Chapter 2

What? ArrangedToYou

Dear dairy,

It’s been a couple of hours and guess what?? I’m almost the CEO. At least appa is smart enough to see my potential instead of my gender. I’m so excited, I can just go out and hand a person 1 billion dollars. I pulled out my best dress and even my make-up looks on top. Beat this chairman, I promise you he’s the first person that I will replace after being CEO. I don’t care if he got the most seats in the company. He’s just a IST. Oh yeah I bumped into Nam-Joonniiee, he became all slim and handsome. He’s going to call me later today, just catching up I think. I need to head out, wish me good luck, like I don’t have that already.

Ttyl xoxo Ming

I was in the car on my way to the restaurant. I was nervous. Finally after all these years of studying paid off.. The ride seemed pretty long, I didn’t know what to do to amuse myself. I was in a car all by myself, wise appa and witch stepmom rode together and went sooner, so they must’ve arrived there already. Maybe warming everyone up , so when I get there, I can make my grand entrance.

Oppa went ahead too, he needed to pick up some papers from his agency before arriving there. It’s basically me alone in this car with my assistant Henry. “Henry did you find the music I asked you from my brother?” I asked him to break the overwhelming silence. “Yes Ming of course, he left all his cd’s on your bed as a present” Henry poured me some lemonade and helped me retouch my make-up before getting out. We were almost there, my body began to shiver, I was really nervous. What do I say? How should I greet? I feel so unprepared.

“Ming, we’ve arrived” Henry alerted me. I looked outside, the restaurant was breathtaking, guess appa really did a good job to surprise me. The car stopped and TOP opened the door with an umbrella, it wasn’t even raining that hard, only some raindrops here and there. It takes only one raindrop to fall on me and ruin my whole outfit, that’s a fact. Henry handed me my poncho so that I won’t freeze to death.  We went inside, there we met with my dad’s assistant, Henry’s dad. He was an handsome man, that explained why my assistant was handsome too. He looked younger for his age, I always looked up to him, unlike my dad, he was smarter and respect full.

We got in the elevator and stepped out on the 3rd floor. We walked through a small hallway and got to the restaurant, it was breathtaking. The restaurant was fully made out of glass, even the table and the tableware, it wasn’t too much but perfect. I took my poncho off and followed the hostess to the table, I thanked the hostess and stood beside my dad. “She made it, Darling meet Mr. and Ms. Kim and their handsome son Kim Tae-Hyung” my dad introduced me to the other family. I bowed “Nice to meet you Mr. and Ms. Kim, my name is Yook Ming but please call me Ming” I politely greeted them.

“The pleasure is ours” Mr. Kim  replied while showing me to sit down. Who is he? Maybe he could be the lawyer, but that won’t explain why he brought his whole family along with him. Maybe they tagged along because of  the free food but the lady doesn’t seem like that kind of a woman. She’s better dressed than my stepmom. “Now that our guest of honor is here we can start the celebration” my dad announced. The waiters brought in l’entrée, it was mushroom soup. Who ordered this? It took exactly 2 spoons before I felt like puking. I used to like mushrooms, but not anymore since Ms. Mold became my stepmom.

“Darling, you don’t like the soup?” Ms. Kim asked me. “I’m saving space for the main dish later, Ms. Kim” I polity answered her back. “Watching your line, I understand darling” she smiled at me. “May I?” Tae- Hyung asked me. “Excuse me?” I asked him shocked. “Can I have your bowl of soup?” he smiled at me. Say what, he didn’t just asked me that. “I guess you can have it” I handed him my bowl, still in shock. “Thank you” his face lit up like an African kid who celebrated Christmas for the first time in USA. He was eating fast and smiled after every bite, but he still had time to think about his table manners. This dude is scaring me, this can’t be normal. He noticed that I was watching him eat, I didn’t look away, why should I?.

It didn’t take long before the main dish came out. It was my favorite, steak. I looked around the table when my eyes stopped, of course on Tae-Hyung. Guess it’s his favorite food too, he was observing the steak. Carefully he cut it and slowly brought the meat in to his mouth. It took him 40 sec to chew the piece of meat, savoring the juice of the meat, making his face light up. When he was done swallowing he had a big smile on his face. I swear he looked so adorable.

He opened his eyes and looked at me, “Don’t you like steak?” he asked me. “ Yes, in matter fact it’s my favorite meat” I started to eat my steak, this time enjoying each bite that I took. The taste was indeed delicious. Tae-Hyung smiled at me and continued eating his steak. Before I knew it my plate was empty. Depression sunk in afterwards, I really enjoyed eating that steak. The waiters cleaned up the table, it was time for my second favorite course, dessert. It was Frrrozen Haute Chocolate, my ultimate favorite. The taste is so define you couldn’t even dream of it.               

During dessert, my dad tapped his glass of champagne. “May I get everyone’s attention please?” everyone turned their heads at him, I was annoyed because who the hell stops someone from eating their dessert. Breaks in dessert time is a major no, no. This old rascal better have a good reason.

“Today, we all came to unite two families and become one, a strong one in every way. Tae-Hyung it’s my greatest honor to give you my only princess her hand in marriage, treat her like a queen. Darling embrace your new husband and love him with all your heart, he is quit a catch, haha” my dad announced. H..U..S..B..A..N..D..??? my brain froze for a second. “Well if I may too, even though this may shock you guys, it’s a great opportunity for the both of you, please see the positive side to this. Ming we welcome you in our family with open arms and I can assure you that my son is going to love you with all his heart” Mr. Kim announced.

A narrow smile came on my face, I excused myself from the table to go to the bathroom. Henry came after me “Miss Ming are you okay?”