His House

Her Long List of Ex Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: His House

Kris and I stood side by side under the shed under the rain that’s pouring harder and harder by the second. There still aren’t any buses around and I’m starting to get impatient.

I really wanted to talk to him but I don’t know how to open up the topic to start a conversation. I am probably not like this but maybe it’s because my mind is still preoccupied by the fact that I had faced my eleventh breakup just minutes ago. My eyes are probably swollen, right now.

I heard him cough. He probably knows how awkward it is for us right now.

“Uhm…” he paused. “I don’t think the rain is going to stop anytime soon.” He beamed.

I sighed. “And I don’t think there would be buses anytime soon, as well.” I responded then it was his turn to sigh.

I looked at the part of the road where the bus would come from and there was no sign of any vehicle coming on. There were even no cars or anything.

I was looking to my right and I caught Kris in my periphery. He really is tall and he looks like he just came out of the magazine. He’s a freaking model. Swear!

He really looks cold and strong and stoic on the outside. In fact, if he didn’t generously offer me an umbrella just right now, I would think of his as a snob. Well, he really suits that image. That cold city guy image.

I felt him step back to sit on the railings on the shed. “Let’s sit for a while, Ashin.” He told me.

I looked at him, shocked at what he called me. He called me Ashin. He called me on my first name!

He must have known what I was thinking because he suddenly grew conscious. “Uhm, I mean, I can call you Ashin, right?” He asked me in a polite manner. He even seemed embarrassed.

I smiled and nodded. “Sure, you can.” I told him. “Sorry, I was just taken aback because it was my first time hearing my name from you.” I explained.

He smiled shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. For the first time, I have never thought that someone would actually look really good with a simple V-neck shirt and a pair of loose and faded jeans. It seemed normal but, I already told you, Kris is a freaking model.

A freaking shy model.

I sat awkwardly beside him as we wait for our bus to arrive. We have been waiting for about fifteen minutes now.

I really want to have a decent conversation with him right now. But I really don’t know where to start. Should I ask for his family background? His likes? His dislikes? I don’t know. What if he thinks that I am interrogating him? Well, it might be true at some point but if I don’t, we’ll just be sitting here awkwardly and secretly wishing for a bus to come as fast as it could.

I faked a cough to break the silence. “So, do you know someone from our neighborhood already?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “We’ve been here for about four days now but I still hadn’t walked around the neighborhood.” He started. “I have been busy unpacking my loads. It’s really tiring.” He finished.

I nodded. “Must be hard.” I commented and he chuckled. “You have no idea.” He told me then it was my time to laugh.

“You’re the only I know from the neighborhood.” He then spoke. “Though I don’t really know if your house is near ours.” He pointed out.

I chuckled. “Who knows? Maybe you’re the neighbor my mother has been talking about a few weeks ago.” I beamed.

He smiled. “I really hope so.” He replied. “It’s really hard to not know someone in the neighborhood.” He continued as he fixed his hair that became a bit messy because of the wind. “And I also believe in the second greatest commandment. Love thy neighbor.” I think he tried to crack a joke so I laughed even though I didn’t find it that funny.

“You’re funny!” Okay. I’m a great liar. That’s one of the lam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter