Chapter 12

What? ArrangedToYou

 "Phew he didn't see me" I sighed relieved. I walked over to my desk and put some documents about appa's financial status from his company. There was something bugging me since the last time me and oppa  talked. I sat behind my chair and started going through the papers. My eyes grew open, -3.746 467 in red. How come?  The business isn’t failing but why is he in red then? I saw that he is using the money for private reasons. Is appa cheating? Not that I care that appa and witch are breaking up. A homeless guy’s love life would grab my attention more than theirs, but why would appa go for a gold digger? I continued looking at the other papers and something caught my eyes again this time. 2.995.500.000 that appa received from Mr. Kim. Damn, where is economic crisis going on? Apparently not in Mr. Kim’s account. Why would Taehyung's dad invest almost 3 billion dollars in dad's company? Just so his son could get married?

 I know I’m worth something, but even if it was 10 billion dollars I wouldn’t want to marry Taehyung. I want to marry a boy that makes me feel so stupidly in love. One that makes my emotions take the lead, someone like Hyunsik..... I shook my head and hit it slightly. He has a girlfriend Ming. I quietly went to dad's office to put the documents back. Even though he wasn't home I needed to be careful, he has snitches everywhere. I put the documents on his desk the way I found them. There was another document with a note written on 'reject?' I grabbed the document and read globally through it. It was a new game, an interesting one. An app game. I took the document and made pictures of it with my phone. I'm not stupid to let him know that I went through his stuff.

I went to my bedroom and laid on my bed. The money that Taehyung’s dad had given appa was bothering me. Why would he give....... then it hit me. Mr. Kim is planning something, he just became his newest chairman and not even 3 months had passed by and he’s already investing 3 billion in a company. I grabbed my pillow and threw it in the air. My phone started to ring breaking me from my thought. I picked it up and saw that it was an unknown number. Who could this be? I picked the call up

Me: “You're speaking with Yook Ming, to who am I talking to?"

 

???: “Hello, this is Hyunsik. One of your brother’s group member from BTOB. We met earlier"

 

My heart started to beat fast. Why was he calling me?

 

Hyunsik: “Hello, are you still there?"

 

Me: “Hm!! Uhm yes I remember. Is something wrong with oppa?"

 

Dumb question, I face palmed myself.

 

Hyunsik: “Haha no, no he's fine. He asked me to bring you your bag. I'm almost arriving at your house just called to see if you were home"

My bag, I totally forgot about it.

 

Me: “Yes, thank you from bringing it. Sorry, I totally forgot to grab it"

 

Hyunsik: “No problem, see you soon bye"

 

Me: "Bye"

I hung up and saved his number. Should I change in to something cuter, put on some make up or perfume? Should I let my hair down or leave it in this bun? I stood in front of the mirror checking myself out. Should I wear a skirt? And maybe change this blouse? It isn't that y or cute. Would he think I'm to plain or too boring? Ming why are you thinking like this?. "He has girlfriend already" I told myself. Ugh, I sat on the floor and pouted. I want to be his only love, I hugged my legs. At that moment the doorbell rang. I quickly put my slippers on and ran downstairs.

I tried to catch my breath before opening the door. "Hello" I said. “Hey, I guess this belongs to you right?" He held the bag in front of my face. “Yes indeed, thanks for dropping it, I hope I didn’t cause you any trouble?" I took the bag from his hand. “Not at all, I was on my way to my mom’s house to pick up something" he said while rubbing his neck. “How rude of me. Please come in" I held the door open so he could come inside. “Would you like something to drink?" I asked him. “No, uhm.. I just needed to ask you something. Before going back on the road" he said while staring at his hands. “I'm listening" I said.

“Earlier you told the boys I had a girlfriend and now I'm being questioned about who this girl is, but I don't even have a girlfriend at the moment. Did someone call while you were in the room? Did they say that I had a girlfriend?" he asked me nervous.

I was still processing the sentence 'I don't even have a girlfriend at the moment'. He's single but maybe he isn’t interested in a girl like me. He was just trying to clear things up. I shouldn’t give myself false hope. “I didn't talk to anyone, I just saw that your 'Only love' was calling continuously, but you came back in the room at the moment I was about to answer".

He started to laugh. Did I say something that was funny? Seriously I'm not a clown. “You thought my mom was my girlfriend?" he asked me. Uh yes, who saves their mom' s number under only love? -_- .

“Guess I made a mistake. I’m so sorry for causing trouble" I sighed deeply and bowed. I felt myself become red from embarrassment. “It's okay, I should change her caller ID name. I think it's time for me to leave". No please stay. “I still want to apologize for my mistake and thanks again for bringing my bag”

 

“It’s okay and no problem. Take care" he went outside and I closed the door behind him. The bell went. Hm? Did he forget something? I opened the door. “This is embarrassing to ask, but are you seeing someone right now?" he asked nervously. I shook my head. "That’s good to know, I'm leaving now. Have a nice day" he turned and walked away. I waved him goodbye and closed the door. I leaned against the door when the bell went again. I turned and opened the door.

“Would you like to go to a cafe with me sometime?" he asked nervously. Did he just ask me to go on a date with him?  Is this a dream? It’s only a date, that wouldn’t hurt anyone right?. “I would love to" I smiled at him. His face lit up. He smiled back at me. My heart was beating out of control, just seeing that cute eye-smile.

