Chapter 32

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 32 updated! Read and comment. Vote if you like. Sorry for any grammar mistakes and misspelled words! Enjoy the long chapter ahead.

 

PS. Do you think this story is taking too long?

 

----

 

 

II

 

Chapter 32

 

 

 

“Honey…”

 

“…”

 

“Ji…”

 

“…”

 

“Jiyeon…”

 

Jiyeon hastily raised her head up, feeling the warm palm touching her skin. She noticed the worried pair of eyes looking straight at her, as if silently asking if she was alright.

 

“W-What?” She answered shortly, forcing a smile so that the he won’t think something. She quietly berates herself inside her head for being dazed and for not giving quite attention to the man in front of her.

 

“Are you okay, Honey?”

 

“Y-Yeah…” She quickly took her fork again; twisting her pasta that she realized has turned cold already. “W-What did you say, oppa?”

 

The man didn’t speak up, instead staring at her with full concern. “You don’t look okay to me though.” He grabbed her left hand, and squeezed it. “What’s the problem? Are you having flu?”

 

“N-No, oppa. I’m perfectly fine. Why I wouldn’t be okay?” She chuckled, averting her eyes from him. “I-I’m just thinking something that’s why I didn’t hear what you said.”

 

“Then what is it?” His brows up quizzically.

 

Jiyeon swallowed hard, looking down to hide her face a little. Definitely, she couldn’t tell him what she was thinking. How could she? She wasn’t that stupid to tell if the things inside her head were full of Eunjung. Yes. Eunjung. Since she woke up that day, all she could think was their conversation that night. How she opened up to her— how she told her about her pain to have hoped for her that long. To have waited in vain. That night was indeed an open through, for Eunjung to see what’s inside her heart— to her wounded self that she imprisoned and swore not to show ever again.

 

Jiyeon heaved a sigh.

 

The pain and sadness that she saw from the older girl’s eyes was unforgettable. Her heart appreciated how Eunjung wanted to come back to her. But then, on her part, she can’t. She herself was confused and so her heart and mind. It was like a thousand feelings battling within her. She never meant to disappoint her, but she never wanted to surrender either that easily. She did spend enough time to make herself whole again after that shattering heartbreak. Jiyeon was still hurt but she wouldn’t lie that that night also made her realize and accept wholeheartedly that Eunjung still held that special place in her heart.

 

Yes. Special place. That’s all she could say. She couldn’t voice the word out or even tell it herself without feeling guilty, not of course when her boyfriend was with her. But what’s the difference anyway when her thoughts were all about her? You’re such a liar, Jiyeon…

 

Jiyeon was aware that in life, there was always a choice and a path to take. And she chose what she thought was right to all of them and move on. It doesn’t matter if she’s hurting too, or if she gets lonely. She’s going to be fine. She has to. Because the moment she opened the door and let Jong Woon in to her life, was the moment she promised to stop spinning her own world to Eunjung.

 

 “…yeon?”

 

“H-Huh?”

 

“I said, what are you thinking?”

 

“N-Nothing. J-Just about work. Yeah… w-work.” Her voice trailed off.

 

His brows met. “Are you stressed?”

 

“N-No—.” She looked up to him, seeing his eyes with so much worry. She felt guilty. “O-Okay, I’m maybe stressing. Yeah, that’s right. Yeah.” She nodded, letting him to think that she was. She smiled, squeezing his palm too. “Did I worry you?”

 

“Yes. Don’t work yourself that much, Hon.”

 

“Okay.”

 

----

 

“We better go home now. It’s getting late.” She mumbled to the silent girl that she was hugging, patting her arm lightly. She never wanted that night to end but she knew she has to let go of her. Eunjung sniffed, wiping her own face when the other girl pulled away from her. She chuckled, seeing Jiyeon’s messy face. She handed her a handkerchief over.

 

“Don’t laugh. I’m embarrassed for crying, you know.”

 

“Who said I’m going to laugh? You know I cried too.”

 

Jiyeon didn’t answer. She reached out for the handkerchief and wiped her face. “Can I use this to blow my nose?”

 

A bit of smile. “Sure.”

 

Eunjung watched her, before filling her lungs out with air and breathed out. They cried like a river. But that night made her chest free from all the burdens— from all the guilt. Jiyeon made her feel that she was already forgiven though it hurts and her heart bleed, hearing her rejection. It was like losing Jiyeon the second time.

 

But Eunjung understood. Even Jiyeon chose to turn her down, and move on not choosing her. That was okay for her. And the fact that she won’t be able to stand beside her either— it would still be alright. That’s all she has done, understand and accept. Because she knows, despite with all the things happened, their friendship remains.

