Chapter 13.

What? ArrangedToYou

V’s pov

I stood next to her and ‘For You’ started to play. I felt warm inside, my parents were signaling me to give her the present. I handed her the box, she smiled and opened it. Her eyes widened and she turned to look at me. My heart started to beat faster when our eyes met. I never felt this nervous around another girl, not even Sa-rang. For a second our eyes met before she looked away. My arms went around her neck, I bent over to pick the necklace. Her perfume, mhmm I love this scent, this must be her favorite scent. It fitted her, a unexpected sweet smell. I put the necklace around her neck. She shivered, I got scared for a moment, I looked at her from the side, her eyes were red again. I don’t know why I felt weak again, she putted on a sad smile. I had the desire to comfort her. I back hugged her resting my head on her shoulder. The fireworks started to go off. I didn’t care where we were, it was just me and… AUW!

Ming’s pov

That’s it. I’m done with this BS. Taehyung I thought you were the only person I could trust, but why put on a show like this? What happened with ‘I love Sa-rang, she’s the girl I want to marry’. I hit Taehyung with my elbow in his stomach. Hard enough for him to back off and maybe come to his senses. Everyone was distracted by the fireworks anyways. We got off the stage and I went straight to pick up my jacket. “Ming are you okay?” Henry scared the hell out of me. “Hmm yes, I have cramps, pain. I‘ll just go and buy  some pads” he got red and handed me my bag and excused himself. I walked out of the venue. This party was pathetic, it’s amazing that he even got this many people that weren’t even our family to come. An engagement party is supposed to be for our family but from appa’s perspective it should be only for  business opportunities. I looked around a last time making sure no one was watching me leave and I disappeared from the party.

V’s pov.

“What do you mean you didn’t followed  her, why are you here then? To party? I’ll just deal with you later, just find her” Ming’s dad said angrily to henry. More than a half hour had passed by and she hasn’t returned yet, I don’t know what to feel, nervous? I started to call her but she turned her phone of. “My excuses for my daughter’s behavior, I’ll teach her better” her appa bowed in front of my dad. “No need Mr. Yook, she just needs time with all of this happening unexpectedly. Reality hit her and it may become a lot for her” my umma said to him. “Maybe she’s at home thinking, why don’t you go there we’ll finish here” my appa tapped Mr. Yook on his back. I called Ming again but there was still no answer, I turned and grabbed my jacket and went to look outside for her. Maybe she was in danger, someone could have abducted her or maybe worse. It was dark, god please let her be okay.

Ming’s pov

I booked an hotel room for that night and called Hyunsik. For 2 reasons, I just want to see him before he went away to japan and he wasn’t in the contact list from appa, Henry or Taehyung. He arrived pretty quick, compared to normal taxi. “Hey?” he looked confused he was holding the door open. “Hi” I smiled embarrassed while getting in the car. He kept starring while he came back in the car. “Ow sorry, uhm you look beautiful” he hid his red face to the side. “I’ll explain later, how about that coffee date?” I asked him. “Now?” he looked on his watch. “It’s fine” he started to drive. “Can I borrow your phone?” I asked him. He handed me his phone. “Kiss”. I looked at him with big eyes, what? He chuckled “The password”. I let out a sigh of relief. I putted his phone on mute and putted it back.

We arrived at a parking lot. “Wait, here” he went to the vending machine and got 2 ice coffee. “Here you go, most places are closed” he rubbed the back of his neck. “Thanks, this is enough” I cleaned the lit before opening the can and drank from it. We stayed quiet for a while, “I’m hiding from my appa” I finally said. “Want to talk about it?” he asked me. “Not really” I said back and he nodded. After that we talked until I fell asleep.

V’s pov

I woke up with my arm stiff. I let out a deep sigh, my phone was still in my hand. I called her again but her phone was still off. “Taehyung darling are you okay?” my mom came in my room and asked me. “I wish she could pick up, I’m so worried” I sat up straight. My mom came and sat next to me and putted a hand around my neck. “Don’t worry she’s just scared” she rubbed my arm. My phone started to ring, I quickly picked up. My mom left the room. “Hello?” finally I could hear is everything ok…... “Morning!!” Sa-rang answered, it wasn’t her. I don’t know why but I felt kind of disappointed even though Sa-rang was the one that called. “Are we still meeting at the café?” she asked me. Snap, I forgot about that. “Hmm yes” I closed the phone and went to get ready.

I arrived 15 min late. Sa-rang was standing with an angry look waiting for me. “GORGEOUS! I’m so sorry, forgive me” I ran to her and hugged her. “Oppa, it’s cold here outside” she pouted. “That’s why this expresso is going to taste even better” I pecked her cheek and lead her inside. “Wait here” I pulled her chair and waited for her to sit and went to the counter. “Wow, I almost bumped in to you” a dude smiled at me. “Sorry, I was in a hurry” I apologized and stepped aside letting him pass.

Ming’s pov

I woke up in a car? I sat up straight and looked at my side there was no one else in the car. I looked around and saw that I was on a hill. I looked at myself and I was still in the same clothes from yesterday. But I had a blanket on me. Did I? Noooo, I couldn’t have done that? Omo, what kind of girl am I? O! I looked in the side mirror. There was someone sitting on the trunk of the car, looking at the sunrise. I immediately recognized him. I let out a sigh of relief and opened the door. Bad idea, the cold air hit my legs. I grabbed the blanket and rolled myself in it. It was still too cold, I opened the door and sat back. I crawled in the backseat and tapped in the window. He turned and looked at me inviting me to come sit outside. Dude serious? Not in that cold. I shook my head and invited him to come inside instead. He got off the trunk and came in.

“Good morning” he smiled at me. “Good morning” I saw that his eyes were puffy. “Did you sleep well?” He handed me a cup of coffee. I nodded taking the cup from his hand, it was still warm. I took a sip from it. It was caramel macchiato, the taste was similar from the cafe that I met Taehyung at. Just delicious. “Thank you” I smiled at him. “Did you sleep?” I asked him concerned. He shook his head. “I know this sounds crazy, but my eyes couldn’t stop looking at you’re beautiful face” he blushed. I could feel my face getting red. I quickly turned and sat up straight putting my cup in the cup holder. “Lay here” I tapped on the blanket. “No need, I can still drive you back honmpe…” I put my finger in front of his lips. “Please?” I asked and he laid his head on my lap. A few minutes later he fell asleep, my hands were playing with his hair. My eyes couldn’t stop looking at his beautiful face either.

 Mr. Yook’s pov

“Call Henry inside for me” my assistant called him inside. “Henry, you’re fired, we’ll do the official paperwork on Monday. I think we all know the reason, there isn’t much to explain, you can leave”. Henry bowed and walked out of my room. If she wants to embarrass me like that let’s see how she likes this. My fingers went through the pages of her dairy…