The Ninth

Her Long List of Ex Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: The Ninth

“At least people liked her. What about you? Why do you keep bullying her? Do you like her?”

Kris’ question hang in the air as all of my classmates looked at him. I did too.

Everyone was shocked that this new guy is already talking back to the number one bully in the campus.

I have never expected a cute and adorable Kris who eats a burger like a kid is looking really serious and scary right now.

Minho, who was silenced for about ten seconds, found himself and scoffed at Kris. He was to him and cocked his head to the side. “And just who are you?” He asked him. “Do you know who you talked back at?” He asked again but now, with a warning in his voice.

I looked at Kris and he’s looking back at Minho with equal flames in his eyes. He’s not even taken aback at all!

“You. Who else?” Kris replied with an equal threat.

Everyone gasped at his remark. He just defied Song Minho. Again.

Minho raised his brow as his jaw tightened. I know that he felt insulted but I was happy that he got his match. He’s way too hard on bullying and I like that he is insulted. If karma would strike, he would at least have twenty embarrassing moments.

“You-“

“Good morning, class!”

Minho was about to punch Kris when Mr. Yoon, our teacher in Chemistry, arrived. He pursed his lips in a firm line and pointed a finger at Kris. “You’ll have your time.” He warned and Kris just stared back at him, not even looking taken aback.

Everyone then settled and I looked at Kris. “You shouldn’t have done that.” I whispered to him.

He looked at me and smiled. “What do you mean?” He asked. “He doesn’t have the right to bully people like that.” He continued. “And besides, I consider you my friend now. I protect my friends.” He finished before looking at Mr. Yoon that’s starting a new topic.

“I heard we have a transferee.” Mr. Yoon beamed as he looked around finding for Kris. “Oh! There he is!” He smiled. “I hope you know how to balance an equation because you’re going to answer my first problem.” He said and he started to write the chemical equation that Kris should balance.

_ Pb(OH)2 + _ HCl = _ H2O + _ PbCl2

Mr. Yoon nodded at Kris and he stood up to answer the question in front.

Everyone was laughing and was expecting that he would not get the right answer. I think everyone’s opinion on Kris is divided now. I’m pretty sure that every girl turned their heads when they saw him pass by him this morning but since he had the guts to talk back to Minho, they might think of him as a delinquent as well.

1 Pb(OH)2 + 2 HCl = 2 H2O + 1 PbCl2

Mr. Yoon smiled at Kris as he finished balancing the equation spot on. He didn’t even list how many molecules is which. He just answered it and placed the numbers.

Isn’t that pure genius?

Or was the equation that easy?

“Very well, Mr. Wu.” Mr. Yoon beamed as Kris walked back to his seat. I saw him glance and smirk at Minho when he passed by his chair.

I shut my eyes. This is going to be a long day for him and Minho because everyone knows that he hates losing to someone. Especially now that he found another person who can match his angst.

Everyone followed Kris as he sat on his chair. He looked at me and smiled.

“What’s this?”

“Is he dating Ashin?”

“Wow! Ashin’s really fast when it comes to boys.”

I rolled my eyes as I heard some murmurs around. I heard Gina cuss under her breath about how people are so mindful of others’ lives that they forget about theirs. I looked at her and mouthed that it’s okay since they might be right about me and my exes.

The class was peaceful until it was lunch time.

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter