Kris, the Cute and the Manly

Her Long List of Ex Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Kris, the Cute and the Manly

“So you broke up with Junmyeon?” My sister asked me as she visited me in my room that night.

I sighed and looked at her. “It’s the other way around. He broke up with me.” I replied with emphasis on the pronouns in the right sequence.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. “Why are they always the ones breaking up with you?” She asked in frustration.

“I wish I know why.”

I’m curious as well. None of my breakups was initiated by me and I don’t know what kind of pride I have for myself at this point of living. I always think we could work it out but they’re thinking the other way. It’s like there’s no other solution other than ending it.

Maybe it’s better like that. Maybe it’s better to end it sooner than hurt the whole while. But I can’t really keep myself from thinking of the what ifs.

What if we worked it out?

What if we actually made it if it weren’t for them itching to end it?

My sister sighed once again. I know how frustrated she is that until now, I still haven’t gotten my Mr. Right. She’s found hers now and she’s in college.

I’ve told her that it’s too early for me to say that any guy I would meet is the right one but she’s too preoccupied with the fact that her boyfriend now has been the only one she’s ever dated.

Do you know how jealous I am that my sister actually has a stable man to be with? What were they doing when I was busy dating eleven different boys? What were they up to when my heart was busy getting hurt because of the breakups?

“You’ll find him soon.” She told me and I just nodded.

I know that she’s just telling me this so I won’t give up on love. Gosh! Eleventh breakup at age seventeen? Do you realize how short my relationships were?

This is the sole reason why I am a hot topic in school when I have a new boyfriend. The people are busy guessing how long it would be. And yes, my relationships don’t last long. I mean, didn’t last long. My longest would probably be Junmyeon. Almost four months.

“Go to sleep.” She told me as she stood up from my bed. “I know that you know what you have to do in things like this.” She smiled then walked out of the door.

I smiled sadly. I know what to do in times like this. Hell yeah. I only have to get no wink of sleep tonight then pray for tomorrow’s day. Pray that I won’t pass by Junmyeon or any of those members of his computer geek club.

--

“Hey, Ashin!”

My soul almost jumped out of my system as I heard a cheerful Kris call me early in the morning.

I looked at him and he’s on his school uniform and backpack and smiling widely at me. “Good morning!” He nodded at me as he walked close to me.

I smiled back – though I’m trying to really look weird – and greeted back. “You’re too early for school!” I beamed at him.

He gave me a look. “If I’m early, then you are, too!” He beamed happily.

I smiled and mentally slapped myself for my stupid remark. “Ah… Hehe…” I scratched my head. “I’m…” I paused and thought of an alibi. He looked at me and waited for my answer. I chuckled awkwardly. “I’m actually having breakfast because my Mom is still sleeping and I don’t want to wake her up yet.” I wanted to kill myself in my mind. “Yes. That’s it! My mom’s still sleeping.” I repeated that stupid alibi.

He smiled and nodded. “Oh!” He replied. “How about we grab breakfast together?” He asked me.

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

He smiled slickly. “My mother left early for work. We still hadn’t gotten us a helper so no one prepared breakfast.” He told me.

I smiled to mask my disappointment. I wouldn’t have said that alibi. Now I have to stand for it for the day. “Sure!” I beamed acting so excited but I’m not.

The truth is, I wanted to go to school early because I don’t want to arrive at school when I know that Junmyeon is already there. I’m not ready to meet him just yet.

“Then let’s go!” He tugged my arm with him and walked to the bus stop.

“Where do you want to eat?” I asked him.

He thought for a minute but then he turned to me. “I don’t really know any restos or cafés around.” He told me. “Where’s the best restaurant?” He asked me.

I can’t think of anything right now because I’m not really hungry. I’ve just eaten my favorite bacon my sister cooked and I can’t think of any good restaurant because I am not starving!

“How do you want to eat your breakfast? American?” I asked.

“Sure. That’s great!” He beamed.

I smiled and nodded. “Alright! To American breakfast!” I beamed as we waited for the bus before I led him to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter