Safe

Her Long List of Ex Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: Safe

My relationship with Kris is going smoothly. Sure there are a lot of people who wanted us to breakup or who are putting a deadline on our relationship, we didn’t care. Actually, I care but Kris does everything he could to make me not give a damn.

He spends most of his time at school with me. He eats lunch with me and Gina. Sometimes, I eat with him and Sooyoung, who is a little weird because she’s too quiet and I don’t see her that way when she’s alone with Kris.

I am not the type who asks her boyfriend to stay away from other girls so, sometimes, I let him eat with Sooyoung alone. After all, they are buddies. They are study buddies and they both love NASA and the galaxy.

Sometimes, though, I could see Sooyoung look at me and Kris as we eat alone. It seemed like she didn’t like me for her friend just as how everybody is against my relationship with him.

I don’t find it weird though. She might be thinking that I stole her best friend from her because he’s giving me more time now that her. She must be hurting and at some point, it is because of me and my existence in Kris’ life.

I tried opening that up with Kris but he told me it’s fine and that I shouldn’t be thinking about it. I don’t know. The more I think to not think about it, the more I think about it. Is that always the case?

Ugh!

“Ashin,” I stopped thinking and looked at Luhan who’s frowning at me. He sat in front of my desk and faced me. “Why didn’t you tell me about your new guy?” He asked me with a tone of being hurt.

I sighed and gave him an apologetic look. “I didn’t know that we’d be together.” I told him the truth. I didn’t really know what Kris has on his mind. He draws someone’s name on his notebook then the next moment he tells me he likes me more than a friend. I didn’t know we were official until he called me his girlfriend. Which gave me chills by the way.

Luhan shut his eyes and I can see that he’s trying to contain his emotions. At least he’s not like Jongin who overreacted and was mad.

“I’m hurt.” He spoke in all honesty. “I really thought we’d be something again. I really hoped that you would be mine again but I guess I was too late.” He spoke sadly.

I looked at him and sighed. “I’m sorry.” I uttered.

Somehow, I feel bad for him and for Jongin and for Junmyeon. They all wanted me back. But then when it’s ex, it’s really an ex. The past. Period.

He took another deep breath. “I know it’s not your fault.” He told me. “And I don’t mind getting hurt by you because I know how much I’ve hurt you in the past.”

I smiled. “You’re forgiven.” I told him. “The past is forgotten.” I continued and he smiled.

At least he can still manage to give me a small smile.

“I’ll always be right here when that bastard leaves you. I am always open for you.” He told me.

I smiled and nodded. Although, I’m praying Kris would never leave me. I don’t think I can still manage the situation if he leaves me.

“One more thing,” he said. “I like seeing your smile these past few days. You’re genuine.” He smiled at me then faced the front.

I smiled to myself and took a deep breath. I looked at Kris’ empty seat and smiled even wider. Sometimes, it takes two hearts to become whole and contented.

Right now, I’m contented with Kris.

--

Kris, though, was absent today. He texted me earlier that he’d be running some errands and he wished he was with me through the day but he didn’t tell me the reason.

I’m thinking that it’s a family emergency.

“Ashin,”

I was shocked to see Sooyoung talking to me. Really, she doesn’t talk to me when I’m eating lunch with him and Kris but why is she talking to me now?

“Yes?” I smiled at her but she didn’t. I frowned. Ser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter