Chapter 22

What? ArrangedToYou

Ming’s pov

I was tiptoeing my way towards the bathroom and looked back. Snowy came in looking at me weirdly, slowly tilting his head sideways. I stood up straight and opened the bathroom door. I left the door open and looked in the mirror. “Welcome to …. Café. I’m Ming, may I take your order?” I practiced in the mirror. “Does that look good Snowy?” Snowy turned and left me. Well that dog, ugh. I let out a sigh. Today is going to be my first day working. I need to do something else than looking at Tae. I studied my face, why do I look so pale? Maybe some make-up will help. I grabbed my make-up bag and started to apply a little amount of BB-cream and mascara. I looked in the mirror to see if my face looked better. I sensed something strange behind me.

I opened my eyes and closed it again, was that a ghost? I turned and saw Tae looking at me with his hands upwards falling as if he was a zombie that was going to attack me. I fell a bit backwards from the shock. “Are you okay?” he came a bit closer chuckling. “Aish, you scared me” My heartbeat slowly returned to its normal tempo. “Sorry” he hugged me. “It’s okay, get out I need to finish” I pushed his arms of off me. He stood next to me. “You look cute” he smiled at me. I got a bit flustered. There he goes again, I just need to avoid him. Think Ming, think. I looked at my clock.

“Omo I’m late for the bus” I was on time but I just wanted to avoid him. “Let me bring you then, you’ll be on time” he offered, wrong escape. “Uhm no, I uhm” I laid my hand on his chest, I could feel his heartbeat, it was going pretty fast, just by being near me makes his heart go crazy. Almost like mine, argh try to avoid. “I don’t want to a burden anymore” I slowly turned and went in the bedroom and grabbed my bag. 3 weeks already had passed by, I still can’t believe I’m living alone with him. It wasn’t easy, suddenly he went from being cute to this hot guy with perfect qualities, I must be getting crazy. Yep I’m getting crazy in love with this alien. He became my energy even by simple things as cooking, I can’t cook without him next to me.

Suddenly dad’s company became less valuable in my eyes, I should really get my focus back even if this means starting from the bottom. I think I should just marry him and after a year divorce, like nothing had happened. I’m not like unnie falling in love with him. I know what I want and that’s …. “Snowy wants to accompany you to the bus stop” he smiled at me walking next to me. Hmmph yes that is what my heart wants. I slowly nodded. We walked quietly towards the bus stop his hand was brushing against mine. He’s doing it again this push and pull, to bad this time I won’t fall for it. “Are you nervous?” he asked me. I shook my head. “Of course not, you’ll be getting a lot of tips. Don’t go with any strangers home” I looked at him confused, how old does he think I am? “O stand still” his hand came closer, I leaned a bit back.

“It’s just a leaf” he smiled while showing me the leaf. “Ah, a leaf” I turned and continued walking. He started to hum. “I’m here” he turned and looked at the bus stop and then at me. “Bye Snowy” I dropped on my knees and hugged the dog. I stood back straight. “Bye Tae” I turned and started to walk. Ha success for me. Suddenly I felt him hug me from behind “Be careful and good luck” my body froze, it felt good but at the same time wrong. He pulled back “Your bus has arrived” I looked up and ran into it.

Sa-rang’s pov

“I’ll just go and take the result and see you there, okay bye” I hung up the call. I was sitting in the bus on my way to get the result from the doctor. Why am I so nervous? It may just be a cold, nothing wrong. But why did I have to take a pregnancy test? A baby started to cry, I don’t know why but the sound was bugging me and my nerves weren’t helping to keep myself calm. I started to play more and more with my hands. “Ssst, it’s okay” the mom was trying to comfort the baby. Just tell it to shut up, was the only thing going through my mind. I went on my phone, maybe a distraction might help. The baby cried even harder. “Shut up!” I got shocked by what I said to the baby and quickly apologized to the mom. I could hear people mumbling about me. Thank god I needed to get off at this stop. Can this day become worse?

Snowy’s pov

We had arrived at the dog park. Tae let me off the leash for a moment. I started to run and sniff. It was so early, many of the dogs weren’t here. O pee, I went and peed. I ran a couple more times behind some pigeons before going back to Tae. He wasn’t alone, there was another guy sitting next to him on the bench. I walked and laid next to them. “I convinced appa to put Ming’s dad company under her name” Tae patted my head. “Ah thank you Mr. Kim, but what about this one? It’s a great offer even better than her dad’s company” the mysterious guy said to him. I looked up and saw him with an envelope.

“Let her read it, I just want the best for her. She won’t be having trouble working with the other daughters?” Tae asked him. “No, she is friends with one of them, I’ll make sure she gets it” they stood up. Tae put the leash back on, I stood up. They started to walk. “Thank you Henry and don’t let her know I’m behind this and that I’m the owner of that. Just say the boss wants to be anonymous” Tae shook his hand. “Of course not, I’ll keep you up to date about everything Mr. Kim. Have a nice day” the guy walked in the opposite way. “Let’s go boy” I started to walk back with Tae towards our house.

