Last Chapter

What? ArrangedToYou

V’s pov

Ming looked around in the interrogation room. Why was she there? She kept on wondering. I slowly started to feel my breathing steady. *Beep* - *Beep* I heard sudden beeping sounds from afar. I started to take deep breaths. The vision of Ming being in the interrogation room was becoming blurry, until it fully disappeared. My eyes slowly opened and I noticed the very bright lighting. My blurry vision slowly became clearer. I could feel my body loosen a bit up. My neck was a bit stiff. I couldn't move properly. What happened? I started to wonder. “Tae’s eyes are open!” I heard Yoongi hyung’s voice. “Where’s Ming?” I heard him ask. “Hyung?” Kookie leaned in front of me. I looked at him and wanted to smile but my muscles were still stiff. “Taehyung?” I heard the door open and saw Ming suddenly on the other side. She just stood still and studied me. “I’m so glad you finally woke up” she smiled at me. “Your parents are on the way but the doctor still has to take a look at you” I wanted her to slow down. She seemed very excited. “It’s okay noona. We should wait outside” Kookie pointed her to a direction. “Don’t fall back to sleep” Ming leaned in and kissed my cheek. My eyes grew big. Ming just kissed me. She just kissed my cheek.

 

3 weeks later…

V’s pov

“Carefull Snowy” Ming was holding  my arm while helping me up the stairs . Snowy was excited to see me again. After 2 months and 3 weeks being in a coma as I was told. Luckily I didn’t break anything and small injuries from my head only remained since I flew towards the glass of the car when it had hit me. Ming was everyday by my side at the hospital. Keeping me company as Suga hyung had explained to me yesterday. “Home sweet home” she opened the door and I noticed the changes. There were two wall pictures hanging of me and her. “It’s your moms idea” she responded before I could even think about who could’ve done it, it was as if she read my mind. “Wow” I grabbed my slippers and walked to the new room that was made downstairs. I got them from the hospital because I did have some muscle pain. But the pain seemed to lessen when I moved more. I sat on the bed and looked around. “Is it comfortable?” she asked me. I nodded. “You like?”she screamed while walking out of the room. I nodded while looking around. The room was bright lemon color with dark furniture. It looked pretty. I wonder who designed it. “Made you some soup. I hope it tastes good” Ming came back in with a tray with on top a bowl of soup. I adjusted a bit on the bed and took it from her hand. “Carefull it’s hot” I looked at the seaweed soup she made for me and smiled carefully at her. “Oppa?” she whispered to me. I looked up at her. She smiled nervously back. She sat and studied me eating her soup. It was delicious, she must have gotten better in cooking when I was away. “I uhm I want to uhm take you on a uhm. Phew” she closed her eyes. She was a nervous wreck for some reason. I put my spoon on the side of the bowl and payed my full atention to her. She took deep breaths and closed her eyes tight before asking me to go out with her. I looked a bit suprised at her. She wants us to go on a date? I kept on wondering. I slowly started to nod. “Yeah sure. I’ll go with you” a big smile appeared on her face. “Then I’ll get changed and you should too” she grabbed the bowl from me and my spoon from my mouth. “But, but” she shook her head cutely. “No butts oppa, get changed quickly ” I nodded in understandment. She left my room. She has changed a lot and I mean in a good way. She wasn’t like that icecold Ming from before. She was sweeter. I slowly stood up and walked towards the closet to change my shirt atleast. I grabbed my slippers but put them aside and made an effort walking to the couch in the living room. It hurts still but I was excited to see where she planned to take me. “Taetae?” she called me. “I’m here” I slowly turned in the couch towards the stairs.

 

 “Tadaa! Do you like it?” she jumped from the lst step of the stairs while holding the bar. I studied her from head to toe. She looked simply cute in her jeans and a hoodie. She grabbed the leesh and put it on Snowy after grabbing our jackets and car key. “I’m driving” she said after helping me put my jacket on. “Can you drive?” I asked her a bit worried. She nodded while opening the back door and letting Snowy in. I sat in the passenger’s seat next to her. She nervously checked everything before starting the car and started to drive. “Slow down while going down this hill” I warned her while watching the speedmeter. “I know” she said but didn’t really slow down. She turned and continued to drive at a higher speed. “You’re over the speed limit. Be carefull” she ignored me and stopped at the red light while plugging her phone in and called her brother. “It’s not the best idea to drive and call-” he had picked up. “Uh?” his voice sounded through the speakers. “I’m dropping Snow with you. I’m nearby dad’s house oppa” she said to him. “Huh? Okay, okay bring him in” he hung up. “Snowy is going to visit his girlfriend” Ming explained to me. “Girlfriend?” I asked amazed. “Hmm it’s my dad’s new dog, they are the same breed” she turned and got in the street of her old house. It seemed as if I was dreaming about her being abused by her dad and that he had moved on. It was all a dream. “Snow we’re here” she parked the car in the middle of the driveway. “You want to come?” she asked me. I shook my head. She took Snowy and went inside. Her phone went off and I noticed the caller ID. They broke up right? I remember that she told Snowy last time. That’s why I decided to try my luck. I wanted to pick up but if she found out she would be mad. The phone was still going on. I pressed on green. “Hello?” he asked. “Ming is inside her house right now” I finally said. “Ow okay. I’ll try later” he hung up. I looked at the side and saw ming walking out with her dad following. I lowered the glass down. “Taehyung, my son. How are you feeling?” he asked me sort of concerned. “I’m doing better Mr. Yook” I answered with a smile. “That’s better to hear. Yah Ming drive carefully, dont want the accident to repeat again” Ming had sat down in the driver’s seat and was putting her safety belt on. “Of course dad” she eyed him. “Then I’ll be heading inside. Have fun” he stepped back and waved at us. Ming looked at me before I closed the window again. “My dad was really concerned about you. He had arrived as the first one at the hospital when it happened” she explained. I nodded while sitting back in the chair. Should I tell her he called? Or would that just ruin everything?. I slowly sank in my thoughts. I didn’t know why I was feeling so uneasy. Ming had put music on while humming slowly in the car.

 

“Tu, tu turutudu mister chu~” I got distracted by her voice. “ahcoo tananana ta nana” I giggled in myself at her. “Are you making fun at me?” she suddenly asked me. “Of course not” I replied while looking outside. “Why you lying?” she asked cutely. I looked at her and my hand carressed her cheek as if it was nothing new. Her cheeks were warm and slighty pink. “We uhm, we are almost there” she avoided eye contact with me. “Okay” I looked back outside. “Ow uhm someone called while you dropped of Snow at your dad’s” maybe it’s for the best if I told her. “Ow really?” she grabbed her phone at the stoplight and checked. “Why did he call?” she asked herself. So they didn’t have contact with each other? “Hmm maybe it’s something for oppa” she put her phone down and checked herself in the mirror. I kept staring at her. I was really happy to know that she and him didn’t have something going on. “Is something wrong?” she asked cutely. “No I was just thinking how cute you look today” she smiled while looking at me quickly before concentrating back on the road. “I know” she responded. “Who told you that?” I asked her curiously. “My dad, since the day I was born” she giggled. “Oh my” I said sarcastically. She couldn’t stop laughing. “Eyes on the road” I reminded her. “Yah, I know how to drive” she reminded me. “I know but I’ve never been in a car with you driving” I just realised. “Because you’ve never asked me” she made her point. The ride was long but it was fun since we were talking to each. After the long drive we had arrived at a big farm. “We are here” she said after turning the engine off. “I told you to use the GPS” I joked while unbuckling my seatbelt. “Yah, don’t mess with me” she yelled from the car. After closing the car we walked towards the house on the farm. It was quiet and slowly getting dark. “What are we doing here?” I asked her. “We are going to help” she said excited. “Help?” I asked amazed. “Mhmm yes, your mom asked, what did you think?” she asked me. “I thought this was a date” I said shyly. “Yes of course silly. A date at a farm, how romantic” she giggled at her sarcastic remark. I really wanted this to be our date. I should win her over but how? She wasn’t easy to understand as other girls. She’s not impressed with gifts but dressed as if she would. She has this cold aura but she’s the most relaxed and helpfull girl I have ever known. Maybe I should marry her as soon as possible, that way I can win her heart slowly. “Taehyung here, for you to change in. We get to pluck strawberries” she seemed excited. How did mom plan this knowing I’m still sick? Just then I see her approaching us. “Son are you excited?” she smiled warmly at me. “Why mom?” I asked her while Ming excused herself and went to change. “It would be fun for you to do something with your fiance and bring you two even closer. I don’t know if you remmebered Japan. Are you listening?” I nodded. She was right and was helping me a lot. “Now get changed and I know your muscles still hurt but it would be a perfect time for her to help you out” she ruffeled my hair while walking away. I smiled at her and went to change. It was more difficult than I had expected. “Taehyung?” I heard Ming calling for me. “Uh yes?” I said scarred.