 

Eunjung stood up, seeing Jiyeon put the handkerchief in her bag. She extended her hand. “Let’s go.”

 

The two walked silently to the parking lot. Holding hands, no talking, only the heels of their shoes that kissed on the pavement can be heard. Eunjung eyed their cars parked. She couldn’t move and let go of Jiyeon’s hand. She held her hand tightly.

 

“J-Jungie.”

 

“…”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t Ji… You didn’t do anything wrong… I should be the one saying I’m sorry.”

 

“But still… sorry…”

 

Eunjung smiled, tugging Jiyeon’s hand, squeezing it affectionately this time. Jiyeon shifted her eyes, returning the gesture shortly before pulling her hand, walking to her own car.

 

“So… see you when I see you, Eunjung.” She said, trying to put enough enthusiasm in her voice.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Uhm… about your h-handkerchief?”

 

“It’s okay, Ji… keep it.”

 

“Hmm.” She nodded. Jiyeon readied to open her car when Eunjung’s voice halted her movement.

 

“Jiyeon.”

 

Jiyeon’s eyebrows up, waiting.

 

“I-If…” Eunjung wet her lower lip as she played with the hem of her shirt. Somehow she prayed that Jiyeon wouldn’t notice her embarrassing nervousness. “I-If I’ve returned sooner and didn’t have come back late, would you have considered of taking me back?”

 

Eunjung felt Jiyeon’s gaze at her but she refused to meet the younger girl’s eyes. She felt stupid. Jiyeon could kill her right then and there, for starting another conversation again and she wouldn’t mind. She needed her answer.

 

“Yes.”

 

And there, her much awaited answer.

 

She felt a jolt inside her body. Eunjung beamed, and sighed.

 

She was contented.

 

“Thank you.”

 

----

 

“Yah!”

 

“…”
 

“Yah! Ham Eunjung!”

 

Eunjung only groaned under the beddings. She didn’t care whoever called her name, waking her up. She wanted her sleep. She felt like she was deprived amount of sleep after a busy week from their office— projects, meetings with engineers, consultation, meetings with clients plus her regular ocular visit to her special project with Gyuri. Simultaneously, she worked on both. Eunjung needed her weekend to be spent with her bed. To reenergize herself or she will look like zombie working the next week. 


“Jungie!”

 

Eunjung knew that voice very well. She whined. “Go away…”

 

“Yah!” The intruder pulled the comforter away from her, slapping her legs. “I didn’t want to waste my time coming here. C’mon, wake up and wash.”

 

“…” The woman under the cover didn’t move.

 

“Eunjung!” The person yelled this time. She pulled her right big toe. “EUNJUNGIE!

 

“Argh! Hyomin-ah! Can you…” She sat up, hissing. Eunjung raised her fists above her head. She wanted to strangle her best friend from bothering her sleep. “Argh!” She threw herself again on the bed.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Damn you…” She whispered.

 

“Yah!”

 

“What are you doing here anyway? Don’t make me regret giving you my passcode.”

 

“Why are you asking?” Hyomin tilted her head, wondering. She gasped. “Yah! Don’t tell me, you forgot?”

 

“Don’t yah yah me… You’ve saying that word many times that I could kill you now. I’m still older than you.” She gritted her teeth. “Well, what did I forget?” She frowned.

 

“Eunjung!” Hyomin jumped on the bed, kneeling. “Someone’s having her special day today. Remember?”

 

“What?” Eunjung eyes shifted to the side table, looking at her desk calendar. Her eyes widened, seeing the date that she encircled. “Crap!” She bounced from her bed, stepping to the floor.

 

“Bingo!” Hyomin smirked, watching Eunjung getting her towel on the rack on rush.

 

“Why you didn’t call me earlier!”

 

“Well, I didn’t know you’ll forget about it.”

 

Hyomin picked the sheet cover, folding it neatly.

 

“Wait!” Eunjung peeked from the bathroom, holding her toothbrush. “C-Can I invite another one? A friend?”

 

Hyomin pouted. “Who?”

 

“Just… a friend. We actually have a plan today because I thought I have no schedule.” She brushed her teeth, looking towards the mirror. She took seconds before talking again, spitting out of the foam from . “And I’ll be guilty if I cancel it now. Knowing him, he’ll sure think of anything to get even with me.”

 

“Him?”

 

Their eyes met at the mirror, and Eunjung shrugged nonchalantly. She heard Hyomin asked again but she didn’t reply. She must move quickly before her dearest friend sulk just because she f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter