Chapter 6

What? ArrangedToYou

His house was bigger than mine and more stylish, I bet his mom decorated it. The only thing that me and him had in common was style. “Who invited you?” he asked me while taking my jacket. I was about to answer when Namjoon came in the room, again my savior. “Ming, wow you look stunning, I see you met the birthday boy already” he came and hugged me. “Yes, I’m being questioned” I said. Too bad I can’t be myself around him for now.

The party didn’t start until Taehyung’s special guest had arrived, five minutes after me, her name was Cheon Sa-rang. I got to say, his personality changed completely, like he was a totally different guy. He seemed more mature, more like someone his age should act. I was amazed by what for girl Sa-rang was, she wasn’t Taehyung’s ideal type like Henry described. I thought he fell for girls that nagged a lot, but Sa-rang was the total opposite. She was a poor, sweet girl with no sense of style or fashion. A natural beauty but with the most annoying Chihuahua laugh. I didn’t notice that I kept looking at them almost the whole time, until Namjoon came and grabbed my arm.

“I didn’t introduce you to the others yet , come” Namjoonie pulled me towards a group of boys. I could actually care less what their names were. The only thing that was on my mind, surprisingly was Taehyung. Maybe if I copied Cheon Sa-rang’s personality, I can maybe win Taehyung’s heart. In order for that to happen I need to observe her more, in other words, I cannot believe I’m thinking this, I need to become ‘friends’ with her.

“You’re beautiful and hot, tssss” this short dude with a muscled body came in front of my face. Almost giving me a heart attack. “Hyung, can I dance with her?” he asked Namjoon. Namjoon shook his head yes. A smile magically appeared on his face, which was kind of cute. He grabbed my hand and was about to lead me in his arms. I quickly pulled my arm from his grip and hid behind Namjoon. Of course I turned him down, I couldn’t be messing with other boys in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung and Sarang joined us at that moment. They began to laugh at how I rejected Jimin. “Jimin pabo, don’t scare people like that” Taehyung pulled him back, but ran away when Jimin started to chase him. Now it was my chance to ‘attack’ this girl. “Whose girlfriend are you?” she asked me before I could open my mouth. I came from behind Namjoon and closer to her.

“Nobody’s, I came with my best friend” I answered. I hope she doesn’t keep asking about me, it’s not that I need to know more about myself. “Aww so sweet, who is he?” she asked excited. “Namjoon” I pointed at Namjooniie. “Wow, I knew that Rapmon loves to talk with girls, you’re really pretty, ow I’m such a pabo I’m Cheon Sa-rang V’s friend” she said the sentences so fast, I could barely keep up. “I’m Yook Ming, I hope we can become best friends” I bowed my head.

“OMG, hihihi (Chihuahua/annoying laugh), I feel honored to become you’re friend, wooow all the amazing things we can do together, like shopping or sleepovers, I’m so excited, let’s exchange numbers” she kept on talking without taking a minute to breathe. No wonder I thought V was the normal one, she’s worse. Does she even have friends?. Where is the duct tape when you need it?. I kept nodding my head and held a fake smile on my face.

There was no way I could keep listening to this Chihuahua without getting a headache. “Guys, we should head to the balcony, it’s almost time” Jin yelled. Yes please, thank god! I never wanted to run away from a person this bad. She stood up and held my hand jumping up and down because she was excited to see fireworks with her new best friend.  Please kill me now. We were about to walk, when her phone suddenly went off.

“I need to get this, I‘ll be back soon” she disappeared from the room. I went outside and stood by the entrance next to Namjoon. I didn’t want to go outside because it was freezing cold. The countdown had started. 10, 9, 8. “Where is V, Jimin and Sa-rang?” Jin asked while looking around. “Sa-rang is on the phone, she’ll be here soon” I answered Jin, but I was really hoping she got abducted by aliens or something. 7,6. “Guys come” Suga yelled at Taehyung and Jimin who were still chasing each other.

 “Guys it’s almost 12” Jin shouted at them while he finished handing out each of us a glass of apple juice, because there was 1 minor. Only 1? More like 4, even so Jungkook was more mature than the other 3. 5,4,3. “V, CHIMCHIM” Suga yelled for the last time. They came running outside but Taehyung tripped and fell on me 2, 1…… HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I opened my eyes and saw that Taehyung was on top off me.

“V, MING” the others yelled and helped Taehyung and me up. “Are you okay?” Namjoon asked me worried. I shook my head yes. Taehyung walked back inside angry. “Her lip is bleeding” Suga pointed at my lip. I touched my lip and saw the blood and after that everything became pitch black.