 

 

“Are you almost done or should I go ahead?” she asked me. “Uhm can you help me?” I asked her while unlocking the door. “I, uhm sure” she said a bit doubtful but didn’t enter. “This shirt is stuck to my necklace can you?” I tried explaining while bowing a bit. She came in and carefully wrapped her arms around my neck to fix my problem. I couldn't hold my hands up as I would disturb her and decided to wrap my hands around her waist. She didn’t really mind, I think. We both were quiet. It was so quiet you could hear her breath nervously next to me. She tiptoed a bit to see behind my neck. My grip became tighter around her waist unknowingly. “Done. Let’s go” she pushed herself slowly from me. I let her go and stood up straight. We should head out. I followed her to the green glas. It’s big and spacious and low. Ming handed me my pair of gloves but she wasn’t paying attention to me anymore but at the farmer who started explaining to her how to pick the strawberries. “Omo omo omo” I turned to the familiar voice and laughed nervously. Aunt Yuri, it’s her farm? I started to wonder and look for clues. Both ming and the farmer looked at us. “Taehgunnie lookz at chou” yep I’m doomed. “Aunt Yuri” I turned and hugged her. “Iszh been longsz time achoo” she hugged me back. “Ah new farmer girl?” she talked normal back. Aunt Yuri loved talking to me in gibberish baby language even though I didn’t understand a thing. I always wondered why she did it. “Hello I’m Yook Ming” Ming introduced herself. “My fiance” I added proudly. “Just get to work. Come Taehgunnie yoush need to rest” aunt Yuri grabbed my arm and pulled me with her. I turned and looked at Ming but she started to work. I felt bad, aunt Yuri was coldhearted towards girlfriends, fiances and wives.

 

Ever since she was obligated to marry out her son for business purposes. The only thing was Ming of course doesn’t know and may be hurt  by her words. I sighed and didn’t really pay attention to aunt Yuri who dragged me into the kitchen. I took a seat on the chair at the table. “Taegunnie tell me, do you really want to marry her?” she asked. “Because if you don’t you can move in with me and I’ll protect you from her” she continued not letting me answer. “ I will not let history repeat itself” she said determaind. “Ani aunt. I really like her” I said. “But what if she doesn’t like you back?” she asked concerned. “You don’t want to be the only one in love?” she asked me. “She loves me aunt. I know that or else she would have left me while I was in that coma” I explained. She didn’t seem to agree. “Maybe it’s just pity” she said disgusted while pouring a cup of milk for me. “I don’t think it’s pity. She has been the whole time from day till night until I woke up. She must be in love to stay like that by my side. Even now she’s taking amazingly good care of me” aunt turned and handed me the cup. “Drink up and I’ll trust you, but if she-” she raised a finger. “She won’t trust me” I smiled at her while standing up and heading outside. “Taehyung I wasn’t strong enough to protect my son but I’ll be here for you” she carresed my arm before going out of the kitchen. Aunt Yuri’s guilt is killing her. I do feel sorry.

 

I just wished she could like Ming like my mom does. Maybe they have differences. I was heading towards the green glass again. I stopped in the opening looking at Ming grabbing the strawberries. Her basket was getting quite full. I approached her with the cup of milk. “You missed one” she turned and looked at me. “Ow that’s because it’s not rype yet” she explained. “I brought you milk” I handed her the cup. She took a few sips before handing it back. “Tastes delicious. I think we got to head back” she handed me the basket full of strawberries. I grabbed one and tasted it. She grabbed the sweetest ones. They were delicious. While I was waiting I kept tasting the strawberries. Ming changed fast and said her goodbyes. I followed her and got in the car. The whole ride back she was quiet. I didn’t realize because I was busy eating until we pulled over at her dad’s house to pick up Snowy. She went inside and stayed a bit too long before coming out with her brother. Sungjae waved at me when he approached the car. “Oppa wanted to say hi” Ming said while opening my door. “Taehyung how are you?” he asked playfully. I smiled and nodded. “The joke is on you bye oppa” Ming ran to the other side of the car. “Yah be nice” Sungjae warned her. “Can I have one?” he asked me. I nodded and gave him four. There weren’t much left. “Omo Tae you’re eating everything” Sungjae laughed. “He can” Ming said in a whisper. “Oppa can the door close. I want to leave” she said. “Okay, okay. See you later” Sungjae closed the door.

 

The next morning

Dear Taehyung,

I know you’ll be shocked but it’s for the best. I know we spent times together and you may have grew feelings for me. But my heart belongs to another. I don’t want to give you false hope and after the accident I realized it’s better for me to step away. I’ll be close and we can be friends. You’re a great guy and I’m sorry you had to deal with me. By the time you wake up, i’ll be gone.

See you next time,
your fiance,
Ming.

 

The end…..