Chapter 19

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 19. Happy Valentines!<3

----

 

Chapter 19

 

 

 

“I passed the audition.” Jiyeon whispered.

 

Her parents looked at her, excitedly. Jiyeon bit her lip when she saw the happiness that clearly visible in their eyes.

 

“I always knew my daughter will make it.” Mr. Park said, obviously pleased with the news that his daughter told them.

 

Mrs. Park hugged her daughter proudly. “Jiyeon we’re so proud of you. It’s a good opportunity that you have there.”

 

“So, Princess… what your professor’s said? Did they explain or did they brief you what will be the next?”

 

Jiyeon slowly nodded her head. “Y-Yes, they’re going to train us for at least three months here.” She stopped for a moment. “T-Then they will bring us to London for joining the other and train there for one year. Our studies will continue there too as exchange students.”

 

“That’s good. I think they will teach you everything Jiyeon-ah.” Mr. Park smiled at his daughter. He tapped her shoulder. “Princess, can you see now that your dream is slowly come true?”

 

“Y-Yes, appa.”

 

Mrs. Park stared at her daughter. Her brows met, noticing her daughter seems not excited to what she has achieved.

 

“We should, celebrate today. Yeobo, call Hyojoon to come home early.” Mr. Park stood up from his seat. Mrs. Park didn’t answer her husband. She stayed looking at her daughter.

 

“Yeob—.”

 

“Jiyeon-ah.” Mrs. Park approached her daughter, sitting beside her. “What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?”

 

“Of course, I’m happy eomma.”

 

“Then why are you so quiet?"

 

Jiyeon looked down, fidgeting the pillow in her thighs. Her heart raced, thinking how she will tell them in a good way.

 

“Jiyeon-ah.”

 

Mr. Park stood in front of his wife and daughter, wondering. “What’s the problem, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

Jiyeon felt nervous that her hands sweat. The truth she was planning on telling her parents that she will not accept the training abroad. She was alright to stay there in Seoul, even if only normal professors or trainers that will teach or practice her. She was okay just fine, as long as she will stay there. Was she crazy choosing her love rather than the thing that she was long to dream? Yes, she’s totally crazy. But what she can do? She’s in love. And there’s nothing she wanted at the moment but to stay and be with Eunjung, always.

 

Jiyeon lifted her head. “A-Appa, I’m sorry. But I don’t think I can a-accept it. I-I don’t want to go.”

 

Mrs. Park gasped; her gaze flew to her husband who looked at his daughter with unreadable face. Mrs. Park didn’t know what her husband was thinking at the moment.

 

The three of them remained silent. It was Mrs. Park who dared to speak first and broke the silence that surrounding them.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, are you sure of your decision? Remember, this was what you like before. This is what you aim in the first place, that’s why you choose this course to study.”

 

“Y-Yes, eomma.”

 

“Then what happened?”

 

Mr. Park raised his eyebrows. “Can you tell us the real reason why you don’t like to accept it?”

 

Jiyeon’s eyes widened that she felt panicked, her hands trembled. She swears that she can’t find a good reason to tell her parents. She wasn’t that crazy to say that Eunjung was her only reason. They won’t understand it when they know that they are just merely best of friends.

 

“I-I just don’t like to go, appa. I don’t know if I can be alone abroad. I’m not that confident.”

 

Mr. Park stared at his daughter long.

 

“I-I’m sorry, appa.” Jiyeon said, softly.

 

“Are you sure?” He coldly asked.

 

“Y-Yes.”

 

“Think of it first, Jiyeon-ah.” Mrs. Park touched her daughter’s hand. “Maybe, you’re just feeling overwhelmed with the news?”

 

“I-I already thought of it many times, eomma. And I am decided now not to take it. I want to stay here w-with you all.”

 

Mrs. Park sighed, looking at her husband.

 

Mr. Park looked at his daughter one last time, before closing his eyes and heaved a sighed.

 

“Okay, if that’s what you want.” Mr. Park finally said, he turned his back and walked upstairs, quietly.

 

The moment Jiyeon saw their faces when she told them the good news, Jiyeon felt hurt. She never wanted to disappoint them in the first place. If only the opportunity happened or came to her before she and Eunjung got together, she will grab it willingly and heartily. But today isn’t the same anymore. Her only dream now was to stay where Eunjung is and nothing more.

 

---

 

“We’re going home now, Jungie.” Boram stood up hugging her sister. “Jieun-ah, let’s go! Are you going to ride in my car with me or not?” She shouted.

 

“Ahhh… it’s so early!” Jieun whined, pouting.

 

“What early? It’s almost midnight now. Looked at Hyomin and Wooyoung, they already passed out now in the kitchen.”

 

Eunjung chuckled, seeing her two friends asleep. “So how can you bring them home?”

 

“Aish… I don’t know.” Boram scratched her head. “Yah, Qri-yah will you bring Hyomin home?”