Sa-rang’s pov

Pff, why do I have to wait so long even with appointment. “Ms. Sa-rang?” the nurse came to get me. I followed her to the doctor’s office. “Come in, pleas sit” I did as he told me. “I got the results of the test we did, but we didn’t find anything. I let out a sigh of relief. Means I’m done here right. I was about to thank him and leave, but he wasn’t done talking. “But the second test shows that you are pregnant, congratulations” he smiled at me. “Sorry I’m what?” I asked him dumbfounded. “You’re expecting a child, but it’s not going to be easy. Sa-rang you need to get special treatment and that may cost a bit, we even might consider abortion, but let’s see how your body reacts, after 2 months if it’s negative you get to decide if you want to take it away. Are you okay?” he stood up and handed me a cup of water.

Pregnant? How in the world? I can’t be. I took the cup from his hand. My face was totally pale and I was slightly shaking. “I made my mind, I want to take it away” the doctor looked a bit surprised at my answer. “I think you need to discuss that with the father first, and at least try” I looked at him confused. “But a few moments ago you said” he nodded. “In your case we can better wait after 2 months before deciding to take it away, if your skin stretches right then there’s no need too” he explained. I thanked him and left the room, I ran as fast as I could out of there. Pregnant? Not even by Tae but by that jerk. Ugh I pulled my hair.

Ming’s pov

My shift was almost done, it became more peaceful in the café. “Hey Ming how was it?” Ailing came next to me. “Refreshing” I smiled at her, the doorbell went. “I’ll take this last one before leaving” Ailing nodded. “Welcome” I smiled at him. “Well, well I never thought to meet you here” he smiled. “What can I get you oppa?” I asked him. “Hmm let’s see give me a cappuccino to go, a caramel macchiato and hug from you” he chuckled. “The drinks you can get, as for the hug you can write it on your forehead, that will be $9 oppa” his eyes grew wide. “Don’t I get a discount from my beauty?” he smirked. “Cash or credit?” he looked disappointed before taking his card out and paid. “When will you be done?” he asked me while I made the drinks.

“Now” I put the lit on the drinks and handed it to him. “Nice, come and join me” I nodded and closed down everything and said bye to Ailing. I grabbed my bag and met him in front of the building. “Here you go” he handed me the cup. “Shall we walk?” I nodded, I needed to be somewhere close for an appointment”. He took a sip. “When are you going to be visiting us again?”. I hoisted my shoulders up “It would be awkward to see Hyunsik again”. He nodded “I heard, marriage huh?” he pointed me to sit on a nearby bench. “Yep” I sat. “You’re doubting, pour it out. Oppa will listen” I looked at Minhyuk and let out a sigh. “I think I’m hiding my feelings for him” I stared at my legs. “You’re just confused and scared, did you talk with him about this?” I shook my head. “Maybe you should, don’t do things that you might regret later” I nodded in understanding. He was right I must have this talk with Tae. But every time I want to do that Suga’s words come in my head, making me feel selfish and guilty.

V’s pov

“Can I have this box of chicken for later hyung?” I know how much Ming liked chicken, I’ll share it with her when she arrives later. “Of course you can have it” Jin hyung gave me the bag with 3 boxes of chicken in it. My face lit up “Thank you hyung” I stood up and went to the kitchen to store the chicken in the fridge. “Ow hello Ming” I heard Sa-rang say at the door. I went to the hall. “You came early” I looked at the clock. She looked a bit surprised. Sa-rang came closer to me. “The boys are in the living room, we’re just eating. Don’t worry they were about to leave” I went to help her with her jacket. “Ahh Namjoon is still here, means I’m not late. I’ll go say hi, excuse me” she put her jacket in my hands and went in the living room. “Come oppa” Sa-rang held me by my arm. Why is Sa-rang acting like this? I hope Ming won’t misunderstand.

We entered the room, Ming was siting next Namjoon hyung, I went to sit next to her when Suga hyung suddenly sat next to her. “Oppa let’s sit here” Sa-rang pulled me next to her on the couch. Ming was in front of me. “Here taste this one” I grabbed a chicken leg for her and was holding it for her to grab. “Thank you” Suga hyung grabbed the chicken. “Hyung that was for Ming” I said a bit disappointed. “Don’t worry princess there’s more for you” J-hope hyung held the box for her to grab one. She smiled at him. “Oppa can you hand me that one?” Sa-rang asked, but I didn’t react. I felt a tap on my shoulder I turned to her. “Please?” I looked confused at her. She sighed deeply and grabbed the chicken herself.

