Chapter 28

What? ArrangedToYou

Grandpa Baekhyun’s POV
“Appa?” my son came barging in my room. “Hmm?” I turned and put my magazine on the table. “The kids are back, actually Ming is back. She left him and told Jaewoon where Tae was” I stood straight up shocked by that news. “O my that means I failed” my son face palmed himself. “Appa, maybe it’s for the best” I shook my head. “We still have enough time” I clapped in my hands for the white board to appear. “Plan b listen, we don’t give them food and let them compete against us. Couple competitions” I started to explain. “Sounds better” my son smiled. “I know I’m an expert. I see it already, Taehyung climbing a tree to get a flag, Ming will be cheering for him. ‘Go Tae oppa!’ Tae jumps out and smiles at her. The sun will shine, his teeth shining as he smiles and Ming will faint” I was dreaming about the event when my son stood up and left the room. “Yah wait for me, we need to eat now”. I walked out and sat at the table. “We need to eat faster, thank you for the food” we started to eat while our wives looked at us strangely. “O yeobo I heard Taehyung took Ming last night for a night camping, how romantic” my wife had stars in her eyes. “Honey eat less talking” I kissed her cheeks while putting some meat for her to eat. “I hear horses”. “Okay clean the table” I said to the butler who nodded at my orders. “But” I nodded at my son and grabbed my wife pulling her towards the room.

Ming’s POV
I sat on the edge of my bed waiting for Jaewoon to return back with Taehyung. I hope he found the piece of my clothing. Suddenly the room door went open. I stood up and looked curious. “Tae” I ran and hugged him and immediately pushed myself from him. “I’m sorry. I mean you’re safe” I turned my back. Why did I hug him? Urgh pabo me. I felt him hugging me back. “Thank you, I thought-” he stopped talking and broke the hug. “You ate?” he asked me. I shook my head. “I’m starving actually” I rubbed my belly. “Let’s eat something” I followed him downstairs. “Where’s everyone?” I whispered to myself. “Oh son, Ming you’ve returned” we met with Taehyung’s mom. Me and Tae bowed. “Right on time, here go change and meet us outside” the mom handed us a box and pushed us towards our room. “But mom we need to eat” Tae whined. “Ani, no one is allowed to eat. Now hurry up and change” we opened our room door. I dragged myself towards the bed and fell. I take it back when I said this is paradise. Someone feed me, I’m starving. “Yah something is weird” Tae shook his head while opening the box. “What, we need to wear this?” I looked at the bathing suit in Tae’s hand. It was a one piece with the sides cut with black red shorts. Tae got only a swimming trunks. “O letter” I picked it up. “Game time. From now on you two are team ‘Taemin’ you’ll be competing to win a complete buffet. Wear only you’re assigned uniforms from this box and come to the beach holding hands” I read it out loud. “I want to win a buffet” we said in unison and laughed. “Okay, let’s win this promise?” he held his pinky out. I nodded and intertwined my pinky with his. “Let’s change”. 

V’s POV
I was holding Ming’s hand while coming to the beach. “There” Ming pointed towards my parents and grandparents. “Omo, look how cute you two look. I need a picture of this. Now smile” I smiled but my grandma shook her head. “Look son like this” my granddad came closer and put my hand around Ming’s waist. Ming’s eyes grew big. “Now smile” he walked away. Ming looked at me. “Mianhe” I mouthed. She slowly turned her head back but looked a bit disappointed. “Okay, I took it” my grandma showed everyone. I naturally grabbed Ming’s hand back and held it. She looked at me confused. “Game remember?” she slowly nodded. “We can easily win” she smiled. “Okay Taemin you’ll be going against this couple” granddad pointed at Jaewoon and Ra-in. “What? Why?” Ming asked confused. “Ah, to keep it fair” Ming looked a bit disappointed. “She’s not athletic, umma can run faster than her” I whispered in her ear. She giggled a bit and squeezed my hand. “Buffet?” she smiled and nodded. “Buffet” I smiled along with her. “This is only 1 game. Okay the game is easy 1 by 1 you’ll be swimming towards your flag and dive to catch one flag. Easy right?” I looked over in the ocean. It was a long distance to swim. “Let’s start first with the guys” I let go of Ming’s hand and walked to the starting point. It was a disadvantage for me and Ming that didn’t eat anything. We had less power but it’s my responsibility to take care of her. “Wait why don’t the girls cheer for the boys?” my mom suggested. I sighed, doesn’t she know Ming doesn’t want to be with me anymore. “Jaewoon fighting” I laughed at Ra in soulless cheering. “I will” Jaewoon looked at Ming. “Uhm this is embarrassing, fighting” Ming hid her embarrassed face. “Hey, ani with aegyo Ming” I hid my face in my hands. “Huh?” Ming asked shocked. “Like this” my grandpa started to jump up and down while screaming my name. I sat on the sand and tried to create a hole to escape. “Tae stand up” my dad asked me. I stood up. “T to A to the E and hyung, fighting oppa~!” Ming yelled cutely afterwards she went on her knees to hide her red face. I went and helped her up while hugging her and giving her a peck on her cheek. “Aww so cute” my mom hugged my dad’s hand. I walked back ready to do this. “I think we’re ready, and start!” my grandpa gave us the signal. Me and Jaewoon swam towards our flags, but I came to realize we didn’t have diving glasses to dive with. I looked and saw Jaewoon hyung holding the rope while going down. I held my breath and did the same. 

Ming’s POV
After the distance was shortened and we only had one flag left down, I ran to our bucket so Tae could swim but he twisted his feet a bit in the hole he had made a while ago. He didn’t give up and he went and gave his all in. I was slowly counting as it will take him 90 counts to swim before diving. 75, he took a short amount of air and dove immediately. Pabo, why did you? I looked from far to see him. Jaewoon came and went down as well. I kept looking anxiously at the sea, Tae is supposed to come up for extra air but he didn’t. I slowly walked towards the sea. Jaewoon had come out and was swimming back. Something is wrong, I ran the sea in and started to swim towards the direction. “I’m getting scuba glasses I can’t see him” Jaewoon said to me. I couldn’t wait for him, Tae is drowning. I swam towards our flag and held the rope, I could feel the weight and dove under water. I slowly tried to open my eyes but saw less and the salt was stinging my eyes. I closed my eyes while turning to go up when I felt something touch my legs. I turned back and waved my hand and felt Tae’s arm. I need to hurry if I don’t want to die too because of lack of oxygen. I pulled Tae up with all my strength but it was a pretty end to get up. Luckily I got Tae’s body closer. I turned and kissed him. That was the only way to give oxygen over to him I remembered from a documentary. Thank god it worked, I got us both up and Jaewoon luckily helped me with bringing Tae’s body to the shore. “Is he okay? O my baby” Tae’s mom got scared and started to worry. I quickly did CPR to Tae to get some water from his longs and after a few pushes to his chest he coughed the water out. I sighed while sitting back on the sand. “Taehyung” his mom kneeled and hugged him. “You did great” Jaewoon smiled at me while Tae’s granddad put a towel around me. Tae sat up while his coughs were getting les. “I have it” he showed me the flag. “Team Taemin won” fireworks went off and the drummers started to play while two hula dancers put a flower chain around our necks. This pabo’s family sure is the definition of crazy.

V’s POV
I was in the shower before going down to eat. Some things were bothering me about Ming. She wasn’t like what Sa-rang told me. 

--flashback, one night in the hospital—
“Ming?”. “That’s your name right?” she scoffed and shook her head. “Ani, she’s the girl that got you here oppa, ugh I hate her” she started to cry. “Why? Don’t cry” I tried to sit up and wipe her tears away. “She’s breaking us apart oppa, she only wants to marry you to get your money. She moved in with you and kicked me out. She’s mean oppa. She planned to let you get hit by that car” I looked shocked at her. “Really?” she slowly started to nod. “She’s like the devil, oppa don’t marry her”
--end flashback—

The warm water streamed on me. If she’s like that than why is she this nice to me? And why would she have stop the wedding? {“If this is your way of forcing me into this wedding” I said angrily at her “Forcing?” she interrupted me. “Before your accident you made a promise to me, your real girlfriend is me not her”} what promise is she talking about? But isn’t she supposed to be my girlfriend I looked at my hand before turning the water off and getting out. the more I’m around Ming the more I feel at ease or protective about her. Or maybe I’m imagining things because I’m not texting Sa-rang. Appa is refusing to give me my phone back. I dried off and put my clothes on. I sat on the bed looking at Ming’s bag. Maybe her phone is in there. I looked at the door and quickly searched for it. Just a text to Sa-rang I don’t have my phone with me. I couldn’t find it. I found her dairy. I took it out and looked at it. This could be my answer but it’s locked I put it back. Aish I leaned while looking to the roof. I was feeling curious what she wrote about me. I stood back up and took the dairy out. Her key was hidden behind a tag. I opened it and read a page with pictures out. I saw a picture of me and her. Blub, blub blub, I giggled at myself. My first pic from Tae. I admire myself, where was this? She took it great. Surprise? I saw the picture of a mini box with two rings. I recognized 1. I looked at my hand, the other one was mine, our engagement rings? I took it off and looked for the similarities. It was mine that means she must be wearing the one above. I didn’t read it yet. I looked at the end. She wrote this on the plane, I was curious what she was writing. Also the other guy is Hyunshik? He’s mad at her because of me? Ah she thought me and Sa-rang did it in the bed she sleeps in, that’s weird she went to the restroom. That’s why she was mad because she thought Snowy was suffering? Ani, Sa-rang told me that I do that every time. Someone is lying to me. I didn’t realize Sa-rang had my shirt on, is Sa-rang trying to get Ming mad? She won’t do that right? Actually I was mad at her for attacking Sa-rang, she does that more often right? Sa-rang hid from my parents, why doesn’t appa and umma approve of Sa-rang. I closed her dairy and put it away.