“I’ll contact you then, I’ll be leaving this time for real. Bye have a nice day” He turned and walked to his car and waved at me before getting in and driving away. I stood in the doorway watching the car disappear. After he was gone, I went back inside. I was blushing like crazy. I walked back to my room.

V’s pov

“Oppa, can I sleep next to you? I keep having these nightmares.. I’m so afraid” she asked shyly. I tapped the space beside me and she jumped on my bed. “Don’t sleep on the cover, we can share it” I told her. She looked at me shocked “But won’t Sa-rang get angry?” she asked me with wide eyes. “Don’t worry, it’s our secret” I put my finger in front of my lips. We were lying with our backs towards each other. “Oppa, are you still awake?” she asked me. “Hmph, is something wrong?” I turned around to face her. Our eyes met. “I’m still scared what if he….” She bowed her face. I pulled her closer to me. Her perfume smell hit me, it smelled delicious. “I will protect you” I hugged her.

 I woke up shocked. I was hugging my pillow, I let out a sigh of relieve. What for a dream was that? I sat up in my bed. “Taehyung darling, I’m coming in. O! did you just wake up?” my mom asked me while standing in front of my bed. “Yes, ma” I rubbed my neck. “I see you had an amazing birthday party, but get up now, we need to go out. Here wear this” she putted my suit on the chair for me. “Okay” I stood up and went to shower.

Ming’s pov

I heard someone knocking on my door while I was reading the documents that I made a picture of before. “It’s open” I sat straight on my bed. “Missed me?” Henry came with three boxes in his hand. “Of course, I felt so lonely without you” I smiled at him. He putted the boxes on my bed. “What are those?” I asked him curious. “These are from your dad, you need to get ready. Someone is here to help you look beautiful” he explained to me. “What is going on? Where am I going?” I asked him. “To a party” he answered. A party again? I don’t have the best experiences from these unknown party’s.

I followed Henry, who brought me to the stylist and the hairdresser. After a few minutes, I was done. I looked quite beautiful. I was dressed in a Isabel Marant dress. It was a beautiful silver printed dress with an open back with an Louis Vuitton midnight sun pump. “Wow, I’m speechless” Henry came in the room handing me my jacket. “Thank you” I smiled at him while walking towards the car. “Shall we go?” Henry asked me while opening the car door. “Hmm yes” I got in the car and we left the house.

 

V’s pov

“Omo, you look handsome son” I walked down the stairs, where my mom and dad were waiting for me so we can leave together. After a while of driving we arrived at the venue. I followed my parents inside, I was wondering why I should have come along. Business parties were always boring, only thing people were talking about was their next big idea. There wasn’t really people I could talk to. “Ha son, you’re here to break ladies hearts I see” Ming’s dad tapped me on the back. “Hello Mr. Yook, it’s nice meeting you again” I bowed to him.

“Haha, don’t need to be that formal, makes me feel old” he smiled at me. “O but Mr. Yook , you look younger than me” I smiled at him. He laughed. “Here son, you need to drink something too. You’re quite funny, I know for sure that my daughter won’t be bored in her married life with you” he handed me a glass of champagne. “Thank you sir” I grabbed the glass and took a sip from it. “Talking about my princess, I see that she arrived, excuse me” he walked towards Ming.

Wow, I thought to myself when I saw her. She looked gorgeous, her hair color had been changed to black making her eyes shine like stars, her dress fitted her perfectly hugging her curves beautifully. Her legs appeared longer with the heels. I was stunned, I never thought she could be more beautiful than the time she came to my party, but I guessed I was wrong.

Ming’s pov

I arrived at the venue and went into the room. Henry had texted his appa that we arrived. My appa didn’t last long to receive me at the door. “Thank you Henry, she looks beautiful” he smiled at Henry and  then at me. “No problem sir” Henry bowed to him. “Honey lets go and greet everyone” he took my hand and lead me first to Taehyung’s parents. “Hello Mr. and Ms. Kim, it’s a pleasure meeting you again” I bowed to them.

“Omo darling! I almost didn’t recognize you, you look stunning like a goddess. I’m sure my grandchildren are going to be as handsome or pretty like you” she smiled at me. Children? It’s not even sure if I would be at that alter, let alone going to have….brrr… I can’t imagine doing that with Taehyung. “Honey, don’t embarrass her” Mr. Kim winked at me. I just smiled, why am I here? The lights dimmed. “Ha son, finally joining us back I see” Mr. Kim said to Taehyung who came closer and stood next to his mom. “Doesn’t your fiancé look like a goddess?” his mom asked him. He nodded and smiled at me. AKWARD!!!

V’s pov

“Welcome everyone, I’m stunned to see a lot of you who came to celebrate this day with us” Ming’s dad said through the mic. Everyone stopped with their conversation and looked at his direction. “Your support is special, since I’m letting my daughter’s hand to my amazing future-son-in-law, that I know is going to love her everyday” tears were filling his eyes while his assistant handed him a tissue. My mom wiped a tear away herself. I putted a hand around her shoulder and squeezed her arm. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it back before smiling at me.

“We aren’t here to cry but to celebrate, I will introduce the happy engaged couple, Ming and Taehyung please come forward?” a bright light hit me at that moment. I looked at Ming who looked at me at the same time. Her eyes were red, maybe she cried because of her dad’s speech. She started to walk forward. My mom handed me a little box in my hand. “Give it to her” she smiled at me. I walked forward, some people would whisper congratulations to me. This felt wrong, everyone in here is being lied too. The girl I’m about to marry should be Ming….. no I mean Sa-rang. She should be the one I should get married to.