Chapter 4

What? ArrangedToYou

A.R.R.A.N.G.E.D. M.A.R.R.I.A.G.E. that’s what the devil has brought to me as a gift. Was I maybe a bad girl this year that I deserved donkey’s lost twin? Santa better bring me everything from my wish list. I  hope V will help me, I need a new plan. Plan A: to STOP this wedding. I just wasted my time convincing my dad. That has been the wrong strategy. I need to show that I can improve the business but behind my father’s back of course. He proved me that I can’t trust him anymore. I regret coming back home.

Ttyl, XOXO Ming. 

A week has passed by and I locked myself in my room. It may seem childish but I want to prove to my dad that I’m against this wedding. I don’t want to be involved in this mess, he better fix this fast. I got a message from V saying he wants to meet me in person so we can talk. I hope he’s on my side to stop this wedding. Why is marring this guy so important to my dad, that he’s totally against me giving up this wedding?

*Knock* *Knock* “Come in”. Henry came in. “Ming, it’s time for you to get ready” he came to inform me and went back outside. I stood up from my bed and went into my closet. I grabbed some washed out jeans and an oversized Hello Kitty sweater. I didn’t make any effort in makeup, just some mascara. I put my hair in a messy bun. I texted Henry to tell TOP, that I was ready. I texted V to let him know I was on my way to the coffee shop where we planned to meet.

V texted me back. From V: Already?, I’ll be on my way after my hyungs finish practicing their song. I’m such big fanboy of them, just wait at the cafe.

Are you kidding me? I’m making at least an effort to go out and meet him and he makes me wait? I swear this dude works on my nerve. Hold it in Ming, hold it in Ming.

 I texted him back : To V: I’ll wait for you, good luck fanboying.

 I can’t believe I’m keeping it all in, if I didn’t need him, this boy could’ve forget this good girl side from me. I went outside to the car, I was about to enter my car when I saw appa getting out of his. “MING” he called me. “Yes appa?” I asked him. “Where’re you going?” he asked me. He was standing next to me at my car door. “I’m about to meet V at a café” I answered him. “I see, you guys are getting along without our help, you like him don’t you? But listen Ming can I have a quick word with you?” he said and went inside.

I followed him inside his office. “Sit down darling” I sat down. “You can’t stop the marriage” he repeated for ten thousand times already. “Why not appa, what if we both are against it?” I asked him a little bit annoyed. “Because you need Tae-Hyung to become the CEO of the company” he said. “What? Why do I need him to become CEO?” I wanted to know what was so special about this boy. “It’s their power of course darling. Mr. Kim is the newest chairman of the company, he wants to invest a lot of money to make this company even bigger but he only wants to invest if he can keep the profit under his family name” he began to explain. “But appa that has nothing to do with Tae-hyung” I wasn’t getting his explanation.

“Darling don’t you get it? Tae-hyung is the heir if his dad retires from his seat and the next most selected CEO of our company” he explained to me. “But what about me?” I asked him. “That’s why you’ve got to marry him if you want the position, he is more interested in becoming an idol, isn’t that so?” he smirked at me. “I’ll be working under his name then but I will still become a CEO?” I asked too be sure that I got this right. My dad shook his head yes.

I was in the car on my way to the café. The talk with appa ruined my whole plan.  I need to convince him to marry me. “Miss Ming, you’ve arrived”  TOP announced. “Thank you, I’ll text you when I’m done” I stepped out of the car and went inside. The café V suggested was beautiful , I didn’t expect him to have this kind of taste. I ordered a coffee while I waited for him to arrive. The coffee tasted divine, I think I will come here more often.

“Sorry, for letting you wait” V sat down in the chair in front me, all covered in sweat. I see he didn’t mind on making an effort in looking representable neither. “It’s okay, at least you made it, what do you want to talk with me about?” I took another sip from my coffee.

“Let’s cancel this wedding” he said cutting right to the chase. I knew that he was going to say that, but I can’t agree with him. This calls for some acting. I spat out my coffee and looked at him with big eyes. “Why, because you don’t know me?” I asked sad. I hope he’s falling for this crap I’m putting up. “I uhm… it’s complicated, but we can stay friends and I can help you find a better husband for you. I know a lot of guys” he hesitated.

“But to tell you a secret, I…” I stayed quite for a moment and bowed my head acting like I was blushing “I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU AT FIRST SIGHT”. I swear I hate myself for making myself looking like a over dramatic .