Chapter 1.

What? ArrangedToYou

Dear Dairy,

Everything is packed, I’m going home today. It’s about time someone else took appa’s place. Am I right or am I not? He became too old for that position ,he should sit down and let me do the work. I’m young with better and fresh ideas. Why can’t those stupid chairmen not see that. Only because I’m a girl, tssk, I’ll show them I’m not any girl but a woman, who just got her diploma from Harvard, I bet most of them didn’t get a chance to come that close in their lives. There’s so much ism going on even in the 21st century. Nothing motivates me more, because sticks and stones can’t break my bones.

Ttyl, xoxo Ming

“Hmmm, feels good to finally be back” I never been more excited to surprise everyone with my return. Just being here unexpected. “Welcome back Miss Ming, how was your flight?” my assistant Henry greeted me. “Worst flight ever. I see you’re back with calling me Miss Ming, the hell dude my dad isn’t around, so you can cut it out” I made my point to him. “Sorry Ming, didn’t you miss me?” he began to do aegyo with me. “Hell yeah Henry, you should of come with me to America” I smacked my passport into his face. “Let me get your luggage and then we‘re out of here” he ran over to get my luggage. I began to walk outside, snap, I forgot to ask him which car was mine.

Suddenly a black van stopped in front of me, I frowned. I don’t think dad downgraded my car to THIS. At that moment a tall big dude pushed me aside making me almost lose my balance but luckily someone caught me. I turned around and saw this tall dude that looked familiar, he looked like Namjoon. “Sorry, our bodyguard can be harsh sometimes, thank god I caught you” he smiled at me showing his dimples. I know for sure this is Namjoon, that smile, voice and dimples all belong to him. “Hey Namjoon, you’re not clumsy when it comes to me, always that savior in need” I hugged him tightly.

“Ming Yook, you’re back already” he hugged me back. “Missed me…..”. “NAMJOON, LET THAT GIRL GO AND GET IN THE VAN NOW, AND THAT’S AN ORDER MISTER!!!!” his manager shouted loud enough. “Same number?” he asked quickly. I shook my head yes, and he showed me that he’ll give me a call. I waved him goodbye, at that moment my poor assistant Henry was coming, with a lot of struggle, with the luggage. “Yo Henry, which is my car?” I asked him. “The black one” he answered me. Are you kidding me? There were 94% of black cars here. I walked over to him and kicked my luggage making everything fall on the ground.

“Sorry Ming, but it’s that limo over there” he bowed and showed me to a black limo. “That’s more like it” I scoffed at him. The driver came running and opened the door for me. I see that appa changed my driver. “Who are you?” I asked him. “Hello Miss Yook, I’m your new personal driver, please be nice to me and I’ll give you all my service” he bowed at me. “Shorter name please” I demanded him. “Excuse me?” he asked me. Is he deaf? “Nickname?” I asked him again “T.O.P., Miss Yook” he said as calm as possible. “Hello TOP, I’ll be ‘nice’ to you” I said sarcastically to him. I smiled at him and got in.

We were on our way to my house,  I slept the whole way back. “Ming! Ming we’ve arrived” Henry woke me up. “Already?” I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were all puffy. I looked like a monster, how am I going to surprise my family looking like this? They’ll scream by just looking at my face. “Are you getting cold feet Ming?” Henry was holding the car door open for me. I stepped out of the limo and followed Henry inside. “This way Miss Ming” he showed me into a long hallway. I was nervous, what if there was nobody home, I will look like an idiot. Why didn’t I think of that earlier? Stupid, stupid me. “Henry?” I asked him with a soft voice. “Yes, Miss?” he turned around facing me. “Do I look good?” I asked him shyly. “Don’t worry Ming, with your beauty it’s nearly impossible to look ugly” He assured me with a smile. “Thank you Henry. I’m ready now let’s enter” I felt more confident. He opened the door of the living room.

There was appa with my stepmom sitting and enjoying tea while Sung-jea oppa was in his phone. It’s now or never, I took a deep breath “Hello dad, hello mom, hey oppa, I’ve returned home” I bowed to them. “Ming darling?” my stepmom let her cup fall and ran towards me to hug me tight, such a dramatic old woman, I hugged her tight back, I managed to let some tears fall down. “I missed you darling” she my hair while she was crying on my shoulders. Talking about all the AIDS that she’s giving me.

“Appa” I stretched one off my arms out and my father grabbed my hand and kissed it before squeezing it. “I see you finished your school” he said smiling at me. Hell yeah! I did it all for your CEO spot, appa. “Mom, may I?” oppa asked my stepmom so that he can hug me. “Guess who grew up and became more beautiful” he picked me up and hugged me tight. “You’re never leaving again got it?” he put me down and kissed my forehead. “I got it oppa” I answered him.

“Everyone get ready, we need to be there at 9” my appa said. “You’re going to meet someone special that will help you achieve your dreams darling” appa ruffled my hair before leaving the room. “Let’s get you changed Miss Ming” my assistant Henry came to lead me to my room. “We’ve got 1 hour to get ready” Henry informed me before leaving my room. Yes, I can’t wait to see who it is, hope it’s the ceremony to hand me the ownership papers. Hello new CEO.