt him"-Hae Jin cried, tears flowing endlessly at her beautiful soft cheeks... she stood up in front of me spreading her arms as if trying to defend me from something more menacing…

"You will do everything? Even leaving your brother and go abroad alone?"- The tall guy smirks at the girl in front of him... not affected at all with the tears she just shed…

"Yes! I'll do anything as long as... you won't hurt him"-Hae Jin

"Hae Jin, no, don't do it I can take it"-I begged for her at that moment not to give in at fathers deception…

"Its okay Oppa, I'll be fine and when I return I'll prove to everyone that I am a Song"- she just flashed a smile to me, but I can see the hurt in those hazel brown eyes…

"You speak like a true Song, then it's settled you leave for New York tomorrow morning"- he just left just like that...

END OF FLASHBACK

After Hae Jin left I promised to myself that I'll do everything as well to make it through,

But without my father's consent, we with my other 3 friends would visit her surprisingly from time to time… but for ten years I only got to visit her 4 times…

I pushed my foot down the accelerator and I see my friends follow to driving their ride as well, they decided to come with me just in case something might come up, am I that lucky bastard to have such loyal friends. I just shrug...

End of Woo Bin's POV

"Are you okay?"-Ga Eul frantically shrieks when she saw Hae Jin fell flat which earned the attention of Jan Di who was wiping the tables and the boss and the hopelessly Chef-wannabe Jaek Kyung in the kitchen... they ran to Ga Eul and asked her what happened. But it was all cut off when they saw someone laying flat to the floor…

"I'm fine, my head hurts but it' okay"-Hae Jin smiled while kneeling, although it was obvious she's hurt that's because she made a loud thud to the floor with her head slamming first...

"Ah! Ottoke! You're hurt!"-Jan Di yelled and went to Hae Jin's side right away when she noticed her side forehead seems to have a bruise and scratch as well at her temple...

"Yah! you're so clumsy! I'll get the medkit... where's the medkit sensei?"-Jae Kyung ran from here to there and asks a lot to the owner of the shop which she calls sensei since she's trying to learn to cook...

"At the top shelf in the kitchen on your left by the linoleum stove, hurry-up"-the boss right away instructed his so-called student... which she reluctantly obeyed...

"Get a towel and a basin half warm and half cold water and some ice-pack too..."-Jan Di ordered Ga Eul who is also panicking… the boss turned the sign to the door "closed" so to avoid any more mess…

"I'm fine really, it's just a small headache that's all"-Hae Jin tried to calm everyone but it seems she is ignored…

"What do you mean you're fine, here crouch in the chair lay your head, face-up, and you must be having some minor concussion..."-Jan Di instructed the girl who stubbornly wants to avoid is being taken care off… besides she's a doctor she can't just ignore this…

"Why didn't you come inside right away and instead of leaning at the entrance door?"-Jan Di asks the girl who is closing her eyes to avoid water drops to her eyes from the ice pack…

"Mianhe, I was having doubts whether this is the right shop that the address Jae Kyung-unnie gave to me"-She spoke very apologetic to what the commotion she just created…

The author says: and to think that the worse is done…

A guy busts his way into the shop followed by three other men…

"Oppa?"-Hae Jin then suddenly stood up but lost her balance since she still has a headache but fortunately was caught by Woo Bin by the arm.

"Yah, we've been looking for you! You got me..."-he was cut off when he saw a blue thing on her forehead when he gently pulled up her hair away from her forehead, he realized it was a bruise not to mention with a scratch like she was scratch by wolverine only small version in her temple...

"Who did this to you huh? I'll break that person's bones, every tendon and he'll wish he didn't exist!"-he did go at the rage for what he just saw specially when she squinted when he touched her, only making him realized she got hurt badly...

"Oppa! Don't jump into..."-she got cut off when another one spoke...

"Whoever that person is, will die instantly..."-Jun Pyo made a fist acting that he's ready to punch someone...

"It was my fault"-everyone turned to the petite girl who was standing behind them the whole time...

"What?"-Yi Jeong ran to Ga Eul's side… "What do you mean it's your fault? What happened? Are you hurt?"-Yi Jeong then bombarded Ga Eul with questions but stopped when the girl got teary…

"Yah! Don't look at her like that! It was my fault okay!"-Hae Jin yelled to the group since she'll only ignore them if she spoke in a normal voice… she told them what exactly happened... (Blah, Blah, Blah)

"Oh... okay, are you now fine?"-Woo Bin then asked after the whole explanation, then was responded with a nod... "Ga Eul-Sshi mianhe, I was impulsive, I must've scared the crap out of you"-He then apologizes to everything he said although indirectly, it must've been still scary though...

"It's okay, I might've said the same thing too if that happened to anyone dear to me..."-Ga Eul smiled and was shocked when Yi Jeong gave her a peck on the cheeks and slipped his hands on her waist, which made her blush to death.

"Yah! Aren't you going to say something? Mister?"-Jan Di nudges the guy beside her who was sulking the entire time when Hae Jin explained to them the whole thing…

"Mister? Yah! I'm your fiancée!"-Jun Pyo returned to his usual self but stopped abruptly... "Gae Eul-ah mianhe, I was pretty impulsive too..."-he bowed forcefully when Jan Di eyed him to do so… and received a smile as an acceptance...

"Here... for the concussion..."-Ji Hoo then offered a tablet for her headache…

"Thank you, Oppa"-Hae Jin thanked Ji Hoo and turned away as soon as she accepted the Meds from him as so not notice her blushing state…

"Whoa... smooth move Ji Hoo-Sshii... here a glass of water for that"-Jae Kyung nudge Ji Hoo and gave the glass to Hae Jin... and she finds it amusing since she caught the face of Ji Hoo slightingly blush...

So what do you think? Did you like it? Give me some comments on what you think… is my FF getting interesting? Or getting bored?

See ya at the next chap!