“Aaah hot! Water” Ming was looking for water. “I’ll get it for you” I stood up. “Don’t worry I can do it myself” she stood up. “Wait, help Jin hyung” Suga hyung stopped me and went after her. I turned and looked at the table, Jin hyung started to clean up. “Hyung I’ll throw them away” I went to help him.

Ming’s pov

I grabbed a glass of water and quickly drank it. “For a guest you know really good where to find everything” Suga came closer. I ignored him and put the glass in the sink. “Ming can I ask you something?” I looked at him. “I guess that’s a yes. Is Tae cheating on Sa-rang with you?” he asked pretty annoyed. “Nope” I avoided eye contact with him. “I’ll just repeat this in case you forgot, he doesn’t feel the same way for you” I looked the other way around. “That’s not true hyung” we both turned and saw Tae holding a garbage bag. He put the bag on the table and came in my direction, he smiled at me and grabbed my hand. “I know now that she is the one I want to protect, me and Sa-rang don’t have anything. In less than a month I’ll be marry this girl and I would love for you hyung to be happy for me and respect my love for her” I was stunned by Tae’s words and so was Suga. So Suga doesn’t know what he really feels. Boom in your face he does like me, just like how much I really like him too.

Maybe I should stop fooling myself and try with him. I mean how bad can it be to love Tae and cherish him? I know for sure. I noticed I was holding his hand a bit more confidently. “Uhm if you are sure about this, I can’t go against you” Suga tapped his shoulder. “If she breaks your heart tell me first” they chuckled. I rolled my eyes. “I need to throw that away” Tae let go of my hand. I went back in the living room, everyone was ready to leave except Sa-rang. Her expression was a dark one, more a witchy one. I felt chills. The boys said their goodbye’s and left. Sa-rang was still here, sometimes I don’t understand her. “You want to go with Snowy to the park… Ow Sa-rang why are you still here?” Tae came in with Snowy on a leash. Snowy definitely wasn’t pleased with Sa-rang and started to bark at her. “You two need to talk, I’ll go with Snowy” I quickly stood up and took Snowy with me. You could feel the tension in the room. I grabbed my jacket and keys and walked outside.

Sa-rang’s pov

You must be kidding me, she’s living here? I knew it felt weird the moment she came in. “How long is she living here?” I asked Tae. “Do I need to company you to the bus stop?” he stood up. I followed him. “I didn’t say I wanted to leave” he stopped and handed me my jacket and grabbed his own from de closet. “Tae, can’t we just start over again? Look I forgive you and I miss you, I really want you back” I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked down. “I can’t Sa-rang, I found someone I really want to fight for” he said sadly. “Tae she’s just using you and you know it. She’ll never love you” I raised my voice a little. “What do you know? You were the one that always told me you’ll never love me back” I was stunned. “Don’t say that, why did I stay all the time next to you?” I asked avoiding his eyes. “Sa-rang it was always me that followed you, you were just feeling sorry for me. I know you like Zico, but I just didn’t want him to hurt you” I was stunned even though he was right. I can’t let him go, not now, not with her.

“We need to leave if you don’t want to miss the bus” he came to help me with my jacket. I can’t believe this was the end between me and him. Like nothing, like dust. “You can keep the ring, I hope we can still be friends and that you’ll find real love. I’m ready to let my love for you go, I’m sorry” he hugged me. Ring? I looked at my hand, I lost it. He pulled a bit back. He opened the door “Tae” I held him by his arm. He looked up. “I’m sorry but you can’t leave me now” he turned and looked confused at me.

“I can’t allow you to marry Ming and leave me behind like this” he looked surprised at me. “Sa-rang I know this is hard but I really like Ming” ugh I hate hearing that. “Tae I need you to be something for me, I need you to be its dad” he looked stunned at me. “What?” he asked me confused. “Tae, I’m pregnant. You can’t leave me now” he looked shocked at me. “Who’s pregnant?” a deep voice asked. The door went further open and there was Tae’s dad standing, by his expression he was not so happy to see me. “I’m asking again, who’s pregnant?” he asked furious. “Uhm m-me sir” I stuttered. He walked towards Taehyung and slapped him. “How could you put shame to our family like this son?” Tae kept looking down. I should say something, but financially Tae is the only one that can help me.

“If this is your way to avoid marrying Ming, then you’re wrong son. The marriage will happen and as for you” he turned and looked at me. “Take it away” who does this man think he is? Yes I know you hate me but that doesn’t concern you. “I’m sorry sir I won’t kill it. It’s your son’s child and he needs to be a part of his child’s life” Tae looked at me confused. I looked the dad in the eye to avoid him. “That’s not part of my family, if you need money or better I make the appointment, that has to disappear” he raised his voice. Unbelievable, even if I wanted to take it away doesn’t mean you would force me. “Just remember I’m dealing with the father of my child and that is your son, goodbye sir” I walked past him and went to the bus stop. From far I saw Ming returning back with the dog, she won’t last long with him. I smirked and walked away.