Ming’s POV
I could never imagine that on this island there was so much food to eat. I was so full I could barely say a thing even though Tae’s appetite seemed to have disappeared. He was thinking really deeply about something. “Miss here’s you dessert” my mouth dropped open at the heavenly dessert on the plate. Oh I should eat more often like this. Tae was still in thought but I just need to finish this first. I started to eat but slowly lost my appetite because of Tae. “Taehyung?” I was waiting for his response. He finally snapped out of his thoughts and started to eat again. I smiled and finished my dessert. “And delicious?” Tae’s grandpa asked. I nodded while smiling like a 5 year old in a candy store. “Come Jasper is playing a bit for us” me and Tae stood up and followed them to the other side of the backyard where a big space was open and a big campfire. Jasper was behind the piano that was on a stage. Not a small one a pretty big one like any minute a concert could start. After Jasper played 2 to 3 songs Tae’s grandpa asked Tae to play a bit of the sax. I never heard Tae play it but was exited to hear. He was playing it beautifully. He looked really romantic and handsome playing it. Umpf lucky Sa-rang, I miss Tae. My Taehyung the one I would creepily watch sleep in the morning, the one that made me laugh about stupid things, the one that let me forget what for a heartless girl I can be. The one I was afraid to express my feelings for, the one that made me discover love. I always wondered why I would be with Suga or Hyunsik but I realized that I don’t have questions about him. What’s wrong with me? I should be strong, time to forget about him. He stopped playing and joked that he doesn’t know how it ends. “Ming can you play?” Tae’s grandpa asked me. “Yes, I can play the piano and sing” I whisper the last part. “Please?” he smiled at me. There was only one song in my mind right now. I stood up and went on the stage after Jaewoon was done with adjusting a mic for me. Tae was looking at the sea like he was in his own world. See Ming he’s just a jerk, a game it was just a game.

V’s POV
Ming took a deep breath before singing. I turned and looked at her. She was playing the piano well but the song was sad. I was drawn to her. “The injury seems more than I thought it’d be, the pain seems to dig in deeper than what I’d thought, in the countless nights I spent resenting you, it feels like I’m in hell” it was the first time I heard her sing, her voice was beautiful but why would she pick a sad song to sing? I looked back towards the water maybe she’s singing the pain she feels for having a fight with her boyfriend. She stopped singing and played a strong piano version before singing back. “Please just hug me, hug me even for a while. Without any words, please just run towards me. With my lonely and uneasy heart, I’m still here waiting for you” {“I won’t take long, I’ll be back” I bent and kissed Ming’s forehead} “I love you, I love you. I shout it out~ after staying in this long silence. It may seem weak and childish, but it’s my true feelings~” she finished the piano while she quickly wiped a tear away. I stood up and left and went inside the house. “Son are you okay?” my dad came after me. I slowly shook my head and went to my room. I grabbed her dairy and opened it but then closed it and put it in her bag and grabbed a pillow and hugged it. I’m not in love with Ming, I never was. I kept repeating to myself until I fell asleep. 

--V’s dream/ flashback—
“You should drink some medicine I heard you sneezed” Ming opened for me to put the spoon in . “Bleh it tastes horrible” she put her tongue out. “At least you took it” I ruffled her hair. “Stop, stop” she pushed my hand away. “Snowy” she went and hugged snowy. “Don’t make Snowy sick too” she ignored me. suddenly the lights went off. “Tae?” Ming yelled out for me. I grabbed my phone and activated the flashlight. “I’ll go see” I said while walking outside. I came back inside after seeing that there was nothing wrong with my box. “Tae?” I heard Ming whispering. O cute she’s scared of the dark. I slowly walked towards her and hugged her. She froze. “Are you okay?” I giggled a bit. She slowly nodded. “You scared me” she said softly. “I know, I think the lights would be back tomorrow” she nodded in understanding. “Come” I took her hand and walked with her towards the room. “You’ll be safer here” she slowly sat on the bed. “Thank you” she smiled. I sat next to her. “I was waiting for something to show me that you may have feelings for me, and today you did it” I said shyly. I couldn’t see her expression since my battery drained of and went off. “I like, ani, I love cooking with you, just being with you. I only wish to do more but I keep holding myself back from expressing myself or taking care of you” she giggled a bit. “I LOVE YOU!” I shouted making her embarrassed. “Yah, I’m here” she looked for my hand and held it. “I know it may seem childish and weak but it’s my true feelings” she stayed quiet but I heard the bed move. “Mianhe don’t go” she suddenly kissed my cheek.
--End dream/flashback--

a/n

song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr1AlfcENYg&list=PLZgD9HpXRVTA1g39MN4MxvyCsZtNOZGS1&index=2