 

“It’s fine with me, as long as you guys wake her up or I’ll drag her to the floor to my car downstairs.”

 

Jiyeon giggled hearing Qri. “I’ll wake her up unnie, don’t worry.”

 

“Unnie, I want to stay here. When will Dad give me my own apartment too?” Jieun pouted still sitting on the couch.

 

“Wait five years, baby sister. ‘Coz I waited that long too.” Eunjung pinched her cheek.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Wait, how about Wooyoung oppa?” Jiyeon shouted, peeking from the kitchen.

 

The five others in the living looked at each other. No one dared to talk to initiate of bringing Wooyoung home. Soyeon sighed.

 

“Fine. I’ll bring him to his home but please Boram-ah call Jo Kwon to wait for us at the gate.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Hyomin and Jiyeon walked from the kitchen with Wooyoung in tow. Hyomin was obviously sleepy and still not yet sober. Eunjung shook her head; it was always Hyomin got drunk in every party or in any occasion. She laughed inwardly, remembering Hyomin danced and sing to her hearts content plus Wooyoung’s comedic act. Indeed, her house warming party really felt warmth, celebrating it together with her friends. Eunjung saw Soyeon punching Wooyoung’s arm. She suddenly felt sad thinking that is her last party with Soyeon, now that the older girl will fly to the US three days from now. Eunjung jumped feeling a hand on her back. She smiled seeing Jiyeon.

 

“How about you, Jiyeon-ah? Oh, right. Jungie you will bring her home?”

 

Eunjung cleared , looking shortly at Jiyeon. “No. She will stay over here. I’ll drive her home tomorrow morning.”

 

The other six grew quiet while looking at them as if Eunjung said a sinful word. Boram was the first to react.

 

“Sleep over?” Boram carefully asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

Silence again.

 

They got startled when Qri yelled. “Yah! Hyo where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to sleep in Jungie’s room!”

 

“Yah!” Eunjung ran past the girl to her room’s door, blocking Hyomin. “Are you crazy Hyomin-ah?!” She held tightly to the doorknob. “You can’t!”

 

“The reason for me to stay here too, Boram-unnie.” Jieun said, sitting on the couch again.

 

“Jieun-ah, you can stay here but you have to wash the dishes first!” Eunjung yelled, stopping Hyomin by propping legs in the girl’s stomach. “Don’t come here, Minnie. I thought you’re drunk?”

 

“I’m sober now the moment you said Jiyeon will stay here.”

 

“Then leave my room alone.”

 

“I want to sleep there!”

 

“Then sleep at the couch, not my bed!”

 

“I want your bed!”

 

“No!”

 

“Why? Have you installed trap for Jiyeon there ?”

 

“What?! Why would I do that? What do you think of her, a rat?”

 

Jiyeon face palmed, shaking her head, feeling embarrass while Soyeon covering not to laughed loudly. Wooyoung sat on the floor, enjoying watching the two. Qri deadpanned.

 

“I’m going to protect my sister from you, ert!”

 

“I am not! And she’s not your sister. Jiyeon doesn’t have crazy sister like you.”

 

“We’re both Park!”

 

“So? Soyeon unnie is a Park too. And don’t overreacting, Jiyeon will just spend the night here to sleep, idiot!

 

“Yah! We always know the meaning when you said “spend” the night! ‘Coz you always do that with Gyuri before! You rabbit!”

 

Eunjung’s face turned red, her eyebrows met for real. “SHUT UP!”

 

“Yah! You two stop that!” Boram cut in. “Do you think you’re still kids playing and shouting? Your voices are all over the house that neighbors will wake up anytime. Please give a shame to us. Hyomin-ah, let’s go home, Qri will drive you. And you Jieun-ah—.”

 

“I’m going home, unnie. I don’t want to wash the dishes. I love my nails.” Jieun stood up, picking her bag.

 

Hyomin stomped, walking towards the others while Eunjung sticks her tongue out to her. Qri pinched Hyomin’s ear the moment she stands before her for causing trouble again.

 

“Jungie.”

 

“Yes, unnie.”

 

“We’re going home now. And remember, be behaved.”

 

“Unnie~ not you also.” Eunjung whined, embarrassed to look at Jiyeon.

 

“I’m just saying.” Boram turned to Jiyeon to kiss her on the cheek. “Jiyeon-ah, goodnight.”

 

Jiyeon nodded. “Okay unnie, goodnight. Bye, Jieun-ah.”

 

“See you, Jiyeonie.”

 

“Oi, Jiyeon be careful okay?” Hyomin patted her head.

 

Eunjung glared at her friend.

 

“What? If I have duct tape now, I’ll tape your mouth right now so that it won’t touch Jiyeon!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Okay, before you two start again, let’s go.” Qri interrupted, pulling Hyomin to the door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter